Your name/ city names/ alliance name

DeletedUser

i name my cities after the names of greek cities in iliad and odyssey. if i can't find a name there, i give it a name of some ancient emire.

DeletedUser

My cities are named after various defensive structures, centering around my first city which is named "Keep".

The names are based on geography rather than function, having a curtain wall, bastions, turrets, several ravelins, and a few mile castles.

This is a change from my last method of naming, which was to name it after the events surrounding the conquest. This became difficult as the stimuli for acquiring cities soon began to repeat itself, and without unique drama, the names of the cities began to become more and more similar until the whole point of the names, to serve as a memory of how I acquired them, began to blur and this the goal was defeated. I could only imagine what would happen if a fellow with sixty cities used this method, as it becomes unsustainable around 25.

My account name is a Norse god, I having profound contempt for Greek and Roman mythology, I considered this to be a rebellion of the prevalence of Zues, and an advocacy towards the imminent rise of Thor.

Unfortunately, enthusiasm for Thor was among the things which lead to the decapitation of Mimir, later resulting in partial reanimation by a wizard and living life as a talking, shrunken head.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't have a terribly creative naming scheme for my cities, thus far they have been named according to the phonetic alphabet (e.g. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc.). This is more a product of my time in the military than anything else, but it also helps to keep my cities organized in order of acquisition.

As per my username, it's a handle I've used since high school (for a point of reference, I graduated in 2000) that is is merely an acronym for The Artist Formerly Known as Nick (Tafkan). The X was later appended due to username conflicts. Thus we have TafkanX. Exciting, I know.