World Speeds: Pros & Cons

DeletedUser

Ok, here goes!

World speed 1:
The Cons:
- This is a very slow moving game speed, i found that it wasn't for me!
- You can log on in the morning and place something in the build line, and it still won't be build several hours later!
- This forces a payer to be much much more careful with their armies, especially their ships! If you loose a fleet of 200 light ships it could take you all month to build them back up!

The Pros:
- Due to the long build time for both troops and buildings, you can afford to log on only once every few days. This speed is almost certainly suited to the less active player.
- There may be less fighting, but when it does happen, it is HUGE.
- There are more veteran players on speed 1 worlds, all the noobs have quit (i did this) due to the slow pace.

World speed 3:
The Cons:
- You must be incredibly active! Most buildings take a max of 3 hours to build, with a few exceptions.
- There is a HUGE about of fighting, your army could be wiped our on monday, and on wednesday it is back up to size!
- correct me if i am wrong on this, but there tends to be far more players in the 175-10k points bracket then in the 50-100k point bracket. This (if i am correct) is due to the fast pace, players stick with the game, but then loose interest and go inactive, leaving their half build cities behind...

The Pros:
- There is always something happening, due to the fast pace it is far more difficult to wipe out a player... you can have them wiped out but in only a few hours their defences will be back up and you'll have to kill them all over again!
- The players that are active are truly awesome. Most speed 3 players are very very knowledgeable of the game due to the amount of time they must spend playing it.
- Means that those payers who do stick with the game reap the rewards of insanely quick growth.

World Speed 2:
The Cons:
- THERE ARE NONE!

The Pros:
- You don't have to play 24/7 as in a speed 3 world.
- Still a moderately fast pace world speed.
- NOT insanely slow!
- Basically a really good speed for the not so active but still serious player.

Thank you, any comments/addition please comment bellow and + or - rep me accordingly!

Thanks

Tom

-

DeletedUser2663

"There are more veteran players on speed 1 worlds, all the noobs have quit (i did this) due to the slow pace."

only problem with that is nearly no veterans play speed one. from what i have seen on Mu and Nu it is a joke. havent played on the others but i have heard from trusted sources they are also a joke compared to some speed 2 worlds.

EDIT: this is just when i compare to servers i play as well, eg Gamma Zeta and Lambda

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I play on Nu and I don't mind the slow speeds, and there is some strong alliances it isn't a complete joke. But I would rather play a speed 2 world because I am extremely active, I am on almost 24/7 so a faster world would be better suited for me.

vincaocao

Phrourach
Speed 1

Pro:
It is stable

Con:
It is very slow paced

Speed 2:

Pro: Not too fast and not too slow and lots of good players play on s2 worlds.

Con: Can't think of any apart from the fact the some buildings take 12 hours to upgrade.

Speed 3:

Pro: Super fast, you build your cities real fast

Con: Unstable, cities get conquered in just 8 hours

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
My favourite is always speed 2...

Thomas.. You forgot to say that speed 3 requires you to have no life but the computer haha :D I'm being serious though, that's why I don't last long on a speed 3 world, its way to much and I have a life outside grepolis.

Speed 1 is okay... But it takes forever to build your city and your army up. It's worse than watching grass grow in my opinion lol :p but speed 1 is ideal for beginners at grepolis.

DeletedUser

we are all a bit biased on the greatness of speed two worlds, but why not! You can't compare 3 and love the one in the middle. You have to compare speed one to 2, speed 1 to 3, and speed 3 to 2. The middle is always better. One of the cons you forgot with speed three is that it can only hold about 30000 players, while a speed 1 can hold 60000-80000

DeletedUser

"There are more veteran players on speed 1 worlds, all the noobs have quit (i did this) due to the slow pace."

only problem with that is nearly no veterans play speed one. from what i have seen on Mu and Nu it is a joke. havent played on the others but i have heard from trusted sources they are also a joke compared to some speed 2 worlds.

EDIT: this is just when i compare to servers i play as well, eg Gamma Zeta and Lambda

I take it you've missed out on Beta :p

DeletedUser

He means alpha and beta ;)

DeletedUser

World speed 2 has cons. Slightly too slow for some of us.....

DeletedUser

ah, i think a speed 1 would suit me best since i kind of like the game, but can't really log on several times a day every day. in fact it is even better that the serious players are not on that world, since for the player who plays in between work, travel and so forth, it is not possible to be watching out all the time against players who are online almost 24/7, or go back online exactly at the time their building is scheduled to be done or something crazy like that. less frenetic a pace, maybe it would feel more like a nice chess game between strangers, rather than a feeling like you have to be online all the time. perhaps i shall give speed 1 worlds a try.

DeletedUser

Speed 1 is way too slow and speed 3 is too fast but speed 2 is just right LOL i sound like goldilocks and the 3 bears :D

DeletedUser

I like speed 1 most. Mostly ecause i'm used to it.
speed 2 is no problem either.

speed 3 is a bit too fast. change the conquer times and its great.

DeletedUser

if they ever made a speed 2.5 that would be pretty cool... or maybe 2.4 ;)

DeletedUser

For some of us 2 speed is actually to fast, like me, with the exception of Xi.

DeletedUser2524

I'm like toast. Speed 2 is too fast. Speed 1 is good for me.

DeletedUser

Speed one is good when it gets going, which could be a while @ milo BETA RULES!