Petition: NO GOLD IN GREPOLIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'd like to say though, since when is fighting fair? Lol I mean gold users are just using money to win... isn't that the main objective to win in this game? Whether it be through battle or resources there just doing what they think is a good way to win...

Neither am I a gold hater, it's just a way innogames gets money to let us play our game for free.

DeletedUser

With commander, it does.

with the merchant, it does.

with the administrator, most action become much easier, farming overview form the captain also helps a TON.

Not a gold hater, but I'm just saiyan'

The effects of Commander are pretty much negated if the user of it does not have Phalanx, but their opponent does. It is also a relatively minimal bonus, in the grand scheme of things.

The Merchant does not directly give more resources as Osl said. It gives a minimal boost to the income from resource buildings which, as before, is pretty much negated by efficient resource management (upgrading resource buildings above your gold-using opponent), and regular farming (seeing as much of an active player's resources should come from farming, not resource buildings).

The Administrator does not automatically make things easier, it simply gives options to simplify how things are done. There are no significant bonuses - anything that can be done via the Administrator's overviews can also be done by a free player, it will simply take a little more effort.

The only thing I cannot argue for is the Captain's farming village overview which, as you said, helps a great deal. I think there is a proposal being voted upon currently that may make a version of that overview available for both free and premium players, though, so it is possible that that advantage too will soon be nullified.

The one other Premium option that I am against personally is the option to speed up construction/recruitment/research. Were I to have my way, that option would either be removed or limited far more severely. I think it was already mentioned that there is a limit of something like 5 times, but that is still far too much in my opinion. Even if it were limited to a single increase of 50%, that is a great advantage to a skilled player, who knows to fill his warehouse before adding troops to a queue.. combined with the spells of Poseidon and/or Hera, an even greater boost, while not allowing such ridiculous differences between free and premium players.

DeletedUser

If Grepolis would be a single-player game one week long - gold would be of large importance. But worlds in Grepolist last months (if not years) and it's not possible to win here alone (against 100+ member alliances) - so gold is not that important. Unless the most players of the same alliance are using gold and making it long time (say month after month) - only in that case such an alliance will have some advantage.

Active player without gold (say kid, who can play large amount of time) will do better here than inactive player with gold (say person with job and salary - who cannot afford playing much).

So i personally cannot see the reasons to any complaints about gold usage.

DeletedUser

The Merchant does not directly give more resources as Osl said. It gives a minimal boost to the income from resource buildings which, as before, is pretty much negated by efficient resource management (upgrading resource buildings above your gold-using opponent), and regular farming (seeing as much of an active player's resources should come from farming, not resource buildings).

Not really, you can buy resources, its a fact. It is just really expensive. It involves manipulating the trader by recalling him over and over, and moving resources by putting them in the market so you get the deals you need.

The Administrator does not automatically make things easier, it simply gives options to simplify how things are done. There are no significant bonuses - anything that can be done via the Administrator's overviews can also be done by a free player, it will simply take a little more effort.

It can require ALOT of effort. In the very late game organizing city festivals is a literal chore, going through each cities agora and running them. the command overview is also a godsend with sniping, you can't perform recall snipes very effectively without it. another thing is attacks...have you ever gotten 100+ attacks while in the possession of over 70 cities? It becomes a nightmare trying to sort through which attacks are headed to what city. So in a sense admin does make things automatically things easier.

and I'm no gold hater either, heck i run premium in all my permanent worlds.

DeletedUser

Not really, you can buy resources, its a fact. It is just really expensive. It involves manipulating the trader by recalling him over and over, and moving resources by putting them in the market so you get the deals you need.

I was referring to the Merchant premium option, not the Phoenician Merchant.

DeletedUser

yes, I was aware, I was just pointing out the phoenician merchant can be a major boost in the early game especially.

but enough of all this. like I stated earlier, most big spenders I have come across never stay longer than a few weeks or months. Considering how it takes 1.5-2 years to reach the era of world wonders...well, the rest speaks for itself.

Plus if I had to choose between 250,000 gold and a crummy alliance, and no gold with a great alliance, I'd take the latter in all cases.

DeletedUser

Innogames does not need the premium features on grepolis from a business perspective. Their main source of income comes from advertising like most internet companies. The premium feature is there to give Innogames more profit, it is a minor source of income in comparison to their advertising income. I believe everyone is forgetting every one of you are customers and pay Innogames without realizing it. Whenever you visit Grepolis and notice some adverts, Innogames receives capital(Money) from those advertising companies.

