New Layout Feedback Thread

DeletedUser

I think Inno need to learn that doing a beta for these things is better than giving it to us like how it is.

Inno games Y U so poor at making games

You would imagine that before releasing this on the unsuspecting public that they would have asked a few of the top premium players to test a beta version, however it seems that they assuming that they themselves are Allah, and are therefore perfect.

DeletedUser

The players who use the Beta server are 'end users' to.

Apparently none of these :end users" because you have 27 pages of negative feedback. Its to bad that inno games cant admit failure and just undo the update. They dont even have to get rid of it but make it optional. Its a shame because its just about time for me to re up in gold and as the same as with many players i know, it wont be happening until they can realize that it should be about the players not always the money

DeletedUser10930

No more gold for me until they can at least treat our views with respect.

DeletedUser

No more gold for me until they can at least treat our views with respect.

I've never "bought" gold, and never will, however I have earned gold through the free option, that will now stop, so that means less traffic to the sponsors as well.

DeletedUser

All feedback and comments for the new main menu layout in here, please.

Thanks

Richard

I don't like the new placement of the menu at the bottom of the screen. It's a nice menu, but the location is bad. It's bad because it takes vertical space away from the player; most monitor screens are wide horizontally and not tall vertically, and this placement of the menu along the bottom makes the game-playing area too narrow vertically. Thank you.

DeletedUser31161

After using my moble and ipad for a while i must agre with some people that the bar at the bottom is too big. Expecially the gold button. I suggest returning it to the beggining or make it smaller

DeletedUser

I don't like the new layout. It takes up way too much space in an area of the screen I use a lot. Not such a pain when you are on the PC and have a ;large monitor but it is really annoying when playing on the phone. Please remove or have an option to put it back on the left like it used to be

DeletedUser33297

Make this new bar optional please.
I like that idea, just have the option to either pick the old bar or the new bar.
I personally don't really like this new bar since it's too big, when playing on my small screen laptop it takes too much space for me.

DeletedUser

The update is better looking, but fails to improve the gaming experience. I can understand the change in the Market Place before the Cave. However, why change the City Wall needing a Temple. I thought the other way around was much more sensible: in other words, protect the people first, then honor the gods.

Oh, and by the way, I lost a lot of map space on my 10.1 tablet. Thanks.

And what is this "Reservations" addition?

I will continue playing, but not as a Premium player and no more buying gold. Once I loose everything, I am gone from the game permanently (unless more useful "upgrades" are made).

DeletedUser4013

Can I just say, that for those of you who are displeased with the new menu bar taking up too much space on your mobile, there is a mobile version of the game which is optimized for use on mobile devices. I fully understand that many people play this game on the go, I myself do as well, but for a great many things a player can make full use of the mobile version for anything that needs doing while at work or otherwise away from home.

As well, many tablets have a screen no larger than approximately 10 inches, so even with the old menu bar the screen was limited. As Richard has already stated, the menu bar will not be changed back, but feedback about it will be passed along. Before its release, this was both internally tested, scrutinized and reworked before going to the public beta server for further work. The menu bar may not be to everyone's liking, but please keep feedback to constructive criticism instead of vitriolic comments.

DeletedUser23986

Can this menu be polled against? Like we had for v2.0 or grepolympia?

That will be representing the entire community's critisism....

DeletedUser

No one uses the mobile version that I talk too. It's severely limited in various ways I could go into but this is about the new layout for the web version layout. I get the feeling it was designed with mobile and or touch screen users but it ends up hurting more than helping. If the testers would like I can make a YouTube video of how this new layout almost completely fails on the iPhone 5

DeletedUser

Can this menu be polled against? Like we had for v2.0 or grepolympia?

That will be representing the entire community's critisism....

Ummmm those polls were totally useless and a waste of time for the people that made them, the mods, and the people that voted. So no.

DeletedUser

Can I just say, that for those of you who are displeased with the new menu bar taking up too much space on your mobile, there is a mobile version of the game which is optimized for use on mobile devices. I fully understand that many people play this game on the go, I myself do as well, but for a great many things a player can make full use of the mobile version for anything that needs doing while at work or otherwise away from home.

As well, many tablets have a screen no larger than approximately 10 inches, so even with the old menu bar the screen was limited. As Richard has already stated, the menu bar will not be changed back, but feedback about it will be passed along. Before its release, this was both internally tested, scrutinized and reworked before going to the public beta server for further work. The menu bar may not be to everyone's liking, but please keep feedback to constructive criticism instead of vitriolic comments.
so why bother having a thread about it if they had no intention on taking any notice of the complaints ?.Why not be honest and say here it is like it or lump it WE DON'T care ?

DeletedUser

There's a difference between constructive criticism and complaining. Just saying.

DeletedUser5554

Its rather annoying to be frank I liked the old set up better this one just seems to imply "buy gold" in my opinion might have been the big gold emblem in the middle that gave it away or not sure. Or to go conspiracy on you it may also have been the fact that if you look at the buttons it haves the same amount as the letters as "buy some gold" :p

Obviously the second one probably isn't true and is meant to poke fun. However the layout isn't really good having prefered the old forum update and message system as opposed to this one with number counts that aren't accurate at all.

What I would suggest is maybe get the large gold button out of the way. That's not to say get rid of it. But I personally find the placement bad and it should be moved off maybe near the game clock.

Also in addition to the number updates maybe have the buttons glow when something updates as the numbers are easy to miss and sometimes late to update. :)

Last edited: