Top 12 ABP Alliances

DeletedUser

Well I've said it before GET IN or GET OUT !

Background noise from spectators that - that "as always are better than the actual players" are at the top - amusing - but at this level boring beyond belief.

This server has been running approx. +16 days - if you're that good (NO you're not) this should be no problem for a "warrior" like you..

Anyway seems someone has a bad temper and cannot take joke. And that to me is pathetic.

DeletedUser809

Mini Me, maybe you should do the math.

I think you have just proved your alliance are not playing a very intelligent game, the key to the game is getting culture as fast as possible, getting BP is not the best way to get culture. The bottle neck of the game is resources so maybe think about how you spend them.

All due respect Saska, you appear to have no idea what you're talking about. The bottleneck may be resources in the EARLY stages of the game, and more so if you're less active, but it very quickly becomes all about bp as you start expanding. And there's more to it than just culture points anyway. BP is about establishing control over territory, making your troops safe when you go offline, creating more farms for you and your alliance, intimidation and respect etc. etc.

DeletedUser

All due respect Saska, you appear to have no idea what you're talking about. The bottleneck may be resources in the EARLY stages of the game, and more so if you're less active, but it very quickly becomes all about bp as you start expanding. And there's more to it than just culture points anyway. BP is about establishing control over territory, making your troops safe when you go offline, creating more farms for you and your alliance, intimidation and respect etc. etc.

I agree.

BP is the key to the amount of respect you receive from your opponents .

Your both need to go away and do the math, resources are the ONLY bottle neck in the game, I had 177 cities and they still were the bottle neck at expanding even 2,000,0000 points. If I had double the resources I could have expanding faster, and if you have excess resources you clearly need to learn how to use them.

BP doesn't not earn respect, and it not about BP when you start expanding if my team could take a city with getting 200 BP or 20000 BP we would select the 200 one. Its about playing smart and not going in like a bull in a China Shop.

While going like a bull may scare a few players going against my elite team you would just be laughed and walked all over.

You should also note that culture is most of the game, everything do you in this game leads to getting more culture in some form or another.

DeletedUser1405

And still the threads in this world arent allowed to remain as titled, i had to go back 2 pages to find at least something that was supposed to be here.

DeletedUser809

Your both need to go away and do the math, resources are the ONLY bottle neck in the game, I had 177 cities and they still were the bottle neck at expanding even 2,000,0000 points. If I had double the resources I could have expanding faster, and if you have excess resources you clearly need to learn how to use them.

BP doesn't not earn respect, and it not about BP when you start expanding if my team could take a city with getting 200 BP or 20000 BP we would select the 200 one. Its about playing smart and not going in like a bull in a China Shop.

While going like a bull may scare a few players going against my elite team you would just be laughed and walked all over.

You should also note that culture is most of the game, everything do you in this game leads to getting more culture in some form or another.

I respect the fact that you have played that long on the same world and acquired that many cities but I think you're doing the math for a 1.26 server and 2.0 is a whole other ball of wax. The resource income per city is significantly higher in 2.0. More than twice as much. If you max your 8 farming villages in a day you're getting in excess of 40K of each resource per day and that's not even counting all the other cities you're farming.

Actually, I guess that's more like 25K of each resource at world speed 1 but nonetheless it's a helluvalot more than you got under the old system and your troops aren't occupied while you're farming so you're also hitting a lot more inactive farms. And if you have Captain activated you can still hit your farming villages on a regular basis even when you have a lot of cities.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Saska is right here. If you want to grow fast than you need the resources. Think all the way back to when you first started.... The higher your resources the faster you could use them. Then think to when you had 5 or 6 cities and all of your resources are maxed and you have the academy and senate maxed you can run city festivals once or twice a day and the more cities you have the more festivals you can run. This will have a constant flow of CP without losing your Soldiers. I play gamma and have over 100 cities think about it if my recourses are maxed I can run 100+ city fest twice a day, Yes I could gain CP from BP, but not at a constant rate because you have to rebuild and then miss a few days of attacking. To do it the way that Saska has said you not only get the CP at constant rate, but you also can use your soldiers to fight real battles rather than waste them just trying to get CP. In the end it is better to max the resouces and have constant flow than for me to waste the soldiers I could use to save or take a city.

