Grepolis 2.0 New farming system! Discussion

DeletedUser

Sig the way I read it, the troops occupying the farming village will only affect the rate of mood dropping- so far nothing seems to indicate that individual troops have anything to do with the rate of resource production.

And yes he definitely said the troops can't be called back.

DeletedUser

Oh yeah!!! I have all cities except 2 that are the only ones on a farm villa!! Will be awesome! It is like, monopoly!

DeletedUser

A further clarifiacation was given by the CM over in the German Forum. Once you have sent your troops there, they cannot be recalled. They are stationed there permanently, unless killed off by the villagers in an uprising against you.

@123KOAN: For following is for illustrative puposes only, not actual numbers. If you station 1 swordsman in the village you will get 1 point of wood sent to your city every so often. 2 swordsman will get you 2 points of wood and so on. This can be modified by upgrading the village so that those same 2 swordsman will now send 4 points of wood, presuming you have built your Senate up to a high enough level.

Permanently??! What about mythicals?

DeletedUser

What of them? Troops are troops, and I'd imagine that they'd be stuck as well. More details will come, I'm sure.

However, regarding this new system, I'm doubtful.

DeletedUser

Aurave is correct that the number of troops keeps the mood from dropping quickly. I should never answer when answering a question. Yes, the troops will count against your farm spaces.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great idea, let's hope it's as good as it sounds and that your not just exaggerating ;)

DeletedUser

I didn't really read all the comments but I can say that you are upgrading the last think that needed it ... at least change the farm so it can give like 50% more pop otherwise this new system will suck big time :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13436

How will it affect trade with farming villages? If it willeffect that at all.

DeletedUser

this looks awesome, you could have your hera (rescources)cities with tons of troops in it's villages and get tons of rescources quickly.

DeletedUser944

WOW!

I like it! This will give new boost to the game!

Will it be implemented on all worlds?

DeletedUser

Once you have sent your troops there, they cannot be recalled. They are stationed there permanently, unless killed off by the villagers in an uprising against you.

@123KOAN: For following is for illustrative puposes only, not actual numbers. If you station 1 swordsman in 3 villages you will get 1 point of wood sent to your city every so often from those villages. 2 swordsman will keep the mood from dropping rapidly. This can be modified by upgrading the village so that those same 3 villages will now send 2 points of wood, presuming you have built your Senate up to a high enough level to occupy 3 villages.

Looks like another big failure for me ... You will cut abilities of newbeews to defend themselves (their pop will be stationed in farm. villages) and force semi-agressive players to attack other players to get their resources without need to block pop in farming villages. Which will make farming villages totaly useless for agressive players.

And what with initial 6 swords? Now you use them to farm all farms with good mood on your island and in this system I barry them in the nearest vill and can forget about them for good. Though they still take pop.

DeletedUser

A further clarifiacation was given by the CM over in the German Forum. Once you have sent your troops there, they cannot be recalled. They are stationed there permanently, unless killed off by the villagers in an uprising against you.

@123KOAN: For following is for illustrative puposes only, not actual numbers. If you station 1 swordsman in 3 villages you will get 1 point of wood sent to your city every so often from those villages. 2 swordsman will keep the mood from dropping rapidly. This can be modified by upgrading the village so that those same 3 villages will now send 2 points of wood, presuming you have built your Senate up to a high enough level to occupy 3 villages.

That seems so stupid, you send troops there until they die? .

Aicy

Strategos
Aurave is correct that the number of troops keeps the mood from dropping quickly. I should never answer when answering a question. Yes, the troops will count against your farm spaces.

Thank God, I got worried there.

If one troop equals 1 resource that'd mean you would need 48k troops in these farming villages... When the max in a city is about 3k.

Either way I don't like it.

DeletedUser2663

how much troops will it take to effectively farm these villages with the new system? it better be small else i can see this new system being alot worse now. i dont relish the idea of having even less farm space for doing something i can already do.

DeletedUser

Thank God, I got worried there.

If one troop equals 1 resource that'd mean you would need 48k troops in these farming villages... When the max in a city is about 3k.

Either way I don't like it.

So is there a fundemental flaw with the idea?

DeletedUser8362

yes, the farm space issue sucks. I'll have to redo my troops for it if i ecide to farm. but it will even things out a bit imo. Ie, if you farm you will have less troops but can rebuild faster. If you dont farm you will have more troops, but will take longer to rebuild. for big players, they usually dont use much defence. I send resources from my defence cities to my attack cities, as they take longer to build.

Also, how many troops do you need to make the current full farm. right now, we can get 2k of each resource from each village. How many units would you need to get the 2k resources from the village?

DeletedUser

Why is everyone worried about losing population over this?
Everyone will lose the same amount of population for farming the villages effectively.
It is just a matter of deciding if you would rather have a high income of rescources or be able to keep more troops in your city.
For example: We all get somewhat annoyed having to choose what techs to research or choosing to put your pop towards buildings or troops but it adds strategy to the game and everyone has to find the best way to be the most effective:pro:.

Like the new idea, do we know when it will be put into effect?