Grepolis 2.0 New farming system! Discussion

DeletedUser

In ancient Greece it was only the very wealthy that were usually taxed. There were exceptions, but not many. Typically taxes were only imposed during times of great need. When not at war, taxes could consist of volunteer service to the city-state, or the donation of items required by the city. Various cities had different standards they taxed by, some taxed on the number of slaves owned, some by family size, others by the number of fireplaces.

DeletedUser809

Well from what I've heard this sounds like a much better system. Since the troop numbers only affect the rate of mood dropping and not the amount of resources being shipped it should work well.

If I understand correctly then there will be a regular flow or resources (hourly?) from every farm village you have occupied. There are researches that can improve this amount and if all you ever do is just receive this then the mood will stay at 100% forever. So basically that's an additional source of resources for everyone over and above what we get now from farming.

On top of this base we can demand additional resources which will drop the mood of the village in much the same system we have now except we don't have to send out troops and strengthening etc etc which is what makes the current system so absurdly tedious, especially when you get to having even a medium number of cities. Instead you send the troops once and then it's just a click of the button whenever you want to farm those additional resource. To my mind that is world's better than what we have now.

As for the effect on population I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal. They have clearly designed this both to make it easier to farm (like now I can spend 90% of my time playing the game instead of just sending out farming and strengthening runs) and to have the farms give even more income than before. So the advantages of having farms and having that double source of additional resources is probably going to lead a large majority of players to occupy the maximum number of farms on every island and be able to demand as many resources as possible. If the pop cost is too high to occupy them all then having multiple cities on one island would have some real advantages over what we have now.

It also sounds like if you and your alliance occupy farms on the same island there will be a bonus to every alliance member's resource income over and above what they would have gotten if they were the only member occupying farm villages on the island. That's a great encouragement in combination with the wonders for a much higher concentration of polises.

Will this make simming easier? Of course and that's a good good thing for those of us who like to play aggressively. More simmers, turtling up and building more troops with those extra resources means more easy bp and quicker expansion. It also means once you have a village cleared and a player goes inactive you'll be able to farm a fair bit more resources than before.

Sure in the early part of the game it will be a little less intense since you won't be sitting there waiting for you six swords to return for the millionth time to be sent out again. My only advice to the devs is shorten beginner protection significantly with this new system. Once people have their barracks they're gonna want to do something other than watch the resources come in. Personally, I'd like to see a world where there was no beginner protection and just all out war from the get go.

DeletedUser13436

I didn't really read all the comments but I can say that you are upgrading the last think that needed it ... at least change the farm so it can give like 50% more pop otherwise this new system will suck big time :)
You may not get the troops back but you CAN GET THE FARM SPACES BACK. Just ask for too many shipments and as mentioned the villagers will start killing your troops when the mood drops too low.
This will need a level 30 senate though I think to ocupy the maximum number of farming villages. That will take many farm spaces itself.

DeletedUser

You may not get the troops back but you CAN GET THE FARM SPACES BACK. Just ask for too many shipments and as mentioned the villagers will start killing your troops when the mood drops too low.

Someone already found a strategy to overcome the population problem.

I hate farming in this game. It’s tedious, boring and ridicules. Possibly because I am lazy, but it doesn’t matter, I stopped enjoying the game and left. And so did a lot of other players.

You can't spend a day at the office, just to come home to spend the rest of your life farming.

If you loose out on population because of stationed troop so what? You will build quicker because you have more resources. You also have an alliance to help you out when you are in the crap.

You can also setup attacking cities on the frontline with higher number of active fighting troops and feed them from the back with defensive cities who's secondary purpose can be to act as supply lines. Typically lots of players have more defensive cities than offensive – depending on their situation in the game.

I definately favor this change and the others, looking forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Love it

I love this idea. I've played a few MMORPG's and every one including grepolis hasn't hit the mark for me. I've only been playing for a few weeks
[still 1 city :heh: ] and I'm already finding it quite limiting and time consuming. But this addition!! a very intriguing possibility, bringing a tactical element to the game that will undoubtedly prove fun, rewarding and above all REWARDING!! I look forward to watching the alliance wars that will trigger with glee
[and maybe taking part in a few too :cool: ].

DeletedUser

Does this mean that if we moved our city on to a island with no farming villages we'll get some?

DeletedUser1405

Going back to the farming discussion,
If im reading right a player can take control of a farming village, doesnt this help the Turtles who have taken all the villages on their main island, correct me if im wrong.
Secondly does this also meand that once i have control of a farm that no one else can get resources unless i let them.
I can stack a farm with a large block of troops and watch the resources flow in. Please correct me if im wrong as their is a simple strategy coming to mind already.

DeletedUser

From the way I understand it, multiple people will be able to station troops in a farming village. So I don't think anyone will be able to own it.

DeletedUser1405

Thats all good then, so the more troops you station there the more better the supply of resources, and the slower the mood goes down.

DeletedUser

The troops stationed in a village only affect the mood of the village. Once you have troops stationed there, you will begin receiving resources. You will be able to increase the amount of resources by upgrading the village.

DeletedUser13716

I just got my third city in Kappa, and it is getting a bit tedious to farm, but I like the current format. I think the new system will take getting used to, bu will overall be a small bit better.

DeletedUser

I just got my third city in Kappa, and it is getting a bit tedious to farm, but I like the current format. I think the new system will take getting used to, bu will overall be a small bit better.

try it when you have 10+ cities.

DeletedUser

I can't wait for this either! This is the best game EVER!!!!!!

DeletedUser1405

Try farming with 30+ cities it gets very tedious, wish we could have a shortcut.

DeletedUser

This sounds sweet! I hate having to farm, and this will make it less of a duty and more of a fire-and-forget-and-earn!!! (f)

DeletedUser

I know what you mean by multiple cities. Even 5-10 gets difficult, and I usally don't even bother