Xi Xtreme News Issue #1

DeletedUser

Xtreme News Issue #1

Welcome!
Today we will cover interviews with players of some of the most known alliances,2.0 and much more we hope you enjoy reading this article!

Alliances: A player's view
We hope you enjoy our interviews, they are from random players from the biggest alliances and most of the premades, although the players aren’t leaders most of them are well known.

Darkness
Interview with ddodd01
1.Why did you choose to join this alliance?
to find out info, and leak it to other alliances, on the forums
2.How Hard was it to get into the alliance(did you need to send in a application with grepostats or just say I want to join, please explain further)?
I wanna join, and I got invite
3. Do you believe this alliance will make it endgame(with 2.0 that would be 4 wonders built)?
NEVER
4. Who to think this alliances first real war with be with, and based on that how well do think they will do?
ME,

Nemesis
Interview with PrincessLozza
Why did you choose to join this alliance?
I know Metalcore and I'm on Lambda with him. He's a great leader :) He is Metalcore!
How Hard was it to get into the alliance(did you need to send in a application with grepostats or just say i want to join,please explain further)
No I was just on the list lol we were going to go to Nu but the settings weren't that good so we've been sat waiting on skype for a decent world to come out :) However Metal is only inviting the best of the best here, it's just he knows some of us from before.
In your opinion how well do you think the fonder will do?
The fonder? ;) or the founder? If you mean Metalcore then he will be the best, he'll make sure that we are at the top of the list.
Do you believe this alliance will make it endgame(with 2.0 that would be 4 wonders built)?
Yes I think we could. We've some excellent players here and we could do well.
Who to think this alliances first real war with be with,and based on that how well do think they will do?
Well Byzantine have already declared on us. I don't know if it will happen soon but I think a war with PV and Nemesis could be quite fun, I'm not sure if the leaders have that on their plans.. but it would make an interesting world J

Circle of Shadows
Interview with Skullyhoofd
Because Toast was the first one to invite me, after him PV invited me, but toast was first so i joined his Pre-made!
How Hard was it to get into the alliance(did you need to send in a application with grepostats or just say i want to join,please explain further)
I sent my grepostats with a decent application and was accepted right away.
In your opinion how well do you think the fonder will do?
I think he'll do great! We have some experienced members who will help him whenever we can.
Do you believe this alliance will make it endgame(with 2.0 that would be 4 wonders built)?
I think we will have a serious chance yes.
Who to think this alliances first real war with be with,and based on that how well do think they will do?
I can not say this yet, it is too early too see when a real war will start.

Project Venom
Interview with Jaybog
d you choose to join this alliance?[/B]
~They offered me candy. That cart they took me to with "free candy" sign looked very suspicious with TK behind the reins.. After that I don't remember much.
~Daizan contacted me about a month ago if I want to join PV and I said yes. That was pretty much it.
In your opinion how well do you think the founder will do?
~I play with TK in Nu, so I trust him he'll do great. I don't know Daizan that well yet, but from what I've seen so far he's one of the greatest guys I've met here in Grepolis.
~No doubt about it.
-I have no idea, I only follow my orders so whoever we go in war with, I'll launch all my swords and biremes at them with no hesitation.

Shine
Interview with tyroncs
I joined Shine as I remembered I once had more points (I think) then -Achilles- In Gamma. I know also he is a good player and he co-founded Phenomenen
I sent a link to my Grepostats and even though it is not very good I have some expierience in leading and I'm an active forumer.
By fonder do you mean Founder :)? I think -Achilles- will do well as I know Phenomenen are extremely good and he has some good players too work with
We have some good competitors and most premades merge/disband etc within the first few months so I am not sure
We will probably have to war Project Venom as they are in our area (I'm sharing an island with 3 of them.) I think it would be pretty even if we did war but Shine will come top :)

Confederate States
Interview with fdmfdm
i came to this world with this alliance :)
we are the #1/2 (it changes from tiem to time) in kappa and we decided to come to XI as well :)
as im already in the alliance from the start of this world, as i came with it from another world, it was fairly easy for me to join :)
as i have seen their way of working in kappa, i can tell you that the found will bring this alliance to greatness, with a very good forum-structure, and a well leaded leader-structure.
as said above, i think this allaince will do very well, and probably will meet the end of the world, possible even competing to win the world :)
and the first war will probably be with Darkness, as it looks like a start of a MRA, and they are in our ocean, and as i think they are a MRA, i think we will win withotu all to much trouble.

~Interviews by Apoll0911​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

2.0 with the Mods
We’ve seen other newspapers cover 2.0 so we’d like to bring it the next level! Unfortunately due tp space and time we will only interview mods with the rank titan and above.

Cronus
Do you think 2.0 will affect the forums in anyway?
I think that it will affect the forums in only the normal ways. Forums will be expanded to cover the 2.0 worlds just like any other world thats created. More talk about hades will spike user usage of the forums as the new info will be processed. Maybe the newer graphics will bring in new users as it looks more professional.
In your opinion what feature will affect the game the most?
I believe the graphics changes will affect the game more. With the change in display and command controls it brings a new gameplay to it. Now its kind of reversed where you go from your city and zoom out to the ocean.. with 2.0 now your going from the ocean and zooming into your city. The farming changes that they made I think are totally awesome. No more pumping up the strength to your farms. This way with 30 cities you can farm to your hearts content.
In your opinion how will 2.0 affect current wars and world development?
I dont think it will affect much. With the introduction of Hades it will of course change somewhat as you cant rely on the timing of attacks to tell what they are as hades can hide the launch for a % of the journey.
In your opinion which 2.0 feature is the best?
farming.. definately the farming. In every world I have played I have gained 20+ cities and farming was always a pain at that level and higher. This way its a 1 time boost to get to max for your farms and it stays that way. Plus there is spiking.. spiking is awesomeness in an icecream cone. Whats spiking you say? wait for 2.0 release and find out J

Osl112
I think it will in some ways. I'm sure it will attract more users to contribute to the forum and more players to play/stay with Grepolis. 2.0 will definitely create discussions in the first instance and I'm sure they'll be a buzz.
In your opinion what feature will affect the game the most?
The new farming feature for sure. This new farming feature will seem weird at first and I think it will be interesting to see what farming patterns occur when it first comes out. That is one of my worries with the new system, the farming patterns.
Grepolis won't be the same. The attack planner brings another layer to wars, with its organisation. Everything is going to get more tactical.

The world wonders will make a massive difference as well. Instead of growth, alliances will now be aiming to dominate islands. Methods of alliance growth will change a great deal and of course, opposing alliances will want to break others strongholds. Its those who get the correct balance of prevention, growth and domination who shall be victorious at first.

Grepolis is getting a whole lot more strategic, yet easier to play?
In your opinion which 2.0 feature is the best?
I can't really choose. In all honesty, I'm not really looking forward to 2.0 so much. Yes, it is a new generation of the game but I'm so use to the old tactics and old gameplay that I don't want a significant shift. I'll get use to it though and I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more than currently; after I adapt.

However, as an answer to your question, I am really looking forward to Hades and the attack planner. It will be good, I know it!
Will you and the rest of wiki team need to rewrite most/some/a little of of the wiki?
Wiki team... hmm...

Some aspects will need to be rewritten, others just sorted. Remember though, the wiki is now mostly open for editing. So, if anyone things an article needs to be adapted, improved or added to, do it! Rewards may find their way to you...?

Betsy
Those are some rather provocative questions you have there, Apollo. I'm not entirely comfortable answering all of them.

I will tell you that I don't anticipate the Forums changing in any major way with 2.0 being released. Each new world that opens will have its own forum, just as they do now.

I do know that 2.0 will be slowly released on old worlds, so the present wars might not be as affected as you would think. If anything, it might force small alliances to join forces and create larger conglomerates.

If you'd like to ask me any other, not quite so controversial questions, I should be able to answer them.

Gordopolis
Yes. All changes made to the game affect the forum, as forum members debate, evaluate and analyze all Game related issues. With 2.0 the members will have plenty to discuss. We are making some game altering improvements such as the new farming system, the World Wonders and hero worlds, I would imagine that the forum will be very active during the first months. Beta testers have already experienced the new interface, and I am excited to see the feedback from the community once they play the new version. As a community manager I also expect the bug section of the forum to generate more entries. This however is normal, and happens with every new version. I cannot talk about the forum without praising the forum mods for their commitment and effort. They are doing a fantastic job, and the forum you love and use would not exist if it was not for them.
Have you known about 2.0 before the public?
Since I started my position in October I was informed about the new 2.0 update. In some instances I was asked for input on new features and designs, which was of course very exciting. It gave me the chance to help shape 2.0 into what it is now. Of course my contributions were very small compared to the efforts of the developers. They are working diligently to release the version as soon as possible.
I will pass you this answer on Monday.
*Note*Will be updated when de does,there will be post informing you of this J*Note*
Do you know/think there is more 2.0 than we are being told?
Of course I can only be vague about this, but 2.0 is going to be the beginning of a new system for Grepolis. We are always trying to make the game more attractive for new players but yet keep the “end-game” content for our veteran players. 2.0 is only the first step of many to cater to both categories, and I am proud to be part of it.

~Interviews by Apoll0911

(SW)(SW)Ocean+Big Alliance=WAR!!(SW)(SW)

Ocean 55.
The main fights here will be between BYZANTINE EMPIRE II,Nemesis, and The Crimson Guard Empire. BE2 and CGE have around 80 members while Nemesis follows behind with around 45 members. BE2 Have ciome over from Nu and are going great there,while Nemesis are a premade full of experienced players,and CGE has less of history,however that won't stop any of these alliances from declaring war,and making O55 one of the bloodiest:supermad:
Ocean 54.
PV the biggest and largest premade come to ocean to conquer,However shine the smallest premade will stop at nothing to control O54,the fight for 54 will be one of the best grepolis will ever see,if your in O54 get out,before you get gobbled up. That of coarse un-less your death legion, they plan to stay and fight with there lives to take down shine and PV. O54 will rise to a good ocean to watch, or play in o_O
Ocean 45
Titanus et Ares,Confederate States,what do they have in common? They both come from other server to make name for themselves and control Xi,while Blood Hounds are a premade,Ocean 45 will be a ocean to watch!
Ocean 44
Catharsis a new and un-known alliance will verse Circle of Shadows on the most controversial premades,only one will probably survive,recent posts show most players in favor of Catharsis but will CoS surprise us? Play to find out!

Comics and Games
World Puzzle-Thanks to TGT for making it :)
X B Y K F T B Q Y R R I A N Z M P A J Y
G M X A L C S V J P A J E Y X O O E E Q
F D Z U N F F V E R E W Y Z Z N R X B D
T J T Z Z D O R F E M J G Q I E T H C D
V S Y R F N O H N M G Y W P U V K M E F
W A A X W C L A C A J G V W I T N T G G
W R V O L P W S B D H X K S G C I R S H
P T T A T J C O V E U S B Q C E D B A T
A K T H H T Q A D V T N H R P J A B E H
Z E I T H U A X P J W T A R U O V K W D
M Z M A T G P E D H F J L A Q R O N T Q
A C H I L L E S R D J E E R N P X I D H
H M B A E X V N A G E N L U K S S I O Y
F W I A A M K I W G E O E J Y M T F F P
C J N T S R Z G P D Z H E M W Q O G E C
F J X W F A P P Y X E J T M E C N T K F
O R O F N L T R D C T Z Q P K S V Z H K
S W O D A H S F O S E L C R I C I R B M
S H X G Z E F K K J J A T H L V L S W R
F J E N I H S H C B K K L K O T F S D Y

ACHILLES
CIRCLESOFSHADOWS
DAIZAN
METALCORE
NEMESIS
PREMADE
PROJECTVENOM
SHINE
THEGREATTOAST
WAR
crosswordpuzzle.png

crosswordpuzzlekey.png

Warning the spoiler will show the answer
crosswordpuzzleanswer.png

DeletedUser

Comic Continued
91342215.png

----
30514035.png

----
48173186.png

-----
68238726.png

-----
40709702.png

Lets End this
So,with BP ending tomorrow the wars will explode some alliances will make a stand and conquer there oceans(s) and enemy(s),while others will crash and burn,Well keep you updated either way ;)
Credits and Disclaimers
*Thanks to the mods and players we interviewed
*Writers for this paper are Apoll0911
*Graphic artist for this newspaper is Shawnpal
*Some mods did not reply to my interview, that is why you do not see all them, and I only did titan and above…
*Xi Xtreme news is now recruiting :)

See you on the Sunday 20/2/11Ya that right from now on we doing it every two weeks

DeletedUser2663

once again brilliant. Serioulsy keep this up as it is great. I look forward to reading more

DeletedUser

-I have no idea, I only follow my orders so whoever we go in war with, I'll launch all my swords and biremes at them with no hesitation.

I just laughed at that reply, if PV starts attacking everyone with swords and biremes I don't think they will last very long as an alliance :D

//EDIT: 3d and 4th comics were funny :D

DeletedUser

Osl is not above titan...

He's just an outlier, the lonely WikiMod :p

(But don't tell him I said that :p)

DeletedUser

Awesome!
I like the interview with Skullyhoofd! :p

And the comics are simply the best! Keep this up, it's great!

DeletedUser

Masked profanity is still a violation of rules. Change the word :p

If you want good insight into 2.0, players who are currently testing the version might provide the best feedback as compared to the mods ;)

DeletedUser

If you want good insight into 2.0, players who are currently testing the version might provide the best feedback as compared to the mods ;)

Yeah... Mods know nothing :cool:

:p

DeletedUser

In other words he wants to see his name in lights :p very good though apollo, I would +rep but i have to spread it like butter :(

DeletedUser

I loved the comics so much. And no one favoured us at all, everyone though/thinks we are/will fail. Yet CoS's downfall is imminent already, although we don't have as much to do with it as we would like. However clearing every single CoS city could be contributing to it :)

DeletedUser11539

I loved the comics so much. And no one favoured us at all, everyone though/thinks we are/will fail. Yet CoS's downfall is imminent already, although we don't have as much to do with it as we would like. However clearing every single CoS city could be contributing to it

what makes you believe that COS, is imminent failure

DeletedUser

failure is imminent not an imminent failure. I have my sources , and I'm saying nothing as of yet. Or were you not good enough to get into CoS to get the message?

DeletedUser

I assume you are the friend of jarp?

btw appollo, i'm busy with the puzzles. i will solve these too! >;D