P&P - Don't join ANY alliance until you read this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Don't join ANY alliance until you read this!

By the end of the day they join, most members will have already been attacked. Mass-Recruitment (MR) alliances throughout Greece have been continuously bombarding players with invites.

Some of you may be wondering why members of these alliance are wasting time repetitively clicking the small little "Invite" button.

Storyline of ALL "mass-recruitment" alliances.

Step 1. Recruit everyone
Step 2. Wait for members to show results
Step 3. Remove all players who are not benefiting the alliance
Step 4. Promote everyone to be able to recruit
Step 5.(Optional) Rinse and Repeat

The truth is, the moment you accept, not only are you accepting membership, but also the fact that 50% - 99.75% of your fellow alliance members will be dismissed from the alliance.

The idea behind it is that by recruiting hundreds of members, hopefully they will be able to recruit some good ones, while the rest of the members who are not benefiting the alliance are eventually pruned out.

Fact:
The top 58 alliances are ALL mass-recruitment alliances

Fact:
Mass-recruitment alliances alone contain more than 8192 members

Fact: On average there are 141.2 people per mass-recruitment alliance

Fact:
More than 34.4% of people are in a mass-recruitment alliance

Instead of risking being pruned out, join a smaller local alliance instead. If you need an even more stable alliance to build from, consider joining an alliance which is a member of the IAC (Inter-Alliance Confederation), or request you local alliance to apply for IAC membership.

Want to join a mass-recruitment alliance? Think again.

Pax Britannia

* According to Dunbar's research, in order to retain the intimacy of a band (which is similar to that of an alliance), up to 35 people could be present in a group. For the above facts, alliances with over 40 people have been categorized as a mass-recruitment alliance. Facts were accurate on 21/1/09

DeletedUser

Don't join ANY alliance until you read this!

By the end of the day they join, most members will have already been attacked. Mass-Recruitment (MR) alliances throughout Greece have been continuously bombarding players with invites.

Some of you may be wondering why members of these alliance are wasting time repetitively clicking the small little "Invite" button.

Storyline of ALL "mass-recruitment" alliances.

Step 1. Recruit everyone
Step 2. Wait for members to show results
Step 3. Remove all players who are not benefiting the alliance
Step 4. Promote everyone to be able to recruit
Step 5.(Optional) Rinse and Repeat

The truth is, the moment you accept, not only are you accepting membership, but also the fact that 50% - 99.75% of your fellow alliance members will be dismissed from the alliance. Yes the ones that are inactive and would be kicked from all tribes anyway

The idea behind it is that by recruiting hundreds of members, hopefully they will be able to recruit some good ones, while the rest of the members who are not benefiting the alliance are eventually pruned out.

Fact:
The top 58 alliances are ALL mass-recruitment alliances
Wrong, some are pre-mades and beta allainces. Know your facts and post your sources!
Fact:
Mass-recruitment alliances alone contain more than 8192 members your sources?

Fact: On average there are 141.2 people per mass-recruitment alliance Probably true, my alliance has 74 members and very few in-actives and those that do go inactive get auto kicked, with no chance to re-join.

Fact:
More than 34.4% of people are in a mass-recruitment allianceSources, and once again, this is based on previous assumptions which are flawed. making this statistic flawed

Instead of risking being pruned out, join a smaller local alliance instead. If you need an even more stable alliance to build from, consider joining an alliance which is a member of the IAC (Inter-Alliance Confederation), or request you local alliance to apply for IAC membership.

Want to join a mass-recruitment alliance? Think again.

Pax Britannia

* According to Dunbar's research, in order to retain the intimacy of a band (which is similar to that of an alliance), up to 35 people could be present in a group. For the above facts, alliances with over 40 people have been categorized as a mass-recruitment alliance. Facts were accurate on 21/1/09

Now your mass recruiting, your tribe has already been openly mocked in public forums. and now you resort to insulting other tribes to make yourself look better, when actually its the reverse.

Stop trying to draw members to your tribe, like flies to a lamp, your mass recruiting, and your becoming your own enemy, if you have something decent to post, as a rebuttal, feel free to do so, i love picking apart flawed statistics

DeletedUser753

You really are a passionate person, aren't you.

I love the semi-professional fine-printed footnote at the bottom which starts with the words "according to Dunbar's research". If you're gonna try and make something look scientific, how about referring to a name or person people actually know, not to mention why this person was fit to conduct the "research".

Really I'm not even a mass-recruitment alliance because our alliance's recruitment is closed given we have 32 effective, enthusiastic players. I just find your fierceness a little amusing.

DeletedUser

i find it amusing that theres no link to his statistics, its not posted nor computer generated, so its possible to be made up.. or bias, as pax is trying to put across

DeletedUser753

Oh no, don't worry, you just need to look at the confederacy's WikiGrepolis page and see that nobody really cares.

DeletedUser

probably, i hate this PnP 1/10, no decent pictures, flawed facts, and a hypocritical point of view... epic fail

DeletedUser

Fact: The top 58 alliances are ALL mass-recruitment alliances

You are very sadly mistaken. Get your facts right before you start lumping all the top 58 alliances together.

Yet another very poor post by you Pax. Please do a little research before you spout off more falsities.

darkdragonfinal.jpg

DeletedUser

You are very sadly mistaken. Get your facts right before you start lumping all the top 58 alliances together.

Sadly yet another very poor post by you Pax. Please do a little research before you spout off more falsities.

darkdragonfinal.jpg

im very glad you agree with us cattle, i give this thread a rating of

/1

DeletedUser

I think we can all generate random "FACT", right?

FACT: Pax Britania is pissing off more and more people on the forum.

FACT: Pax Britania's action may translate to in game action, if old tribalwar behavior is any guide, some of the forum grudges become in game war declarations or battles.

Do you even check those top what 58 alliances on how they recruit, etc.? Some alliances seem to grow just fine without resorting to mass invites, some do mass invites.

Bear in mind we are separated by sea, the big beautiful blue OCEAN. Oh, right, we don't need boats as we can all be jesus and walk across water to attack other people.

Mass invite alliance will have more problem dogpiling someone because they are limited by only people on the same island can attack each other after BP ends. Until boats show up (which will take a while due to harbor + academy requirements), it's simply battle over individual island's dominance, or people choose to all play simcity :)

<sarcasm on>

* According to a leading authoritarian nobel prize lauret, Pax Britannia is a mass recruiting alliance, just packaged differently.

DeletedUser753

probably, i hate this PnP 1/10, no decent pictures, flawed facts, and a hypocritical point of view... epic fail

No, Sonea - this is Pax Britannia's thread and so you must print it like so:

epic fail*

* conclusion drawn by Sonea after thorough research.

DeletedUser

For Proof google "Dunbar's number"

The first non-Wikipedia site on googlehttp://www.lifewithalacrity.com/2004/03/the_dunbar_numb.html

Rebuttal on OlympiasEpirus:

Now your mass recruiting, your tribe has already been openly mocked in public forums.

No, it hasn't. You have just identified thing which you think are flaws, and I have rationalized them

and now you resort to insulting other tribes to make yourself look better, when actually its the reverse.

This is no an attack on any alliance on particular, just a wake up call to everyone.

Stop trying to draw members to your tribe, like flies to a lamp, your mass recruiting, and your becoming your own enemy, if you have something decent to post, as a rebuttal, feel free to do so, i love picking apart flawed statistics

Unlike some people, I don't make up statistics.

Rebuttal on Sonea's:

The truth is, the moment you accept, not only are you accepting membership, but also the fact that 50% - 99.75% of your fellow alliance members will be dismissed from the alliance.
Yes the ones that are inactive and would be kicked from all tribes anyway

Then why recruit them!

Fact: The top 58 alliances are ALL mass-recruitment alliances
Wrong, some are pre-mades and beta allainces.
Know your facts and post your sources!

Read disclaimer: "According to Dunbar's research, in order to retain the intimacy of a band (which is similar to that of an alliance), up to 35 people could be present in a group. For the above facts, alliances with over 40 people have been categorized as a mass-recruitment alliance. Facts were accurate on 21/1/09"

Fact: Mass-recruitment alliances alone contain more than 8192 members
your sources?

They were:

Fact: On average there are 141.2 people per mass-recruitment alliance
Probably true, my alliance has 74 members and very few in-actives and those that do go inactive get auto kicked, with no chance to re-join.

8192/58 =141.2......

Fact: More than 34.4% of people are in a mass-recruitment alliance
Sources, and once again, this is based on previous assumptions which are flawed. making this statistic flawed

http://www.grepostats.com/ states there are 28207 people.

28207 people
8192 members
= 34.4...%

DeletedUser753

Oh WOW I tried to read your post again and I just didn't.

REASONS
Excessive length and a promise of increasing volume in your pointlessness.*

* this is true.

DeletedUser

For Proof google "Dunbar's number"

The first non-Wikipedia site on googlehttp://www.lifewithalacrity.com/2004/03/the_dunbar_numb.html

Rebuttal on OlympiasEpirus:

No, it hasn't. You have just identified thing which you think are flaws, and I have rationalized them

Actually, it has, ill post a link if you like.

This is no an attack on any alliance on particular, just a wake up call to everyone.

Fair enough, but your just said that 58 alliances are noob, 50 of em may be (not a statistic) but that still leaves 8 alliances that will want your alliance gone.

Unlike some people, I don't make up statistics.

Proof?

Rebuttal on Sonea's:

Then why recruit them!

Read disclaimer: "According to Dunbar's research, in order to retain the intimacy of a band (which is similar to that of an alliance), up to 35 people could be present in a group. For the above facts, alliances with over 40 people have been categorized as a mass-recruitment alliance. Facts were accurate on 21/1/09"

"According to Dunbar's research", No link for this....

They were:

8192/58 =141.2......
anyone can make up a group of statistics and claim they were right, tho its doubtful you actually did, i can still discount the above numbers as the do not corrispond with a tribe, so theres no (easy) way of proving it. nor are there screenshots

http://www.grepostats.com/ states there are 28207 people.

28207 people
8192 members
= 34.4...%
Simple math, dosent prove anything, work out the amount of in actives and your numbers will by a lot different. sorry man, your claims are still invalid.

I'm not being horrible, but "almost" every point you have made has either no back-up or is an opinion, mass-recruiting could work here, we just don't know ;)

DeletedUser

w00t like it. Finally some entertainment. Was a well written mail pax, I liked reading it, dont care if its fact or fiction, had me chuckling anyway.

And guys...wheres ya sense of fun? :D

DeletedUser

w00t like it. Finally some entertainment. Was a well written mail pax, I liked reading it, dont care if its fact or fiction, had me chuckling anyway.

And guys...wheres ya sense of fun? :D

im having fun, i love showing people up, and then helping them up, and pushing the face down again ;)

DeletedUser

Apart from the coping and pasting, it's actually hilarious.

Fair enough, but your just said that 58 alliances are noob, 50 of em may be (not a statistic) but that still leaves 8 alliances that will want your alliance gone.
Read disclaimer
check following
"According to Dunbar's research", No link for this....
The first non-Wikipedia site on google http://www.lifewithalacrity.com/2004...nbar_numb.html

anyone can make up a group of statistics and claim they were right, tho its doubtful you actually did, i can still discount the above numbers as the do not corrispond with a tribe, so theres no (easy) way of proving it. nor are there screenshots

462 Drunken Warriors
555 Sinaia
392 Lords Of Destruction
282 -Biohazard-
350 DUNE
312 Dilligaf
224 Holy Order and Truth
221 TITAN
258 The Imperial Empire
159 TW-Shadow
169 300 Spartans
191 Coalition of Death
147 Zeus is a Myth
171 Inglorious Basterds
147 the Greek cities
130 Ancients of Pangaea
158 Artemis
192 BODY OF HADES
160 Legio Crusaders
162 The Knights Templar
146 AlphaOmega
136 Hades Warriors
99 Thors Hammer
132 The Vallettan League
136 Maelstrom
151 Warriors of Rome
142 The Kapura Effect - TKE
129 Followers of Ares
118 City-States of Isilith
91 Hand of Zeus
102 The club of Tursas
80 Hades
86 Poseidon
88 Island Warriors
89 Orion Alliance
96 The Illuminati
86 Dragons
76 Portugas
90 Art of War
87 FURY
85 ELITE TRIBAL
80 Merlions
63 KnightsOfGood
47 Dark Dragon Warriors
66 The Empire
69 The Black Pearl
78 Elite Tribal Nations
57 Wicked
54 Polish Tribal Warriors
97 The Phalanx
63 G.S.E
72 Northern Paladins
61 Crimson Knights
58 The Rogue Phoenix
56 S.P.Q.R.
68 Dark Angels
47 The Awsome Ones
69 Arkitectonika
Simple math, dosent prove anything, work out the amount of in actives and your numbers will by a lot different. sorry man, your claims are still invalid.

Its just about a week since server start. There accounts are still here. The people who created them are (probablly) still alive.

DeletedUser

"Its just about a week since server start. There accounts are still here. The people who created them are (probablly) still alive." - Sorry doesn't deserve a proper quote.

that is totally wrong. and you know it as-well, at least a few people on every island have quit. your telling me that every person in this game still playes, i doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.