Rate the Alliances

DeletedUser

Explanation of Opinion

What? Do you even know what happened?

This will probably get me in trouble for straying off topic. But since you asked the question here and within the game. I will make it quite clear to the public how it works.

I put down a phrase behind alliances with my opinion. Sometimes they are very vague/confusing (yours was apparently). Message me instead of publicly declaring that I had no clue. Remember eGod, I've been around a block a few times and I have a good memory. :)

I will break my confusing statement up.

"Revived, can much else be said after their once leader kicked then rejoined the party again?"

Revived = Reborn. Basically means this alliance disbanded then reformed with a lot of the former members. Hm. Or am I dead wrong?

once leader kicked = Their leader quit, who still plays. (basically returned after a months for whatever reasons) Or am I dead wrong?

rejoined the party again = The leader returned to the same alliance, and was put into leadership again. Or am I dead wrong?

I didn't feel like writing all those sentences at that time, but since I had to explain my statement I did. The only thing I left out vaguely was who did the disbandment. That one I was positive it was whoever you left in charge, but wasn't 100% sure. So I left it out. There is just a lot of metaphors within my statements. I'll probably do it again. Next time before explaining yourself, I advise asking the question without explaining yourself to see how intelligent the person who commented is. Because now you have to ask yourself. "Did Otis really know all those facts or did I just spoon fed him?" The answer is, I knew majority of the facts, but you don't need to take my word, you can always say you spoon fed and I made it fit what I put down. ;)

Or better yet, ask our good friend (Sebastian, you might know him by another Grepolis name... Not sure what you call him) who you know and I know mutually and have respect for that individual.

DeletedUser

I assumed you did not know since you worded it as if I kicked my members out. Which is far from the truth. It was the leader that was left in charge after I quit.

I just don't want people thinking that I was the one kicking members. That is why I called it out in public.

DeletedUser

Back into the ratings then.

1 SYNERGY ~> 7/10 Have had little contact but They've had a huge rise, and i've heard they are cutting the fat soon, so there may be good things coming.
2 Phenomen ~> 8/10 They were top of the table, they are the reason SYNERGY formed. Props to everyone's favourite enemy ^^
3 Xmortis ~> 6/10 I've seen some cities about but haven't heard that much...besides that they are at war with Synergy too....
4 Dark Judgement ~> 3/10. Okay, i hated the last leader and they had a huge crash. Looking forward to seeing what Redneck does with the place.
5 Titanus et Ares ~> 6/10 Leaders of Harbingers, but they are spreading themselves too thin
6 Molon Labe ~> 8/10 Respectable leader, seem like a good organised alliance
7 United Aegean Empire ~> 3/10 what a fail. No more needs to be said.
8 StoneCutters ~> 9/10 Awesome leadership, Great friends (no bias at all)
9 Children of the Hydra ~> 7/10 Still there, haven't heard much from them lately
10 Phalanx ~> 10/10 Like this wasn't predicted, i love my Phalanx ^^
11 Phoenix of Carthage ~> 6/10 What dealings i have had have been half and half but at least they have reason.
12 South East Syndicate ~> 5/10 Haven't had anything to do with them, but don't dislike them ^^ Putting them in the middle for now.

DeletedUser

1. Synergy - 7.5/10 From what I've heard they aren't half bad.
2. Phenomen - 8/10 Have the utmost respect for these guys, I hope they do not soil it.
3. Xmortis - 6/10 Personal grudge. Don't ask. If you know, don't say.
4. Dark Judgement - Refuse to rate, since it's my alliance.
5. Titanus et Ares - 5/10 While I respect several of the players, they have far too much fat.
6. Molon Labe - 8/10 What Sapphire said.
7. United Aegean Empire - 2/10 Was never a fan.
8. StoneCutters - 7/10 A very worthy opponent.
9. Children of the Hydra - 6/10 I don't know enough to give a truly accurate rating.
10. Phalanx - 7/10 I still hate sceeth for killing my light ships :p
11. Pheonix of Carthage - 7/10 Very skilled and active.
12. SES - 8/10 I'm not crossing them.

DeletedUser

2 Phenomen ~> 8/10 They were top of the table, they are the reason SYNERGY formed. Props to everyone's favourite enemy ^^

1. SYNERGY formed because UAE fell apart, and several members of other alliances saw an opportunity to join the new big alliance (SYN).

