New Layout Feedback Thread

DeletedUser4013

Can this menu be polled against? Like we had for v2.0 or grepolympia?

That will be representing the entire community's critisism....

Polls of the forum community are not representative of the entire player base. I cannot recall how many times this has been stated. But, below is a quote which is an example of constructive criticism:

Its rather annoying to be frank I liked the old set up better this one just seems to imply "buy gold" in my opinion might have been the big gold emblem in the middle that gave it away or not sure. Or to go conspiracy on you it may also have been the fact that if you look at the buttons it haves the same amount as the letters as "buy some gold" :p

Obviously the second one probably isn't true and is meant to poke fun. However the layout isn't really good having prefered the old forum update and message system as opposed to this one with number counts that aren't accurate at all.

What I would suggest is maybe get the large gold button out of the way. That's not to say get rid of it. But I personally find the placement bad and it should be moved off maybe near the game clock.

Also in addition to the number updates maybe have the buttons glow when something updates as the numbers are easy to miss and sometimes late to update. :)

I personally do not like the big in-your-face Premium button on the new menu. Personally I would prefer if that button was a multi-purpose button which could be an incoming attack alert, message alert, and perhaps some other alert. It would also be nice to be able to minimize the menu as well, though on my screen resolution it does not cover up too much of the bottom.

DeletedUser22650

i played through the new tutorial on the beta and its miles better, more bonuses and different build orders so you get temple and markets faster, and i dont need a lvl 6 wall until i finish the temples anymore that stuff is all awesome :)

DeletedUser

Sir,what is that reservation thing? Can ya tell the use of that thing sir?

DeletedUser

Sir,what is that reservation thing? Can ya tell the use of that thing sir?

It acts as a simple claims procedure for you and your alliance. You can reserve a city by clicking on it and clicking the reserve button. Once you do this, your reservation will be clearly visible from the map and it will be added to your alliance list. It's just a nifty tool for you to easily view and manage all alliance reservations.

DeletedUser

Can I just say, that for those of you who are displeased with the new menu bar taking up too much space on your mobile, there is a mobile version of the game which is optimized for use on mobile devices. I fully understand that many people play this game on the go, I myself do as well, but for a great many things a player can make full use of the mobile version for anything that needs doing while at work or otherwise away from home.

Have honestly tried the mobile version, and found it to be completely unusable. Despite the limitations the web version even on a mobile is the only way to go.

Tyrion said:
Polls of the forum community are not representative of the entire player base. I cannot recall how many times this has been stated.

Just wondering why? Aernt most worlds represented here by at least a few players? Since the requirements to join the forum community are already met by playing the game an announcement in-game to come vote could be easily achieved.

I notice that in my alliance I am the only member posting here(I believe). There is a thread in our alliance f0rums started the day of the update. The overwhelming response is negative just like here. I realize this could be somewhat anecdotal given the scale (playerbase/worlds/etc). But in conjunction with the response in this thread seems to me relevant and possibly indicative of the general playerbase sentiment.

DeletedUser

Have honestly tried the mobile version, and found it to be completely unusable. Despite the limitations the web version even on a mobile is the only way to go.

Just wondering why? Aernt most worlds represented here by at least a few players? Since the requirements to join the forum community are already met by playing the game an announcement in-game to come vote could be easily achieved.

I notice that in my alliance I am the only member posting here(I believe). There is a thread in our alliance f0rums started the day of the update. The overwhelming response is negative just like here. I realize this could be somewhat anecdotal given the scale (playerbase/worlds/etc). But in conjunction with the response in this thread seems to me relevant and possibly indicative of the general playerbase sentiment.
I too am the only one who replied to this thread from my alliance. My first post was on the first page of this thread. Most of the members of my alliance have been gaming for many a year and fully understand that once a dev gets an idea into their head that they believe is a good thing no matter what the justification is, no matter how many people find it, redundant, bothersome, pointless and actually detrimental to the gaming experience, you CAN NOT CHANGE THEIR MINDS.

All the mods do now is report back what people are saying and get told to do a "sales" job on us. Devs know that most will play regardless so their attitude is simple "screw the player complaints" in time they will get use to it.

