World Wonder Era

DeletedUser

Revolt wasn't before my time mate and I still believe conquest is a better system and lots more fun. The difference between the revolt upgrade and the 2.0 upgrade is they still make conquest worlds giving players a choice. With the 2.0 upgrade there is no option, I'm not saying inno should not develop their game but where is the harm in allowing customer a choice? Lastly just because peoples opinion is different than your own and they express their opinion does not make them "whiners" this game is Grepolis not cbpolis.

DeletedUser

I actually agree with you on the something Murty. I have played Grepo since Delta and have played on both conquest and revolt worlds and played a spell in a 2.0 world before the update. I think there is a reason that many of the older players that have experience in the game didn't move to 2.0 for a reason. that is that they don't like it. The older players like the 1.26 layout and it's basic structure. as a matter of fact I joined Omni because it was the last 1.26 revolt world made and therefore in my eyes the most desirable to play on. Although I won't quit because of the upgrade, I am still very disappointed in Grepo for fixing something that wasn't broken.

On a side note, WW are a joke, they don't help. 5% higher favor production is not worth the resources it costs to build them. Furthermore the link with hero worlds is practically non-existent. 50 higher favor cap? Pathetic. They aren't hero worlds as much as the same game with 1 more god. As a matter of fact they are making "warrior worlds" into the hero world tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Grepolis not cbpolis.

Well, slap me with a dead fish, I didn't know that!

Murty, revolt started in mid 2010, your profile shows you started in 2011. Were you playing under a different name then?

I know you like to call alpha "girly", I could switch to that if you like.:eek:

DeletedUser

@ Mosert, Us agreeing? This can't be happening :D

@ cb, I think this is the forth account I have made, I never use the same one twice and I have taken over a few others. Looking at your stats I'm guess we started within a few days of each other ;)

DeletedUser

My original name was actually cb627, but I changed it because I thought cb627cb627 would be twice as good.

DeletedUser

I agree with Mosert. Omi was the most desirable to me, due to the fact it was the last 1.26. Hard to tell the future, but this will probably be the last world I ever play. Once this world ends/my time in this world ends, that's it for me. I may go back to TW... who knows, it's been many many years since I played there... and Grepo WAS a much better game, but that's how much v2 sucks.

DeletedUser

Yes I really consider starting on TW as well now because of the 2.0

DeletedUser

The whiners/girlies predicted that 2.0 would be the end of the world and we would have masses of players deleting there accounts.

But Omicron is still growing at about the same rate and is on track to start world wonders on April 18th. (4 months)

The whiners/girlies said revolt would be the end of grepolis......wrong
The whiners/girlies said morale would be the end of grepolis......wrong
The whiners/girlies said 2.0 would be the end of omicron......wrong again

I can't wait for 3.0 so we can go through this again :)

DeletedUser

3 weeks before the upgrade the top 12 alliances made 201 conquest between them, 2 weeks before the upgrade the top 12 made 224 conquest between them and the week before the upgrade the top 12 made 279 conquest between them.

Growth in conquest numbers is to be expected as weak players lose cities to stronger players giving them more attacking power and therefore allowing them to take cities and help their allies take cities. However in the past week since the upgrade the top 12 only made 187 conquest between them which shows a big drop off in active fighting.

The thing that made this world so exciting was the non stop attacks and conquest, this is pretty much the point "the whiners" were trying to make, that 2.0 would turn this from a war game into simcity. Which in turn will make it boring and stop players having any great interest in the game, which again will in time drive up the inactivity.

So while you maybe right about the world growing in points I am not happy to say it seems I have been proven right in my fears of the world becoming boring.

DeletedUser

3 weeks before the upgrade the top 12 alliances made 201 conquest between them, 2 weeks before the upgrade the top 12 made 224 conquest between them and the week before the upgrade the top 12 made 279 conquest between them.

Growth in conquest numbers is to be expected as weak players lose cities to stronger players giving them more attacking power and therefore allowing them to take cities and help their allies take cities. However in the past week since the upgrade the top 12 only made 187 conquest between them which shows a big drop off in active fighting.

The thing that made this world so exciting was the non stop attacks and conquest, this is pretty much the point "the whiners" were trying to make, that 2.0 would turn this from a war game into simcity. Which in turn will make it boring and stop players having any great interest in the game, which again will in time drive up the inactivity.

So while you maybe right about the world growing in points I am not happy to say it seems I have been proven right in my fears of the world becoming boring.

If you truly wanted a good war, you would have went to war with BS instead of merging with them.

The small drop in conquests, is obviously due to a few days of conquering farms which should be over soon. Since I can farm again, I can build troops faster then ever, which will mean more attacks.

You and others did predict a fall in points and were wrong.

Now you predict a fall off in action and will be proven wrong again.

The problem with your Simcity theory is that the players decide what this world will be and all the players I know came here for war.

DeletedUser

TU and BS were not at war before the upgrade so the merger has nothing to do with the "small"(?) drop in conquest. I never predicted a drop in points I predicted a drop in active fighting, however as it seems you are still right even when you are given actually facts to prove that the other person was right I find this conversation to be a pointless one. So I'll just nod and smile when you say things from now on :)

DeletedUser

You did predict that a lot of people would quit (drop in points), but you were wrong.

But we both know you could never admit to being wrong.

When there is no drop in action I'm sure you'll come up with some excuse as to why you were still right.

When I was talking about BS and TU, I meant If you truly wanted a world at war, you would have went to war with BS instead of merging. But you didn't want war, you wanted to build wonders (simcity). I wasn't afraid of going to war with TU (as you know).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It may take more than a week for players to get bored mate but the drop in action is the first step in that, I am currently trying to hang on to 2 high profile members who are thinking of leaving due to the upgrade but I guess that's not relevant as it doesn't affect cb627cb627's game.

As for the great war, perhaps 6 months ago it would have been a good battle but with the high levels of inactivity in BS and due to the fact they were in wars on all sides I doubt it would have been that interesting. Though please keep in mind it was BS who requested the merger not us, as your old council was fully aware we were ready to go to war.

DeletedUser

As for the great war, perhaps 6 months ago it would have been a good battle but with the high levels of inactivity in BS and due to the fact they were in wars on all sides I doubt it would have been that interesting. Though please keep in mind it was BS who requested the merger not us, as your old council was fully aware we were ready to go to war.

That's a joke...if you really wanted more action you would not have merged.

DeletedUser17104

That's a joke...if you really wanted more action you would not have merged.

mate u may be barking up the wrong tree on this one. if there is a person or persons most responsible for the lack of a great war from old TU it is probably me and/or valheru.ro.

but i do like the banter, without it the forums would be dead.

DeletedUser

mate u may be barking up the wrong tree on this one. if there is a person or persons most responsible for the lack of a great war from old TU it is probably me and/or valheru.ro.

Oh...I see....But I thought Murty was the leader?

DeletedUser17104

lol i knew u would say that - u underestimate my persuasiveness

Actually it is a long boring story not appropriate for the for the forums.