Harbingers v. The Huns

DeletedUser

I just picked the most extreme examples that quickly spring to mind.

There was a player who joined IoA during the TFP event. All his towns were deep in TFP oceans and he was rapidly being reduced to zero (from 100k approx 10 towns). We helped stack his towns long enough for him to escape to a friendlier ocean and a couple of months later he is almost double his original size.

As I said before it's effectively impossible to zero someone through battle it can only be done through their quitting.

DeletedUser

I will have to agree with Badnight on this one, Phil. It may be theoretically possible, but once a player reaches a certain size, it is practically impossible to eliminate them without their consent or cooperation. You may have given three examples, I am unsure about any of them personally, but know that for those three that you suggest have been "zeroed" there are literally countless others who have outlived all attempts, even with all odds stacked against them.

DeletedUser

sure it is impossible if they are devoted to staying alive. But we have found that these "bigger" players get discouraged quickly when they start losing 4 or 5 cities a day and just say the heck with it. Vacation mode only lasts so long.

We are a new beast for them. We will wait 42 days for them to come back. I have encountered some larger players that are true warriors and can never be rimmed but others who are easily taken out. It all depends on the player.
But if they are determined not to be taken out and to rebuild from 5 cities or so then they will almost always succeed in staying alive.

DeletedUser

Kid Cudi was ill in hospital and even now you've haven't zeroed him.

Twoish is former SME. To the best of my knowledge he had nothing to do with HUNS.

No idea about the other one.

You illustrated the point that they were unable to fight back for whatever reason. The only people that can be zeroed through combat are those with single or a few large towns.

TFP were broken but it wasn't because they were zeroed, discuss.

DeletedUser

@badnight- Close
Kid Cudi- Dont know much about him but they took a lot of his cities before his vacation mode was activated. A lot of their cities are close range so they could land their CS without too much resistance.
Twoish-Former SME. Joined harbingers during merge. Got kicked from Harbingers due to inactivity and then suddenly became active- But he was no pro as far as i know but im just guessing. Im not sure of his skill
Hugh Georgan- Kind of the same case as kid cudi! The poor chap was taking his family to disneyland and activated VC..but before it could switch many CS had landed. When he returned he did not have much to fight with. Lol

DeletedUser6296

Hugh was also the only Hun in OC 58. I was the closest Hun to him and most of my cities were 10-20 hours away from him, so it was hard to help him.

DeletedUser

Hugh had almost an entire island taken for himself and had quite a few black members supporting him the entire time.

We will see. I admit that Badnight has a point. And he is right, but isnt it just as good to break their spirit and get them to just say "awwww forget it its too rough"?

DeletedUser

That is exactly how you win. You break their spirit. The best players are those who don't quit until the end, the worst are those who jump alliances because they don't want to lose towns (boohoo).

I can't imagine any alliance making the mistake of recruiting such players, right?

DeletedUser

nwinder as you no i was in the loa for ages i didnt leave the huns because i was afraid to lose cities it wouldnt worry me if i lost all my cities in 1 week as you no it wont happen it only makes you stronger(eg tictac) no disrespect to the harbs but it wold take a massive effort to take 42 cities off someone without the player getting a cs out in a safe ocean i play this game for fun and to be honest i wasnt enjoying the fight with the huns and harbs i have friends in the harbs and the huns, in this game i have no enemys even the fights me and you have had in the past we never fell out this is just a game at the end of the day sure i offered all my cities in 37 to the harbs, sometimes i think it might not be a bad thing if i lost all my cities as the free time i would have would be handy lol bet you think the same some time

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nwinder, if joe was fleeing surely she would have gone to Harbingers? Harbs had no objections to Joe rejoining us, to the best of my knowledge, and from their perspective it removes a roadblock on controlling O37. They can simply point out that unlike any other alliance they have effectively 'de-HUNed' an entire ocean.

Try again.

DeletedUser

Actually, she asked to join the Harbs, they turned her down.

Sorry, try again.

DeletedUser

Sorry, try again.

WOW...you know its funny you speak on so much you dont know. I think in this instance I may be privy to more then you and I can tell you...WRONG...TRY AGAIN. There are plenty of conversations you dont know about.

DeletedUser

Joe and I talked this out and made the move that both of us felt was best for her and Harbingers. While I think Badnight has developed a habit of talking out of his ear I will not slander Joe as she has done nothing to deserve it. But I can equate her recruitment to the recruitments I have made from the Huns.
These people were brought in and promised things by the huns and then left as human shields in their oceans. Whether they will publicly acknowledge it or not, this is the truth and they know it, and most have admitted it privately. How can we blame them for being smart enough to figure it out? Lets leave them be and allow them to play the game in their own way until they do something wrong.

Them leaving the Huns can only be considered cowardice by the most mindless of Huns fanatics, which we know are many here, and the fact that they were wise enough to see what was being done to them is admirable.

Furthermore, Joe Strunks is not afraid of anything in Delta or anywhere else. this is a game, everyone aside from the huns realizes that. WE are here to have fun and when you realixe that someone has used you, then who wouldnt go somewhere else?

DeletedUser

well i dont no were you get your information from nwinder but i have never asked to join the harbs ever(no disrespect to the harbs).i dont no if you are making this up or just teasing but the thing is i have no time for well to be honest no time for the lies that is turning delta into a bad place but i have never asked to join the harbs so if you have been told i have asked to join its time to name and shame the liar and if you cant well all respect has been lost as it looks like the blame lands on you

DeletedUser

Well joe, you know when you are lying or not. And I am fine with you knowing you are lying.

Your call, I am sure you'll sleep just fine tonight. Save your own hide, don't worry about alliances and friendships.

Either way it works, you ran to IoA to hide from Harbingers. You know Harbingers won't attack you in IoA.

But, I hope you enjoy that feeling of knowing you are out right lying.

~_^

DeletedUser

Sorry, try again.

you still havent answered the question of me asking to join the harbs so you avoided it by making another point and for your information im not afraid of the harbs or any other alliance as i said before its only a game and if i lost everything in 1 night well i,ll live wouldnt take it personal, if the harbs want to attack me well let them do so as it looks like thats what you are looking for them to do
ps still waiting for you to back up your above statement or are you going to move the goal posts again and dodge the fact that it was lies

DeletedUser

you still havent answered the question of me asking to join the harbs so you avoided it by making another point and for your information im not afraid of the harbs or any other alliance as i said before its only a game and if i lost everything in 1 night well i,ll live wouldnt take it personal, if the harbs want to attack me well let them do so as it looks like thats what you are looking for them to do
ps still waiting for you to back up your above statement or are you going to move the goal posts again and dodge the fact that it was lies

Hey Joe, hope everything is well with you. sorry i had to leave. but as for Nwhiner, nlier or what ever Ncrap I want to call him, he always never answers any question. He make accusations that he can never back up. Thats how he plays the game. He will never answer any question and if he does his new response is "im bored". Well most people are bored of his Ncrap. Thats why he left SG and joined Eotd. Once Vig left, That opened the door for him to join. As long as vig was around, Vig made sure he would never join Eotd.