That why many don't even bother posting on forums like this. For the most part it's a waist of time and energy. Some, like myself try, we really try to get through to "them". In the end.. some of us leave never to return. The key word being "some".

DeletedUser

It acts as a simple claims procedure for you and your alliance. You can reserve a city by clicking on it and clicking the reserve button. Once you do this, your reservation will be clearly visible from the map and it will be added to your alliance list. It's just a nifty tool for you to easily view and manage all alliance reservations.

So will that mean no one else will be able to conquer it?

DeletedUser

A) Go and ask it in the questions thread, this is a totally irrelevant conversation to be having here.
and
B) No. But if you want a real answer, go an ask it in the questions section.

I do quite like it, although as has already been said- the big button is bloody annoying!
Why was it changed though? It seems just like 2.0... Changing something that everyone liked and that worked. Can one of the mods who is in the know tell us why the change was made?

DeletedUser

Can I just say, that for those of you who are displeased with the new menu bar taking up too much space on your mobile, there is a mobile version of the game which is optimized for use on mobile devices. I fully understand that many people play this game on the go, I myself do as well, but for a great many things a player can make full use of the mobile version for anything that needs doing while at work or otherwise away from home.

As well, many tablets have a screen no larger than approximately 10 inches, so even with the old menu bar the screen was limited. As Richard has already stated, the menu bar will not be changed back, but feedback about it will be passed along. Before its release, this was both internally tested, scrutinized and reworked before going to the public beta server for further work. The menu bar may not be to everyone's liking, but please keep feedback to constructive criticism instead of vitriolic comments.

the mobile version is terrible. It take so much extra time to do anything. Want to farm on all your islands forget about it, Oh wait i have 25 cities and 8 villages on each island but i have to click everyone individually and then go back and change the city and then click on the new island and then click each village again and doing that 25 times while waiting for each one to load and returning to previous screens is just stupid. Not to mention no bb codes. reports dont show up, it tells you they are and what happened but you cant click on them for information. Its just to simple. It may be good when you have a few cities starting out but not for big players. And either way we shouldnt have to COMPROMISE for one of the devs mistakes. If i want to play it on my laptop or tablet i should be able to . I shouldnt have to switch to my phone because you guys messed that playing experience up.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and complaining. Just saying.

whats the point of constructive criticism at this point if there is no chance of changing it. Like Richard said it wont be changed. Inno games will not admit a failure on their behalf. And i believe everyone has the right to say how they feel, because a complaint is Feedback, and it just makes it simpler for you guys to understand that it sucks. Some of use pay more money for this game then any other game. Ive played 6 months maybe and spent over 5 or 600 dollars. Thats 100$ a month (est) even playing larger much better mmos with the game price plus membership prices i wasnt paying that. And if there was a problem with something they fixed it, because they are about the players who gave them (and inno) jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4013

the mobile version is terrible. It take so much extra time to do anything. Want to farm on all your islands forget about it, Oh wait i have 25 cities and 8 villages on each island but i have to click everyone individually and then go back and change the city and then click on the new island and then click each village again and doing that 25 times while waiting for each one to load and returning to previous screens is just stupid. Not to mention no bb codes. reports dont show up, it tells you they are and what happened but you cant click on them for information. Its just to simple. It may be good when you have a few cities starting out but not for big players. And either way we shouldnt have to COMPROMISE for one of the devs mistakes. If i want to play it on my laptop or tablet i should be able to . I shouldnt have to switch to my phone because you guys messed that playing experience up.

I never said that the mobile version was better, just that it was an alternative. I know that there are limitations to the mobile version of the game, but there are rumors about this being changed with more options and the ability to use the overviews if you have premium active.

whats the point of constructive criticism at this point if there is no chance of changing it. Like Richard said it wont be changed. Inno games will not admit a failure on their behalf. And i believe everyone has the right to say how they feel, because a complaint is Feedback, and it just makes it simpler for you guys to understand that it sucks. Some of use pay more money for this game then any other game. Ive played 6 months maybe and spent over 5 or 600 dollars. Thats 100$ a month (est) even playing larger much better mmos with the game price plus membership prices i wasnt paying that. And if there was a problem with something they fixed it, because they are about the players who gave them (and inno) jobs.

Any player can make a complaint, but it's those players who can take their complaint and explain why they feel that way and how it could be made more to their liking. Richard said that the new layout would be evolving. This means that the way in which you see the current layout will change slightly. For instance: if the Devs create a way for the menu to be minimized, or the massive gold button is changed to something else. That is how the layout will evolve and change. It is constructive criticism like that which helps bring your views across better.

DeletedUser

Okay, I don't mind being charged premium to make the phone a better app because it is an extra in a sense. The only thing I would say about the mobile is that it should let us send to WWs and attacks never show up on city. I mean, it gives you warning and tell us where it's launched from and who but I go through the list of cities and can't find a thing. (There are also several other issues such as it doesn't show troops in city or doesn't show troops in battle reports.)

DeletedUser

Hey, did any of you guys see the new main menu layout yet? its pretty sweet.

DeletedUser31618

I see You don't want to give us an option to choose between the old and the new layout :(
Can You at least give us an option to move it left on the screen, under the map pls ?? ... new layout but same positioning as before :)
This new view is bad ... some cities are under the layout and i must move the whole screen in some direction just to enter my city :(

DeletedUser12667

Hey, did any of you guys see the new main menu layout yet? its pretty sweet.

Dude you are sooo right:p I am totally digging how I have to move the home screen I have up to check my reports:eek: Or move the report screen just to be able to check the alliance forums:eek: I just cant get over how awesome the new layout is, and why did Inno wait so long to change the layout so I have to move the active window to check another. It is awesome now that I have to do more to see what once was readily accesable in the left panel:rolleyes: Is inno's next market gonna be in fitness/health? As they seem to be working towards us doing more to accomplish what was once right there and easily obtainable:cool:

DeletedUser12667

New layout sucks sucks sucks

Na mate, the new layout doesnt suck. Isnt it awesome how you have to move screens to see what was once visable in the left colum:eek: So the upgrades that have been implimented in the past while definatly are upgrades that makes me feel inno's goal is income:rolleyes: Add to that the fact that we cant poke fun at someone for mispelling a word on the externals without worry of someone getting offended and us getting a warning msg:( I am finding it hard to want to play grepo. But then again, I am just a pawn so I dont matter. As long as grepo see's goldwhore noobs who drop a mint then quit, it is all profit right:eek:

DeletedUser4013

Something that I feel that you as players should know about. This was posted by on of the Devs on the .DE forums in response to their concerns over the update. It has been translated from the German so it may not read easily.

A Dev said:
We think it is the time that a developer raises his voice on this topic, since many of you demanded this.
A Dev said:
I will talk about different topics, but beforehand I would like to settle your displeasure:
Some of you seem to fear that we developers do not care about the communitys feedback. In fact, we do! We eagerly follow the forums and discuss certain topics within our offices while thinking on how to improve the game based on your feedback.

But let's talk about the biggest concern with this update, the new menu:
We took your feedback and are currently working on a crucial improvement. It will be possible to adjust the size of the new menu bar manually. The update will be brought to you as soon as possible and will be handed out with the next iteration.

Changing buildings within the senate (market and temple):
The opinions on this seem to be mixed. But I would like to give you an explanation on this change. For now we had the problem that a player eventually came to the point were it took really long to get the temple or the market. This was especially remarkable in speed 1 worlds. With this change we wanted to give new players the opportunity to play with the gods as early as possible; after all the gods are one of the main features of Grepolis!

The divine envoy:
Many of you say that this unit is useless due to its combat values. This may be correct in reference to the late game, but for the starting phase the divine envoy allows players to build up an army without the need to spend precious resources that one would rather use for his buildings.
As we see that the divine envoy is being used to rarely, we will of course make changes. Nothing is set in stone!

For the future we plan to handle your feedback more directly so you can be sure that your suggestions and criticism reach the developers and that your opinion is enormously important to us!

DeletedUser22650

bored developers, the scourge of long term online games, this is the third one ive played on long term since my teens and the third thats pretty much unplayable now due to bored developers destroying gameplay for flashy new graphics :)

DeletedUser

I don't know that it's "bored" so much as justifying their continued employment. I mean, why would a company need "developers" if it is ever completely developed? If it was my job on the line then I'd be coming up with mad changes too.