And if their customers are becoming unhappy because of a product(Premium) then it would be wise to remove it or degrade to resolve the conflict. Innogames are doing the opposite which in result their customers will leave, thus their income decreasing. It would be wise for Innogames to start taking proper notice of their customer's demands(Grepolis Players) otherwise sooner or later their company may go bankrupt because of the collapse of grepolis as it provides them with the most income.

It makes me laugh to see people calling others idiots for disliking gold, saying that Innogames needs it. Such ignorance, it shows they spent more time day dreaming instead of listening in class.

^^

DeletedUser

Whenever you visit Grepolis and notice some adverts, Innogames receives capital(Money) from those advertising companies.

And what adverts are those? I don't know if you are thinking of another game, or just not paying attention, but Grepolis does not have massed adverts on every page you visit. Indeed, I don't think I have ever seen adverts on Grepolis, neither on the forum nor in the game itself (excluding the advertising messages received from the spammers).

You may want to rethink your little speech about Premium being a minor source of income compared to advertising, because it's far from the truth.

DeletedUser

I have a Business GCSE thank you very much, I am more than qualified to give a expert opinion on this topic.

Oh good lord, I thought you were trolling to start with, but now I know for sure. That is just too good, thank you.

But, hey, even though you're intentionally making yourself look like a moron, I'll bite. That screenshot shows grepostats.com, a third-party site in no way connected to Innogames. The Innogames website, innogames.com, has no adverts on it, excluding adverts for their own games.

Seriously, try harder? You aren't even making the slightest effort to troll properly.

DeletedUser

Are you happy now? Why of course not you're a woman.

Ah, sexism, I should have wondered how long before that was used. You really aren't doing very well here, are you? You should get some tips from Mr Rex, you have so much to learn.

You are quite right, there is one advert on an Innogames website. Gosh? It is quite incredible how that one advert makes so much money for Innogames, that the income from Premium purchases become a minor amount.

Do stop embarrassing yourself, RejectedLove, and go back to the off-topic section. I'm sure someone there will give you the attention you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Innogames does not need the premium features on grepolis from a business perspective.

May I ask how you know this? Do you work for InnoGames?! Each business has different ways of receiving income and gold (premium) is one of the ways InnoGames gets income.

RejectedLove said:
Their main source of income comes from advertising like most internet companies. The premium feature is there to give Innogames more profit, it is a minor source of income in comparison to their advertising income. I believe everyone is forgetting every one of you are customers and pay Innogames without realizing it. Whenever you visit Grepolis and notice some adverts, Innogames receives capital(Money) from those advertising companies.

As you stated in a post above Grepostats is an Unofficial 3rd Party Site. I'm not really sure InnoGames gets the money for that but hey...Advertising is advertising ..Those little ads aren't going to give InnoGames much income (even if they did receive the money)..Am I correct?

RejectedLove said:
And if their customers are becoming unhappy because of a product(Premium) then it would be wise to remove it or degrade to resolve the conflict. Innogames are doing the opposite which in result their customers will leave, thus their income decreasing. It would be wise for Innogames to start taking proper notice of their customer's demands(Grepolis Players) otherwise sooner or later their company may go bankrupt because of the collapse of grepolis as it provides them with the most income.

Hmm..Well considering 7/8 of most Grepolis players are satisfied with the premium (Or at least don't voice it) I would think we're doing okay. InnoGames isn't going to get rid of gold..So no point in bring up an argument in which you think they will/or should. Onto your response that "the customers will leave". Considering this was brought up when the 2.0 Updates were rolled out and a lot of players threatened to leave they are still here. Grepolis is improving but it takes the work of the community to make things better. A petition about gold helps nothing as far as I can see being that in reality InnoGames won't take the gold (premium) feature out. I don't pay to play and I'm happy with those that do to buy gold..Hey, it's a game afterall...People are free to do as they wish. :)

RejectedLove said:
It makes me laugh to see people calling others idiots for disliking gold, saying that Innogames needs it. Such ignorance, it shows they spent more time day dreaming instead of listening in class.

Well if that was the case I think it's a decision made for InnoGames not the players.

Now if we can't keep the discussion civil I'm sure someone will come along and lock it so no insulting others guys. Keep it within the rules, please. :)

Thank you,
Lane

^^[/QUOTE]

DeletedUser4013

While I appreciate that players have differing views on premium and whether it provides a ranking advantage, I do not want to see anymore threads calling for an end to premium in Grepolis. This has been a feature of the game since its inception. While I will tolerate threads based around this topic I will not tolerate more threads which degenerate into flame wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.