2. Enemy? We're not mean. We're just...aggressively...friendly. We want you to join the party, and if you don't join the party, we'll take your cities...so they can join the party.

:)

DeletedUser

It means I respect you and believe you to be a strong alliance. It also means I only had 30 seconds to put something down :D

DeletedUser

Another dead topic. Might as revive this one as well. Rate the top 12 alliances, or comment on how you feel about them.

1 Phenomen - Will be interesting to see what happens to this alliance. Will they disband, or fall to the whims of the DH Coalation? Or will Thor be able to pull something out and make them win this world war. Atm though, I think this alliance isn't really #1 in Beta, instead more 5th or 6th for their lack of organization and fighting.

2 Pheonix of Carthage - A very strong alliance, and I really believe this is one of the top 4 alliances.

3 Xmortis - This alliance has been in one of the top 5 slots for it seems like forever to my memory. They play the number game probably the best. But in all honestly, I can't see them lasting until the world crumbles espiecally after what old leadership did.

4 Molon Labe - This alliance is another strong alliance. This is one of the few alliances I can say with confidence have earned the top 4 alliances.

5 Phalanx - In my opinion, this alliance is trying to do what Xmortis is doing. Play the number game. However, their not as successful at it. This alliance could be a force to be reckoned with if they ever stop fighting alliances that are constantly in the top 12. They are always at war with at least one major top 12 alliance. Even though they are holding their ranking pretty well, if they got a chance of rest and regroup to redraw their fighting techniques, I think this alliance could be problems for many of the smaller alliances.

6 StoneCutters - Very aggressive alliance. Strong players. However, the true question is can their ethics make this alliance last to the end? Hard to say. This alliance should be ranked above #6 slot though in my opinion.

7 The Flying VP - My only comment is...

8 Wake of the Kraken - I don't know much about these guys to be honest. No Comment.

9 Dark Judgement - An alliance that I can't say I know what their next move is. Their holding strong for what they do. They have the #1 player in the game. However, what I've seen, their judgement has been mostly neutral instead of dark. ;) i think their main purpose is to survive and they are just doing that. Rank means very little to this alliance.

10 Oceanus - An alliance that formed out of the folds of Xmortis. Where their located is just like Xmortis however just reformed a bit. It will be interesting to see if this alliance got the best players from Xmortis, or if Xmortis was able to hold onto them. Also from what I've seen, Xmortis became Oceanus' Academy/Sister Alliance which is very rare to see. In my opinion, they should have remained within Xmortis.

The following two alliances I have recently commented about earlier. So I will just copy and paste.

11 South East Syndicate -A good alliance, remarkable skilled players, and should be already in the top 10 alliances. In fact, I think they are one of the true top 4 alliances. (the other 3 are already in the top 10, however not all of them hold the top 4 positions, I think only 2 do)

12 The Forgotten Legion - I've seen these guys around before, but don't know much about them. If they are really at war with X/O, then they have my respect. Challenging one of the top 10 alliances (or now it is two alliances), is challenge that very few alliances to ever do.

DeletedUser12662

"5 Phalanx - In my opinion, this alliance is trying to do what Xmortis is doing. Play the number game. However, their not as successful at it. This alliance could be a force to be reckoned with if they ever stop fighting alliances that are constantly in the top 12. They are always at war with at least one major top 12 alliance. Even though they are holding their ranking pretty well, if they got a chance of rest and regroup to redraw their fighting techniques, I think this alliance could be problems for many of the smaller alliances."

Someone outside the alliance giving phalanx credit for... anything? My sources inform me Hell hath not frozen over. Otis, you feeling okay?

1. Pheno- underrated. The common sentiment seems to be that because they've proven less than invincible they must be incompetent. Whatever their methods, they got to number 1 and have held the position for a reasonable time. Losing ground to the alliances arrayed against them proves they're less than perfect. Nothing more. There should have been no surprise in that, and no shame attached.

2. PoC - I know many of their players. The only alliance I fear to tangle with. Enough said.

3/10. Xmort/Oceanus - Depends how closely they stick together. Combined, a contender for the top spot, particularly as they don't stand out in the rankings the way a single alliance of 25 million points would. Apart, two alliances with potential. I've had no dealings with these new forms and can't reasonably predict where they'll go.

