Player Spies. Your thoughts?

DeletedUser

Firstly a brief explanation for our newer friends in Grepolis that might not know about Player Spies.
Not to be confused with a Spy you send to another city in the game of course, a Player Spy is a person willing to pretend to be a good member of you're alliance while they are actually passing forum data to another alliance most typically an enemy.
They are usually recruited by another alliance from within your ranks or outside and asked to gain membership with you.
albano90shameshisalliance.jpg
cheats.jpg
I made this post to gauge the opinions of the wider Grepolis and Zeta community on the subject of player spies and the kind of people that try to plant them in other alliances.

What do you think of players willing to spy on an alliance?

What do you think of Alliances & alliance leaders that attempt to plant player spies?

Please share advice for others on ways to prevent their alliance being infiltrated (SW)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think players willing to Spy for another alliance are tools. I dont like two faced and fake people in RL and the same goes for my gaming.

I think leaders that attempt to plant spies are just the worst kind of player in any kind of game. real scum. Resorting to cheating their way to getting an advantage when they cant gain the upper hand through fair and honest gameplay.

and my advice to prevent this,
vet recruits carefully and research their game history. be cautious of players that wont communicate (guilt?) with the rest of your alliance.

looking forwards to hearing more opinions particularly from other alliance leaders.

DeletedUser

albano90 today at 2:53 PM
if u have any member u want to save after the war tell me .cause spartiates will soon go down !
and i like haveing good players in my allince!
just keep me informed
Cemiyet today at 2:50 PM
I can not decide for members. But I wrote zordas ans Anuska. They will deceide about member.
I hope that we play together.
albano90 today at 2:39 PM
but what i could possibilly do in spartiates?
i mean u can play as a spy until we win against spartiates and nobody of LS boys will attack u anymore
Cemiyet today at 2:28 PM
I think that you can join us, when I can play with you. You can talk with Anuska. She is a Officier.
albano90 today at 2:23 PM
why dont u play for me?

:D :D :D :D :D don't talk to much

DeletedUser

zordas u mustn't talk about spies . when I post in shared forum with NSPG and asked support . ur alliance member immediately sent msg to me that I'm begging for support :)

DeletedUser

We have many friends in NSPG. that dont like you or support being sent to you against us. but no spies of any kind as your lack of evidence demonstrates beautifully
the leaders of NSPG know us very well indeed. with mutual respect.
And they might not be so happy about you exposing their diplomacy (close enough to share a forum) on open forums(?)
this topic aint gonna be made about you dambo... and this is the only reply you'll get from me here.
There is nothing but embarrassment for Lost boys here in this topic fella.... do yourself a favor and stay out of it now.

oh, and you can go check the game rules about account sitting if you are gonna run your mouth at me sunshine
explainthisonedambo.jpg

ignore the troll and share your thoughts on the topic subject please folks =)

DeletedUser

its not account sitting lol . its albano's friend :) who take albano's account . so :) what diplomacy u can see their allies in their profile they rn't hiding it and I asked them why they rn't hiding it .

and it was their answer :)

Mate, I've always liked showing them who we support and who supports us?

:) so

DeletedUser

Dambo you again?:D

Well after this post LB shouldn't be so arrogant like you are...One thing is clear.Your post where you present the "real conversation" still doesn't tells us anything.Even if it does it could have been changed since there is no proof that those people wrote that...I prefer believing to screeshot...:p

DeletedUser

iwko?
Have you got opinions and advice to share on the subject of this topic ?
I'd be interested as I'm sure others would.

(please help keep this on topic?) =)

DeletedUser

haha I'm not going to make screenshot . I post it and zordas knows that it truth what I posted . also I think that spies r b.t....s :) I think I will take ban for this :) also as I know my alliance haven't got spies in any alliance . lot of alliances r using spies . f.c. all spies :)

DeletedUser

Pretty controversial subject and I'm not even sure what my personal opinion is.

I guess it is just another face to the game. People are always trying to get an advantage over the other and it's something we need to deal with. It has happened, does happen and will continue to happen and that's something we need to learn to accept.

It is up to alliance leaders to recruit with care and scrutiny and perhaps less the fault of the spies and those who plant them there... it is after all human nature to want to beat your enemy.

The is also another side to this. We must be perhaps into the 9th month of this server. By this time there will be friends that reside in different alliances. Sometimes delicate information is shared that perhaps should be best kept behind close doors.

