Write the History of Your Alliance

DeletedUser13405

Wanted to try and get the forum a bit more active...

We have Milo's Operation Herodontus that gives a good timeline, but we don't have the actual history of Beta alliances. The written history that discusses wars, why merges happened, who dissolved what etc. Lets document it as this world will soon end.

I will be writing out my alliance's history in this thread. Lets see if others want to give it a go. Who knows...maybe it leads to a bit of back and forth, which is always good!

DeletedUser

Gee...thats a tall order. Lots of alliances have a good strong long history...might take a bit of typing.

DeletedUser

I'm sure i've already seen alliance stories about somewhere....

DeletedUser

When I first joined Grepolis nearly 2 years ago I clicked Beta randomly and started an alliance going by the name of "Warriors" or "Elites", you get the picture.

Luckily for your forum I quit and joined Gamma.

DeletedUser

yeah, I started out in Beta actually and then decided that since there were already about 20 other Worlds with smaller players to leave and join another world or two. But, it would be really interesting to hear the stories about alliance. I have always wanted to know and see the actual stats for the alliance Project Venom to see how good they got, but I have never seen them yet and nobody has told me so...:(

DeletedUser345

yeah, I started out in Beta actually and then decided that since there were already about 20 other Worlds with smaller players to leave and join another world or two. But, it would be really interesting to hear the stories about alliance. I have always wanted to know and see the actual stats for the alliance Project Venom to see how good they got, but I have never seen them yet and nobody has told me so...:(

PV were on Nu besides they had nothing on Phenomen in the prime. ;)

DeletedUser12662

SILK was created to rectify what I saw as certain deficiencies in Phalanx (the alliance I started in). A constitution cannot anticipate every event, so must change with time. But a constitution that can be altered at will, is no constitution at all. It must contain the process by which it can be amended, something Phalanx lacked. The attempted coup of Nemanja, who wished to remove Sapphire Sorrows and install me in her place, convinced me a process also needed to be in place to allow senators to force a founder to abdicate. Had such a process existed in Phalanx, I believe it would have been attempted in place of the coup, and Phalanx would not have fractured. Finally, I believed Phalanx had moved away from Ingmundaro's (original founder) ideals, and I wished to return to them. Much of that drift was simple pragmatism. To be perfectly noble and honorable is usually to die a horrible death, betrayed on all sides. With none to look after, such defeat no longer bothered me.

So with none but myself at risk, I created SILK to meet these conditions. Phalanx was currently under siege by WolfPack (Virtus Phoenix reborn), so I carried that war with me into the new alliance. Despite being initially outnumbered around 16-1 in the contested oceans, SILK managed to defeat WolfPack. The method was a combination of diplomatic agreements for mutual defense, which rallied a vast network of previously unconnected players to support my cities under attack, while sending a constant barrage of tiny spies at player after player. Defending, but almost never fighting back, and always spamming the report box, SILK drove WolfPack to frustration, causing it to experience a significant increase in inactivity among its players.

Eventually, the remaining players fled into Ascension and Phoenix of Carthage. Those alliances, ignoring my warning that this was considered condoning the unprovoked aggression of my targets, and an assumption of WolfPack's diplomatic status, became enemies as well.

After poaching a couple members from Ascension, tensions rose between SILK and Wake of the Kraken, which had been battling those members. SILK and WotK have skirted around full war, and though it once appeared imminent, we now expect a return to peaceful conditions.

The war with the two powerful DH alliances is mostly a cold one, with brief flares that continue to this day. Despite its diminutive size, SILK remains the only alliance to disrupt a world wonder belonging to PoC (the alliance considered the "winner" of beta), an accomplishment the leader of SILK has now managed twice.

Lugosi

Strategos
DS would do something but we're too busy . . . making manticore models from ice lolly sticks.