4. ML - No personal dealings, but stats and maps suggest a solid group that isn't going anywhere. Their limited numbers cap their rise in rankings though. As skilled as they may be, 32 players can only hold so many cities at once and can only grow so fast.

5. Phalanx - Another routinely underrated. Superficially resembles an MRA and has been called "the worst of them". Has resulted from attempting to balance the founding ethics with reasonable considerations of just how many members we can expect to help. If I may risk injecting a little biasm*, contains some peaceful members for whom battle stats give but the slightest hint of their inhuman skill and strategic brilliance.

6. SC - It would be easy to dismiss them as drunken braggarts too inebriated to find the keyboard, but that would be falling into the common trap which they seem to encourage. There appears to be a large pool of collective talent among their top members. The question is, can that pool counter their aggressive leadership style which promotes reckless wars at the expense of their smaller players? Or will their self-serving behavior ultimately dry up recruitment and doom their lower ranks, leaving the remaining players outgunned by the enemies they've accumulated? So far no one has proven invincible and I wouldn't predict an exception here.

7. VP - Sadly, I was too slow to really test them personally, but stats suggest they know what they're doing. As long as they're aligned with PoC, it would be a major feat to check their rise.

8. Wake of the Kracken - I know nothing of them. Wish it wasn't so, but they've charged right up through my blind spot.

9. DJ - Have to agree with the sentiment they're playing to survive, and doing it well. The old leadership spontaneously decided to go after Phalanx, directly resulting in the bloated ego I must now constantly toil to maintain. I originally thought ill of redneck woman, but later learned her tone towards me was the result of incorrect or untruthful communications received from SC. Since then they've appeared honorable and trustworthy, which ought to go a long way towards helping them maintain neutrality if that's what they really wish.

11. SES - no personal dealings, but everywhere I hear good things. Either they have the best publicity people in grepolis, or that praise is based on truth.

12. The Forgotten Legion - another that I have little or no knowledge of, and will have to watch more closely in the future.

DeletedUser

1. Synergy - 7.5/10 From what I've heard they aren't half bad.
2. Phenomen - 8/10 Have the utmost respect for these guys, I hope they do not soil it.
3. Xmortis - 6/10 Personal grudge. Don't ask. If you know, don't say.
4. Dark Judgement - Refuse to rate, since it's my alliance.
5. Titanus et Ares - 5/10 While I respect several of the players, they have far too much fat.
6. Molon Labe - 8/10 What Sapphire said.
7. United Aegean Empire - 2/10 Was never a fan.
8. StoneCutters - 7/10 A very worthy opponent.
9. Children of the Hydra - 6/10 I don't know enough to give a truly accurate rating.
10. Phalanx - 7/10 I still hate sceeth for killing my light ships :p
11. Pheonix of Carthage - 7/10 Very skilled and active.
12. SES - 8/10 I'm not crossing them.

Ah, heh, I remember rushing this, and I remember doing a long-ish one somewhere too. I think I'm going to go look for the long one.

Don't revive this thread too, one rating thread is good enough ;)

Heh, opinions sure can change. Mine certainly have since that post long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. Phenomen- 9/10Strong alliance holding out very well IMO against all the alliances coming for them. I respect these guys
2. Phoenix of Carthage- 7/10No real personal dealing with them but from what i see on grepostats they are rising even higher slowly.
3. Xmortis- 7/10No personal dealing but after a large dip in points they have climbed back up. They have a strong offensive and strong defensive too.
4. Molon Labe- 9/10 only 34 members and in rank 4 thats incredibly impressive i personally dont really see them climbing much higher without becoming a bit more agressive or without getting a few mor members.
5. Phalanx- 7/10 Bumpy ride but rising at a average pace. Cant see them taking over Molon Labe's position anytime soon but if they stick around for long enough i can see them hitting top 3
6. Stone Cutters- 6/10Personally cant stand them but they are determined to stick around and rise up the ladder ill give them that much credit.
7. The Virtous Pheonix- 6/10 A fairly good alliance they have a decent defence for their rank and a good offense for their ranking. No real personal dealing with the alliance.
8. Wake of the Kraken- 5/10 No personal dealing but they have had a huge spike in points in the last month. they must be doing something right.
9. Oceanus- 7/10 Having a bumpy ride in terms of points and for their ranking the offensive and defensive rank is rather shocking. Doing good for a small member base though
10. Dark Judgement- 9/10 Great since Redneck took over their ranking is excellent for offensive and defensive aswell as overall kill rating.
11. South East Syndicate- 8/10 Another small member base that is showing alot of talent in skill to be sitting up in the top twelve. Obviously good at what they do
12. The Forgotten Legion- 5/10 Never really heard of them they seem to be climbing in points slowly though

DeletedUser

Points are not all that matter
And you cannot stand SC?
not good
at all

DeletedUser

Lol it is just my personal opinion on the alliances that really is it. i am aware that points are not all that matter but statistcs do if a alliance has great offensive ranking you wouldnt want to rush headlong into war with them.