Some people may think it's sad that the game has fallen to this level. However I think that it brings a new angle to them game and something for us to all talk about. :)

DeletedUser

`Player spies are useful like for example when you are in war, a player spy could report you about all their attacks, how they are attacking, what is their tactic so you prepare yourself.
`But having a player spy in an alliance that means no harm to you or you are not in ~War~ with that alliance just seems ridiculous.
`On the other hand, answers of Hads' questions :
First : A player that is willing to spy his own alliance, whether he likes it or not, is a betrayer after all. But a member could choose to spy if his alliance is being attacked by one other powerful alliance, and then if any conquer would be made to the alliance, he would easily save himself and join the other powerful alliance.
Second : Well, a player spy would be useful after all, so I do not think that planting a player spy into an enemy alliance is a bad idea after all. Player spies would be very useful to whole alliances, so yeah, if the leaders think that they cannot win the enemy alliance, they should try planting a player spy.

DeletedUser10984

I don't think many players want to be spies but they see it as a way to save themselves.

DeletedUser

for me its unhonored when u r playing with spies . I don't use them and I don't like that players who want to be spies .

Maybe you should mention this to your alliance members ;)

This discussion started by giving Lost Boys as an example to begin with! LOL

I personally find these tactics dishonorable and not worthy of being a part of Grepolis. This is a game after all and doesn't need to be tainted by such things. I believe this game would be more enjoyable if we could all use it as an escape from real world issues instead of a place to dump them... ideal much? maybe! ;) haha

DeletedUser

iwko?
Have you got opinions and advice to share on the subject of this topic ?
I'd be interested as I'm sure others would.

(please help keep this on topic?) =)

In the matter fact I have...I would have to agree with Hads.His thoughts were pretty much reasonable.Since 'real person' has become so often recently the sooner we deal with it is the best.If you believe you have a spy try to find out who it is...Almost every alliance uses info they get from friend and relatives that play here as well.It is part of the game now.

Leaders or recruiters who do the recruiting should try to make recruitment process very selective and players that are suspicious should be checked in many ways...Also important info should be kept just for those that are trusted.;)

Also there are ways to catch your spy :) Like we did recently but I think some of the people here know that already ;)
:pro::pro::pro:

DeletedUser

In the matter fact I have...I would have to agree with Hads.His thoughts were pretty much reasonable.Since 'real person' has become so often recently the sooner we deal with it is the best.If you believe you have a spy try to find out who it is...Almost every alliance uses info they get from friend and relatives that play here as well.It is part of the game now.

Leaders or recruiters who do the recruiting should try to make recruitment process very selective and players that are suspicious should be checked in many ways...Also important info should be kept just for those that are trusted.;)

Also there are ways to catch your spy :) Like we did recently but I think some of the people here know that already ;)
:pro::pro::pro:

Feel like sharing your wisdom with the rest of us? I think all of us out there would like to know what other safeguards apart from a strenuous recruiting system of course can keep out spies or identify them.

Any tips? :)

DeletedUser

Well spies have specific behavior and all you need to do is look for sign of their activity...;)

There are many things that indicate the person who is a spy.And when you find too many indicators that make the person suspicious then you check her out and confirm.Then rim! ;) :pro:

DeletedUser

Well spies have specific behavior and all you need to do is look for sign of their activity...;)

There are many things that indicate the person who is a spy.And when you find too many indicators that make the person suspicious then you check her out and confirm.Then rim! ;) :pro:

especially when they are scared and over secured

DeletedUser

Hmm 2 months ago i would have said spies have no place in this game and are cheap. But.. now my opinion has completely changed. Spies are a crucial part of the game, sometimes replacing the physiological impact when an alliance loses a well defended city.
I have personally been in a team where we had a spy in our ranks.. it can have a very crippling effect. To know someone is against you but you cannot pick them out really sucks. It makes teammates start to question each other and for some to completely isolate themselves from the forums.

It is not hard to overcome those challenges though, just takes a bit of adaptation. Spies in your alliance can be beneficial if you are smart ;)

DeletedUser

Hmm 2 months ago i would have said spies have no place in this game and are cheap. But.. now my opinion has completely changed. Spies are a crucial part of the game, sometimes replacing the physiological impact when an alliance loses a well defended city.
I have personally been in a team where we had a spy in our ranks.. it can have a very crippling effect. To know someone is against you but you cannot pick them out really sucks. It makes teammates start to question each other and for some to completely isolate themselves from the forums.

It is not hard to overcome those challenges though, just takes a bit of adaptation. Spies in your alliance can be beneficial if you are smart ;)

You're right raiders. Spies in one's alliance can be very detrimental to moral and loyalty. They can also provide great insight about your enemies plans against you. However, our argument is that it is morally wrong and gives a unearned advantage that doesn't depict one's skill or intellect, but deception. A quality not highly valued.

A battle won head on is more respected than a battle won through deception.