Petition: NO GOLD IN GREPOLIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't really see the point in this thread...

Is this to stop Grepolis from giving out gold, or stop the players from buying it?

Either way..It doesn't really make much sense..

Why would InnoGames take out one of their income features?

People that don't want to buy gold don't have too..The solution is just that easy..I have seen many of players that don't buy gold yet rise the top with those that DO buy gold ..

~ Lane

Since the arrival of V2, large goldeurs dominier can even play, let me explain:
With the merchant and the reduction of troops, they can be 300 riders in 2 minutes, what a normal player can do in 2 weeks

DeletedUser

How about only players with a username begining with K are allowed gold (no changing usernames), and every time someone else buys gold, it is donated to a random player with a username begining with K?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
So what you want isn't for Inno to get rid of gold but to fix some of their premium features that allow players with massive pockets to buy a top spot. Mostly the Phoenician Trader needs adjusting then, based on your fractured opinions on the matter.

DeletedUser22115

well Gold is what keeps Grepolis going because the Admins must get paid to run it and so do Innogames, if they didnt get paid what would be the point in paying to build the site and get nothing back

DeletedUser

One word FAIL!!

Lol if a person wants gold they'll get it. If you don't like it thats your problem.

DeletedUser

How about only players with a username begining with K are allowed gold (no changing usernames), and every time someone else buys gold, it is donated to a random player with a username begining with K?

This. :D

DeletedUser

They have on heraklion... i tested it, you can't cut the time of any builds/troops etc more than 5 times there.

There is an algorithm on all worlds that restricts the use of the reduction feature.

As for the petition, I really have no comment. Though our developers can live off of computer codes and darkness for a very long time, we occasionally feed them. This is very expensive but necessary for their existence...and mine as well.

:p

DeletedUser

There is an algorithm on all worlds that restricts the use of the reduction feature.

As for the petition, I really have no comment. Though our developers can live off of computer codes and darkness for a very long time, we occasionally feed them. This is very expensive but necessary for their existence...and mine as well.

:p

Lmao nice calm response!

DeletedUser14492

Although the message may not be clear... the point being made is this...

Gold is not fair in a game like this. Simple as that. How on earth is it fair that someone prepared to SPEND more money on a game can defeat someone else just because they have more money? This is meant to be a simulator, a war game... what place does money have in deciding the outcome?

Thats the point. Its basically cheating, its not skill, its not ability, success = having deep pockets for a great many people now.

Sure Inno need to make their money, but not by creating a totally unfair system, in which you have managed to perfectly replicate a capitalist society on a browser game lol. Well done. Its wrong, its the principle, that is all.

1.26 had this problem also, but with 2.0 Inno have gone too far. If/when my world closes, I intend to find a new game to play that doesnt reward rich people.

Ev

DeletedUser

Although the message may not be clear... the point being made is this...

Gold is not fair in a game like this. Simple as that. How on earth is it fair that someone prepared to SPEND more money on a game can defeat someone else just because they have more money? This is meant to be a simulator, a war game... what place does money have in deciding the outcome?

Thats the point. Its basically cheating, its not skill, its not ability, success = having deep pockets for a great many people now.

Sure Inno need to make their money, but not by creating a totally unfair system, in which you have managed to perfectly replicate a capitalist society on a browser game lol. Well done. Its wrong, its the principle, that is all.

1.26 had this problem also, but with 2.0 Inno have gone too far. If/when my world closes, I intend to find a new game to play that doesnt reward rich people.

Ev

Fair? So many people use the argument of "it's not fair", yet it's the most ridiculous way to argue against gold that there is. In what way is it not 'fair' to allow people to spend their own money, as they choose to, in order to gain a small and relatively insignificant advantage?

Just because some people work for a living, and choose to spend some of their money on a game to support the developers, are they suddenly transformed into an evil, cheating monster? No. If anything is unfair it's that people are jealous/envious enough of gold users that they feel the need to come to the forum and complain about it, to try to make gold users out to be the bad guys.

At the end of the day, players who use no gold are getting to play an excellent browser game, with a huge variety of available worlds with different settings to satisfy pretty much any player's demands. On top of that they are getting access to an active forum, allowing them to chat with other players. On top of that, they are receiving excellent support from the staff, and both the ingame and the forum moderators. After all this, some free players STILL feel the need to complain that they feel hard done by, as if Innogames is abusing them in some way.

So really, what is unfair? Is it the players who spend their own hard-earned money to support a game they enjoy, or is it the players who find things to complain about despite playing, arguably, one of the best free browser games available.

DeletedUser

Fair? So many people use the argument of "it's not fair", yet it's the most ridiculous way to argue against gold that there is. In what way is it not 'fair' to allow people to spend their own money, as they choose to, in order to gain a small and relatively insignificant advantage?

Just because some people work for a living, and choose to spend some of their money on a game to support the developers, are they suddenly transformed into an evil, cheating monster? No. If anything is unfair it's that people are jealous/envious enough of gold users that they feel the need to come to the forum and complain about it, to try to make gold users out to be the bad guys.

At the end of the day, players who use no gold are getting to play an excellent browser game, with a huge variety of available worlds with different settings to satisfy pretty much any player's demands. On top of that they are getting access to an active forum, allowing them to chat with other players. On top of that, they are receiving excellent support from the staff, and both the ingame and the forum moderators. After all this, some free players STILL feel the need to complain that they feel hard done by, as if Innogames is abusing them in some way.

So really, what is unfair? Is it the players who spend their own hard-earned money to support a game they enjoy, or is it the players who find things to complain about despite playing, arguably, one of the best free browser games available.

Pretty much a perfect nutshell.

DeletedUser

people need to stop complaining...I know some incredibly successful free-to-play members. check out smith281 on grepostats, world Tau. He doesn't even use gold for admin, which is bottom line gold expenditures for some premium users.

the only feature i am not content with is the troop halfing feature. i know a fella who will remain unnamed who used mass quantities of gold in one of the 2nd gen worlds, and demolished all attack rankings. i was attcked and killed his 270 LS nuke. 2 days later he attacked again with a 250 LS nuke from the same city.

granted that is an extreme, but it does happen. regardless, most major gold abusers i have come across with aren't late game players, they dissapear after a few weeks/months.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

*Yawn* This argument again?

OK bottom line, the only way for Grepolis to survive as BUSINESS is to make MONEY.

How to you think Grepolis can survive without MONEY? My question to you is would you prefer Grepolis WITH Premium and money or NO Grepolis at all, and no premium. If you choose the no-premium I can suggest a number of free MMORPGs that have gone out of business due to a lack of funds.

If it is YES stop proposing this STUPID argument. Grepolis is a BUSINESS!

Seriously guys, stop trolling on the game! It tries to be fair to all, even though some of us pay more than others for it.

DeletedUser

Grepolis is free but, it is always big expensives win...

The argument that gold gives ranks has always been hilariously invalid. First of all, can I ask if you've been top of a world; if you've had of 100k points?

Gold helps. But not gives. Gold does not help you to have less losses in war, gold doesn't directly give you more resources to build and gold doesn't make everything automatically easy. I don't see an issue with it and it is fair for Inno to desire an income from something they worked so hard to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.