One more thing by getting CP from bp you leave yourself vulnerable because you are constantly rebuilding. I was very good at taking a city from a player who would waste their soldiers attacking me for the BP. Oakenwald can attest to this. ;)

Quay

DeletedUser21770

It's not that simple. You need the silver to get said resources and troops from the Phoenician Trader, and that isn't always as easy as it sounds when you're trying to build yourself up.

DeletedUser

Saska is right here. If you want to grow fast than you need the resources. Think all the way back to when you first started.... The higher your resources the faster you could use them. Then think to when you had 5 or 6 cities and all of your resources are maxed and you have the academy and senate maxed you can run city festivals once or twice a day and the more cities you have the more festivals you can run. This will have a constant flow of CP without losing your Soldiers. I play gamma and have over 100 cities think about it if my recourses are maxed I can run 100+ city fest twice a day, Yes I could gain CP from BP, but not at a constant rate because you have to rebuild and then miss a few days of attacking. To do it the way that Saska has said you not only get the CP at constant rate, but you also can use your soldiers to fight real battles rather than waste them just trying to get CP. In the end it is better to max the resouces and have constant flow than for me to waste the soldiers I could use to save or take a city.

One more thing by getting CP from bp you leave yourself vulnerable because you are constantly rebuilding. I was very good at taking a city from a player who would waste their soldiers attacking me for the BP. Oakenwald can attest to this. ;)

Quay

Let me see if I get this straight:

City Festival:

- Costs 15000 wood, 18000 stone, 15000 silver = 48,000 res
- Lasts 24 hours

300 BP:
(Assuming you use all slingers to kill each other so you get all the BP and also that you have conscription)

- Costs 300(49.5 + 90 + 36) = 52,500 res
- Lasts 8 hours

It seems to me (admittedly, an inexperienced player) that the advantage of the city fest is that it is slightly cheaper and you don't need to spend time building troops while the advantage of the bp is that you can have them every 8 hours.

However, I don't understand how you were able to "run 100+ city fest twice a day" if they last 24 hours....

Thoughts?

DeletedUser

Let me see if I get this straight:

City Festival:

- Costs 15000 wood, 18000 stone, 15000 silver = 48,000 res
- Lasts 24 hours

300 BP:
(Assuming you use all slingers to kill each other so you get all the BP and also that you have conscription)

- Costs 300(49.5 + 90 + 36) = 52,500 res
- Lasts 8 hours

It seems to me (admittedly, an inexperienced player) that the advantage of the city fest is that it is slightly cheaper and you don't need to spend time building troops while the advantage of the bp is that you can have them every 8 hours.

However, I don't understand how you were able to "run 100+ city fest twice a day" if they last 24 hours....

Thoughts?

Lol... Quay has been playing this game for over 18 months, and knows 100% what she is on about.

Your math is fatally flawed you have only accounted for 300 slingers... you get BP for what you kill.

So let’s play in the real world, Level 25 wall, 1000 swords... 300 slingers kills 57.

So 57 BP for you 52k resources.... I could get 6 city festivals for your one...

DeletedUser21770

This has gone drastically off topic -__- save the BP discussions for a proper BP discussions thread. While this thread is related to BP, it is merely comparing the top alliances in terms of ABP, not comparing how they get the BP or what the players/alliances do with it.

DeletedUser

So let’s play in the real world, Level 25 wall, 1000 swords... 300 slingers kills 57.

What world do you live in lol? No decent attacker would ever make such a stupid attack.

In the gaming world of byz in grepo I got 2116 kills as an attacker with 1510 losses. Or check this and try get cheaper culture:

Edit: Back to topic: