There we have it people

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Spartans did use the phalanx, but only after the athenians battled on Marathon (sparta wasnt there, they called in sick) and defeated the persian force of 6400 with only 192 deaths. after that, the rest of greece used the Phalanx, but it is specificly Athenian.

Spartans were drafted warriors with a king for war leadership. not 10 Athenian Generals with willing voulenteer troops.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
True the Phalanx is technically called a "hoplite phalanx" due to the type of equipment and soldiers the Athenians used at Marathon. The funny aspect is that the Athenian Hoplites ran back to Athens, 26.1 miles or so, in a short period of time but in grepolis the hoplites are stupid slow

DeletedUser

acctually, only one man ran, his name meant "spare the horse" he burst into athens yelled "we have won" and dropped dead.

hoplites were stupid slow

DeletedUser

they quit acctually, the persians retreated and left until Xerxes inherited the throne from his father Darius 1. xerxes advisors urged him to invade greece again, this time they skipped athens and went through thrace. they fought their way to therpopolye where they fought 500 thraceians, 301 spartans, 400 corinthians, and 200 thebians. Leonidas commanded them all at thermopolye, he saw defeat and ordered retreat except for his personal guard of 300 spartains. he held the pass for a day until the persians found another way around...

Thermopolye means "hot baths" Heracles is said to have jumped in them when his wife accidentaly poisined him with the blood of the centaur nesseus and hydra blood.

DeletedUser345

Not really on-topic but is anyone elses grepolis lagging majorly? I cant log in and im worried my rank is falling.

DeletedUser345

Check the announcements section of the forum, I think what the problem is has been posted there

Bloody pisses me off! It effects some people and not others, fair much. I lost farming time and two important barracks levels for academy gone. Slipping down the rankings in a desperate attempt to catch up I take a risk and lose my farming force. Brilliant I pay money into the game and you repay me like this?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Achilles, this is a game. Calm down, have a beer, or in my case a sea breeze, they are just so tasty. But I digress, stuff happens and we can't fix it. You're a good player so the down time today won't seem like anything in a week

DeletedUser345

Achilles, this is a game. Calm down, have a beer, or in my case a sea breeze, they are just so tasty. But I digress, stuff happens and we can't fix it. You're a good player so the down time today won't seem like anything in a week

Twill I have limited access the next two days so I will drop anyway and now to tops it i have lost my farming force that is what annoys me most. But toucan you are right I have my little rages.

DeletedUser

Yup, yup. You are good Achilles, until i stab your foot but apart from that. It's only minor and you can recover in no time at all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.