DeletedUser14909

Lol it is just my personal opinion on the alliances that really is it. i am aware that points are not all that matter but statistcs do if a alliance has great offensive ranking you wouldnt want to rush headlong into war with them.

Not always the case though, depends on when it was accumulated. Evidenced by the fact TeA and AoA are still top 10 and I doubt many would view these as a threat these days. Also Oceanus's offence/defence rating is 'shocking' because they only formed a few weeks ago

DeletedUser

Ill be the next one then :p

1. Phenomen- 8/10- good alliance, elite and strong. Not sure how much longer they will last as 2 of their good players have either gone inactive or left
2. Phoenix of Carthage- 6/10 seem to have alliances with many of the top alliances, not seen them around much but their reputation is good
3. Xmortis- 5/10 some good elite players but I think they are still too much of an MRA to be a great alliance
4. Molon Labe- 10/10 excellent alliance, many amazing players (top 10) can see them being one of the best alliances easily
5. Phalanx- 4/10 Good alliance (my old one) many active players but also too many inactives to pose a major threat to the top group, if it comes to a war with a decent alliance I can imagine they come off worse
6. Stone Cutters- 7/10- from what I have heard a good alliance, lost a great player to pheno, not sure how that will hit them.
7. The Virtus Pheonix- 8/10 good alliance, strong players and eager to win, not sure what will happen later though
8. Wake of the Kraken- 8/10 received all the former Aetolian League players all very good, small concentrated area, see what happens when they branch out
9. Oceanus- 7/10- cant rank these well as I have not heard a great deal on them, some good strong players though, one to watch out for
10. Dark Judgement- 8/10 number 1 player in Beta is cranking up their points, many other good players, would love to see them in action ;)
11. South East Syndicate- 10/10- my personal favorite alliance, strong and here to stay, dont mess with them ;P
12. The Forgotten Legion- 5/10- not sure how they will last

DeletedUser345

Well i thought a might...

1) Phenomen - Can't comment.

2) Pheonix of Carthage - 1/10 If you can'ts spell your name right then you don't deserve above a one i'm not sure why it changed when Tyrion left but seriously... apart from that look like a very good alliance and i think if the Dragon Heads win the war they will become number 1.

3) Xmortis - 1/10 Some of there better players have left and there now like a discarded puppet show still hanging by a string but crumpled and dirty.

4) Molon Labe - 9/10 Good small alliance and you must respect them for where they are they were like Pheno used to be in the beggining got some friends over there so i know they can play, worthwhile enemys.

5) Phalanx - 5/10 Saph is a good leader but how good? They need to shape up if they do they could become big.

6) StoneCutters - 7/10 Should be higher in the rankings, just about your average member count, average points, average leadership, average players, average alliance.

7) The Virtus Phoenix - 6/10 The worst of our enemies don't give them much respect don't know their leaders but they look average and below intresting to note otis isn't losted on the profile? Have you stepped down from leadership? My advice for you is to stop wrighting the long essays on the forum and get back ingae and play below 200k points pfff.

8) Wake of the Kraken - 6/10 The average but not quite as good alliance as StoneCutters alliance.

9) Dark Judgement - 4/10 One man alliance maybe two with sw0rd staying strangely neutral in this war but going to be destroyied by the victor i think.

10) Oceanus - 2/10 Once a Xmortis allways an Xmortis no point changing your name because we haven't seen much difference from you.

11) South East Syndicate - 8/10 The not quite as good alliance as Molon Labe but still up there maybe just in a later stage of development, played with ThaUnit good player and have some promise and a good future if that side wins.

12) The Forgotten Legion - 3/10 Literally forgotton, not really worth the effort in rating but a high member count, low average points.

Please refer to somebodys signature about this being my view not my alliance it applies to this post.

Good Day,
~Achilles