Passed Farming Villages in 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3393

I have only got 3 cities and I have already reverted to 40min or 2hr clicks, cause anything else gets too mundane and boring for me.

DeletedUser2795

Yeah, I have 4 cities and am only using the 40 min clicks (and higher reight before bed, but I did that anyways :p )

DeletedUser

I have reverted to the 240mins farming now. Because if you notice, the 120mins farming give you less resources than twice the 40 mins due to Booty.

DeletedUser

3 or more threads about the new farming system and nothing. Either our ideas are stupid,or noone cares about em. We're just wasting time posting in here.

DeletedUser2795

3? There is mine, about efficiency, and this one, what is the third?

DeletedUser

This sounds like an excellent premium account feature, something folks would actually pay for. So, to amend the original idea...

Proposal:

A premium feature, under either Administrator or Merchant, which would allow demanding resources from all villages, for all of your cities, at once. This would add a link to the right of Miscellaneous on the menu you get with Administrator.

Reason:
The time it takes to administer resource gathering over your villages, especially once you have multiple cities, is intense. This would provide a way to minimize the number of clicks it would take. The trade off would be that it would only be for demanding resources, and you would have to choose the same option for all cities.

Additionally, the current method of demanding resources does not work with certain devices, such as Droid, for example. A different menu structure from demanding resources that supported such technology would be a positive addition.

Details:
A link to the right of Miscellaneous called "Demand" would open up with the correct premium feature. Clicking this link would open up a window similar to the current demand window for a village. This window would have either three or six options, depending on if you have booty researched. Only the three or six time options would be displayed, not the resources. Clicking on a time option would globally make that time demand on all of your villages, irregardless of what city they belong to. Number of resources would depend on the individual villages. Villages for which demand is not yet available would be unaffected. Resources would be credited to their city as currently.

Balance:

Premium feature. You would only be able to select one time option, globally. You could only do demand, not loot or demand troops.

Summary:
Save premium players the time clicking on all of their villages to demand resources. Help those players with carpal tunnel syndrome.

DeletedUser17088

If the idea is for a single farm/loot/demand button once you own all 8 farms on an island then I'm all for it, what I'm not in agreement with is the idea of it being premium feature

DeletedUser2795

I would hate for it to be a premium feature, premium players already have a big enough advantage.

DeletedUser

I would love this to be implemented. the idea of the new farming system seemed much quicker than the old at first, but it's just the same. just instead of 100 clicks over the course of an hour, it's 100+ clicks over the course of the day. per city

DeletedUser

Ok, so here's some more of my thoughts on stuff that was brought up by others as well as a few new things.

1 I also don't care for idea of linking this to premium. They really do get enough of an advantage with everything else. Besides they already get extra resource production via the Merchant.

2. This should be an incentive to conquer all 8 villages on every island. As it is now, from talking to other players, very very few of them ever conquer the 8th village to due the mass of troops lost in the process.

3. An addendum to the last one, there's no real good reason to lose that many troops just to be able to demand resources. There was never a need to lose any troops demanding resources in 1.26. And some math to show just how horrible this is.

Based on simulations, horsemen are the best unit to attack with. 175 Horsemen will lose roughly 166 of them to clear the 8th farming village.

175 Horsemen takes 42k wood, 21k stone, and 63k silver or a total of 126k resources combined. Now, assuming a level 6 farming village and booty on a Speed 2 world, you can get 80 of each resource every 10 minutes. That means it will take 525 clicks to get 126k resources back from that farming village. Of course those resources will be spread out evenly not the same ratio as you spent. To get back 63k silver, it would take 788 clicks.

525 clicks = 5250 minutes = 87.5 hours = 3 days, 15 hours and 30 minutes

788 clicks = 7880 minutes = 131.33 hours = 5 days, 11 hours and 20 minutes

Doesn't sound to bad, right? Wrong, because we aren't done yet. You see, that simple math is assuming you are clicking EVERY 10 minutes for days. The farms themselves won't even allow you to do that. As per these posts by Sigismund you can only get 12.5k total resources or 4,166 of each type of resource from a farming village each day.

So, you'll max out the farming village for the day after just 52 clicks. That equates to 8 hours and 40 minutes. So now, with that in mind you can figure out the following.

525 clicks = 10 days at 8 hours and 40 minutes a day plus 1 hours of the 11th day.

788 clicks = 15 days at 8 hours and 40 minutes a day plus 2 hours of the 16th day.

In summary, that's just a lot of friggin' clicking to get back what was used to conquer the village.

DeletedUser

Ok, so here's some more of my thoughts on stuff that was brought up by others as well as a few new things.

1 I also don't care for idea of linking this to premium. They really do get enough of an advantage with everything else. Besides they already get extra resource production via the Merchant.

2. This should be an incentive to conquer all 8 villages on every island. As it is now, from talking to other players, very very few of them ever conquer the 8th village to due the mass of troops lost in the process.

