without Initiation

• Thread starter DeletedUser3303
  • Start date

DeletedUser3303

have the initiation guys, cos they don't give you all the rewards like they say, you don't get the sword to get 2nd farm village or any of the resources, i just messed my start up and cant restart now

quickest world i have ever played, quitting this one now cos this will set me back to much

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard

Strategos
Hi there. The without initiation doesn't claim to give you the same benefits as running the tutorial. It pretty explicitly tells you otherwise, in fact.

8ce5.png

DeletedUser

That's a sham luk.... You'll still be here in our hearts ^_^

DeletedUser3303

my bad, i only read you get the valuable resorces bit and thought you guys was giving us the option to skip tutorial and still get the bonus's, did not realize, the option was get messed up at the start and set back a day or two or not get messed up at the start

DeletedUser5819

The descriptions are there for a reason. If you don't bother reading them you are going to find things out the hard way.

Some people prefer the tutorial-free option.
Its a choice you make, but better to make it an informed choice rather than a guess and a moan.

DeletedUser3303

i kinda opened this topic to let others know not to do it, i was not planning on playing new world seriously anyway, also i think i have pointed out a really pointless option to inno, cos knowing the options now, who want +50% resources when you have not the resources to build camps up in the first place, or the troops to take middle villages, same for premium for 3 days, there not much point in a extended biulding ques if you have not the resources to make the que up.

DeletedUser14937

Please do nott say you will quit the world just because you have been setback what will be the overall equivalent of maybe.. 1 day?

DeletedUser30111

Please do nott say you will quit the world just because you have been setback what will be the overall equivalent of maybe.. 1 day?

It's actually a pretty large setback, and a rather useless option, I did it in Apollo and was very aggravated when I realized I didn't get the same rewards as the other option.

DeletedUser

I believe if you did the following you would be in compliance with the game rules, but if I am wrong I hope a Mod will correct me quickly so that you don't get in trouble. You could..
1. Create a new email account and game account (bummer part here is you would have to take a new in-game name for this world, but maybe that's not so bad.)
2. Declare shared connection for this new account and your original account.
3. Set your original account to delete on this world, and never log into it here again.
4. Play the new account, choosing to take the Initiation Quests and you've only lost about 4-5 hours of game time.

DeletedUser5819

Gonna let someone current answer that one, but the shared connection is only for different people, not for one person 2 accounts.

I would advise writing in a ticket for confirmation before trying it.

DeletedUser

Yes the Shared Connection is intended for when two or more people play from the same location, however as far as the system knows different emails are different people whether or not there is more than one actual human involved. I only included that step as a CYA for the fact that both accounts would access the server from the same IP briefly. Since the original account would NEVER be logged into once it was set to delete, I expect you could skip that step although I think to be completely within the rules you would technically have to declare the shared connection. As a thought exercise, consider this as two roommates signing up, and then the first one deciding he doesn't want to play and hitting 'delete'.

DeletedUser

1. Delete your account the way it should be done (by confirming the email)
2. Start a new account and choose direction (with a new email-account)
3. Choose to have the initiation
4. Write a ticket to support from the new account telling them what happened.

DeletedUser5819

Yes the Shared Connection is intended for when two or more people play from the same location, however as far as the system knows different emails are different people whether or not there is more than one actual human involved. I only included that step as a CYA for the fact that both accounts would access the server from the same IP briefly. Since the original account would NEVER be logged into once it was set to delete, I expect you could skip that step although I think to be completely within the rules you would technically have to declare the shared connection. As a thought exercise, consider this as two roommates signing up, and then the first one deciding he doesn't want to play and hitting 'delete'.
You misunderstand me. The declaration of sharing a connection is only for use by two or more people sharing a connection.

Using it as you describe would be completely outside the rules and should not be done. As a thought exercise, lying about whether you are two people is not likely to get a sympathetic response from the support team.

It would be better if you did not openly advise people to break the rules or misuse the system, but rather advised them to ask the support team for the best course of action.

DeletedUser

I didn't misunderstand you. You are correct that SC should be declared when 2 or more people are present and that it is intended for use when there are multiple actual humans. Part of the reason that SC is required is so that Inno can detect when one person is multi-accounting; or more accurately, to rule out situations that appear to a multi-account player but are actually multiple players. I think you may have missed my point; two different emails connecting from the same IP appears to be two different people to the system and as such would require a declaration to avoid breaking the rules.

I did not, and would never, advocate for any player to violate any Grepolis rules. If you re-read the part of my post that you bolded, you will see that I was saying that while it might be possible to skip the declaration, you should do it to be in compliance with the rules.

That said, this is probably the better answer to the OP's original dilemma. A combination of my first post and your first reply - Make a new account, and tell support the details of why you have two accounts from one IP.
1. Delete your account the way it should be done (by confirming the email)
2. Start a new account and choose direction (with a new email-account)
3. Choose to have the initiation
4. Write a ticket to support from the new account telling them what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5819

I didn't misunderstand you. You are correct that SC should be declared when 2 or more people are present and that it is intended for use when there are multiple actual humans. Part of the reason that SC is required is so that Inno can detect when one person is multi-accounting; or more accurately, to rule out situations that appear to a multi-account player but are actually multiple players. I think you may have missed my point; two different emails connecting from the same IP appears to be two different people to the system and as such would require a declaration to avoid breaking the rules.

I did not, and would never, advocate for any player to violate any Grepolis rules. If you re-read the part of my post that you bolded, you will see that I was saying that while it might be possible to skip the declaration, you should do it to be in compliance with the rules.
My computer is obviously playing up, as it is not showing the yellow, green or purple status of your name, nor do I remember you from the past 3 years or so.

Advocating breaking of the rules is exactly what you are doing. As I said in my -rep, leave it to someone who knows, or cares, or both.

You might also find it useful to go read the rules, and the game pages you are referring to, just to avoid confusion in your own playing.

As you suggested in your tit-for-tat -rep, I shall indeed have a good day.

DeletedUser

I done the same thing. I didn't realize you didn't get the units, resources ect. :Angry: