Inactive Topic An exact countdown on farms (Captain View)

DeletedUser

Proposal: To have a countdown timer on the farms from the captain view (when farming multiple farms at the same time). It's kinda hard to explain, so I'll make a graphic aid to help you understand. :S

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yes

Reason: Since there's no 'within the minute' way of knowing when to click 'Demand', 5 minute farming can consist of a lot of "The farms aren't ready" messages, if you're trying to be really efficient on time.

Details: Not sure what else to say... It's exactly what I said above.

Visual Aids: (Based on 5 minute farming)
Current View:
73gtno.jpg

Suggested View:
dd1bh1.jpg

The timer counts down accordingly.

Balance: There's no balance required

Abuse Prevention: No abuse, just more efficient farming times.

Summary: All of the above in an appropriate sentence. >.>

DeletedUser8396

VERY VERY un necessary. I guess if the devs have the spare time fine...

doesnt sound like much coding at all, so mill +1 and +rep you...if it will let me lol

DeletedUser

Hey I agree with a pebble, I think that this would be a nice small improvement if devs had spare time.

DeletedUser

Would you newbs pipe down? Kanga is trying to put forward a good idea.

I support this simple improvement, technically I have to get an idea of this by clicking on individual farms in a larger empire, a quick-reference in the premium overview would be more useful as this suggests.

DeletedUser8396

im not a noob *sniff sniff*

i didnt say it was a bad idea, but its highly un necessary

DeletedUser

Some would disagree a pebble :p

Kanga, when will you stop churning out little ideas that are brilliant and improve the game dramatically over time?

A massive yes from me. However why just Captain's view? Has the free Mod Premium made you soft? :p

+Rep for contribution to the improvement of Grepolis through millions of little ideas that stack up in one massive way.

doesnt sound like much coding at all, so mill +1 and +rep you...if it will let me lol

I could code this...

DeletedUser

im not a noob *sniff sniff*

i didnt say it was a bad idea, but its highly un necessary

I didn't imply you said that either, and small improvements are highly necessary. :p

Some would disagree a pebble :p

Kanga, when will you stop churning out little ideas that are brilliant and improve the game dramatically over time?

A massive yes from me. However why just Captain's view? Has the free Mod Premium made you soft? :p

+Rep for contribution to the improvement of Grepolis through millions of little ideas that stack up in one massive way.

Well technically this could only be available that way, non-premium players still have to rely on what I found to be an issue in my first post.

DeletedUser20429

Well look at your idea of bringing things to the foreground. Not exactly necessary but still liked and its the same here

DeletedUser8396

Well look at your idea of bringing things to the foreground. Not exactly necessary but still liked and its the same here

YOu people are so ignorant. I am NOT saying it is a bad idea, only unnecessary.

I agree, my foreground idea is unnecessary. I have no problem with it being just one of those tiny ideas that get pushed aside in spare time.

DeletedUser

VERY VERY un necessary.
You obviously have never played this game using this overview with 10+ cities. It's a real pain that you have to guess when they're ready.

This should've been implemented from the start. YES PLEASE.

DeletedUser

You obviously have never played this game using this overview with 10+ cities. It's a real pain that you have to guess when they're ready.

This should've been implemented from the start. YES PLEASE.

Pinkie Pie is correct, this is something that we needed months ago, but we haven't for some inexplicable reason.

DeletedUser

Sorry but i dont like this idea it shows you the time to the minute and there is no need to have it down to the second. If you want to find out the exact time can you not just click demand like you would do without captain???????

DeletedUser

Sorry but i dont like this idea it shows you the time to the minute and there is no need to have it down to the second. If you want to find out the exact time can you not just click demand like you would do without captain???????
That won't work with 10 cities with 8 FVs each..

DeletedUser

Personally I am not sure why you would need it, it's kinda like having a digit representing milliseconds on a digital watch.,

DeletedUser

Personally I am not sure why you would need it, it's kinda like having a digit representing milliseconds on a digital watch.,
Well not really with a millisecond is really small, but this is really important as it can get frustrating checking it a lot of times with a lot of farming villages, it is just one of those small things what life easier like the paper clip:)

DeletedUser26213

A no from me because Kanga suggested it :p

just kidding, this would actually be really helpful

DeletedUser

This idea has been around since 2.0 came out and Ive been calling for it since them. Let me remember. I believe my suggestion at the time was that Grepolis changes it from day at hh:mm to day at hh:mm:ss.
Although I would like it to be a count down instead of a date & time, the easiest change for the programmers would be just to add the second it concludes. My guess is that it may only be a GUI change depending on how the software is written. Most software use a form of DATETIME which in most languages include a seconds component which can be included via the GUI or some minor backend changes.
That said, if the programmers are willing to go the full hog and the lag time doesnt increase by having many active count downs (which once again comes down to programming) then I would recommend a counter similar to above.