3. An addendum to the last one, there's no real good reason to lose that many troops just to be able to demand resources. There was never a need to lose any troops demanding resources in 1.26. And some math to show just how horrible this is.

Based on simulations, horsemen are the best unit to attack with. 175 Horsemen will lose roughly 166 of them to clear the 8th farming village.

175 Horsemen takes 42k wood, 21k stone, and 63k silver or a total of 126k resources combined. Now, assuming a level 6 farming village and booty on a Speed 2 world, you can get 80 of each resource every 10 minutes. That means it will take 525 clicks to get 126k resources back from that farming village. Of course those resources will be spread out evenly not the same ratio as you spent. To get back 63k silver, it would take 788 clicks.

525 clicks = 5250 minutes = 87.5 hours = 3 days, 15 hours and 30 minutes

788 clicks = 7880 minutes = 131.33 hours = 5 days, 11 hours and 20 minutes

Doesn't sound to bad, right? Wrong, because we aren't done yet. You see, that simple math is assuming you are clicking EVERY 10 minutes for days. The farms themselves won't even allow you to do that. As per these posts by Sigismund you can only get 12.5k total resources or 4,166 of each type of resource from a farming village each day.

So, you'll max out the farming village for the day after just 52 clicks. That equates to 8 hours and 40 minutes. So now, with that in mind you can figure out the following.

525 clicks = 10 days at 8 hours and 40 minutes a day plus 1 hours of the 11th day.

788 clicks = 15 days at 8 hours and 40 minutes a day plus 2 hours of the 16th day.

In summary, that's just a lot of friggin' clicking to get back what was used to conquer the village.

Man, i did not think about doing all the math to that. That means for people that arent on grepolis 24/7 would take over a month to get the resources back.

Although I support do support this idea because for the people that do aim to get all farm villages, its would be a relief to them to be able to get all of the resources at once instead of making a bunch of clicks.

DeletedUser

Yes please do something like this.

I came into this forum to see if this had been suggested and BINGO...here it is.

I am still a noob. Less than a month, 1400 points. I only have 5 farms. First time playing these type of games. At first absolutely loved it. Now just love it because of the grind of click farming. I have booty (thank god for that) and with only 5 farms I am seriously getting burnt out. I have no idea how the big guys grind it out with 10-20 and up farms...I would most likely quit.

I waited a long time after my fifth farm thinking I must be missing how to activate a "Demand at once button" I read the forums until my eyes bled and could not find anything about it.

I kept thinking....there has to be a button......why wouldn't they have this button.....it only makes sense to have this button. Then I came here to ask for it.

Also why have it only for capturing all 8 farms. If you are online and have to click to demand.......why not make it at less (like 5 as I have....lol). I can't think of any drawbacks to this. If you are on line and clicking you should be rewarded for playing.

Please, please, implement some form of this. I would give up my city and start over if you offer me this. I think it is that important to keep your new players until they get their feet wet and get the bug.

DeletedUser2950

I came into this forum to see if this had been suggested and BINGO...here it is.

I am still a noob. Less than a month, 1400 points. I only have 5 farms. First time playing these type of games. At first absolutely loved it. Now just love it because of the grind of click farming. I have booty (thank god for that) and with only 5 farms I am seriously getting burnt out. I have no idea how the big guys grind it out with 10-20 and up farms...I would most likely quit.

I waited a long time after my fifth farm thinking I must be missing how to activate a "Demand at once button" I read the forums until my eyes bled and could not find anything about it.

I kept thinking....there has to be a button......why wouldn't they have this button.....it only makes sense to have this button. Then I came here to ask for it.

Also why have it only for capturing all 8 farms. If you are online and have to click to demand.......why not make it at less (like 5 as I have....lol). I can't think of any drawbacks to this. If you are on line and clicking you should be rewarded for playing.

Please, please, implement some form of this. I would give up my city and start over if you offer me this. I think it is that important to keep your new players until they get their feet wet and get the bug.

I am not a noob, but I agree completely! I quit 2.0 because the whole new farming system is miserable. It takes a ridiculous amount of resources in lost troops to conquer them & then upgrade, & all that clicking is BORING! Keep the old system, but change it so that you can send all the troops needed to strengthen in one trip, & why can't they bring back the resources also? So instead having to send 3 sets of 25 horses + 1 set of 9 to strengthen (84 total), then 65 more to attack, just send 84 at once to both strengthen & collect booty & then you have one click farming. Otherwise, this premium player will quit if 2.0 becomes the only version availabe.

DeletedUser

i would kill to be able to farm all farms in one place.

to go through 8 farms for each city is already a serious pain in the buns and i've only got 5 cities in my 2.x world. i've already been using 40m farming rather than 10m since about the time i got a 2nd city and now i'm already having to consider 4hr farming at some ridiculously low efficieny coz it's just making me want to die going through all those farms every 40mins!

i'm very much in favour of this, even if the new times and resource rates are more favourable. it would still save an awful lot of clicking...

Status
Not open for further replies.