Bug : Loading Bar when logging in

DeletedUser

Same problem here running Chrome. Just encountered this for the first time today, playing in Edessa.

DeletedUser

World: Actium
In Game Name: erosman
Have check the known bugs list: Yes
Have you cleared your cache and cookies: Yes
Have you tried a different computer/laptop/tablet/phone: Yes
Have you tried a different connection: Yes
Full Version or Mobile Version: Full
Browser and Version: Google Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m & RockMelt 0.16.91.483
Overview of the bug: NEVER gets fixed.
How often this occurs: Just recently, forever ever since
Work Around: NEVER, I haven't tried other browsers though, will not do since its too much the download time.

Please have this fixed ASAP. Thanks.

DeletedUser

Stuck loading bar google chrome fix: Credit to lord red eagle

tzNVG.png

right click on the Senate icon in the load box
inspect the element
leave cursor over the Senate icon
hit backspace 8 times
close inspection box

Merry Christmas[/QUOTE]

Would like to confirm that this works. When you try to login and your main city screen pops up, X out of that screen. Hover over the stuck loading bar and do the above. It tells the browser to stop trying to load. Just keep pressing backspace on that white screen at the bottom until the background (ocean view) lights up normal again. Then play away.

THANK YOU LORD RED EAGLE

DeletedUser

right click on the Senate icon in the load box
inspect the element
leave cursor over the Senate icon
hit backspace 8 times
close inspection box

Merry Christmas

Would like to confirm that this works. When you try to login and your main city screen pops up, X out of that screen. Hover over the stuck loading bar and do the above. It tells the browser to stop trying to load. Just keep pressing backspace on that white screen at the bottom until the background (ocean view) lights up normal again. Then play away.

THANK YOU LORD RED EAGLE[/QUOTE]

this is a ******* . I got this sinse a few weeks on all possible browser and platforms.
nothing wa helpfuly for this till today:
if the progress is frozen do the fallowes:
- rightclick on senate icon (first from left side)
- show element
- DELETE the whole node with "loader"

this stupid thing disapears and all is activ.

what to hell is going on with the fix??? - there are also a lot of other bugs like:
- sending res/attack/support to other cities. if you switch aktive city almost each time the travel time do not change! (even if the units count is OK)
- the mini map do not refresh when changing a city - it shows different position/koordinates (or even nothing remaining blue)
and many more like map switching, jumping to a town or coordinates...

DeletedUser

Yep lots of bugs with the new version, but that fix worked for me for this particular glitch.

DeletedUser27700

It works, but it means you no longer have a minimap.

I just got this error and will play without the minimap rather than not play at all

DeletedUser

Using Firefox works, as said before this has been passed up for investigation and at the moment the only thing we know is this only appears to be an issue with Chrome, clearing cache often fixes it and if that fails then I advise using Firefox until this is fixed.

DeletedUser

It works, but it means you no longer have a minimap.

I just got this error and will play without the minimap rather than not play at all

Yeah minimap goes all blue for a bit, but it corrects itself at least for me

DeletedUser

Bug still happens in chrome. When I reload the screen to get some actions that have not refreshed then it happens. Specially since the program runs almost 24/7. When it happens I have to switch to the unnervingly slow explorer which works ok but damn slow. After a few hours I can go back to chrome and play for a while until i need to reload.

DeletedUser32469

I have the same problem with two variations:
1. It happens only when I log in to Helorus, not Knossos
2. The City view and dropdown announcements are live, but the rest of the interface is greyed as above and inaccessible to the mouse.
This happened for the first time yesterday; clearing browsing data (in Chrome) did not help; I finally rebooted my PC and was able to log in, but this a.m. I booted up fresh and had the same problem. And as noted ONLY on Helorus.

DeletedUser

I have the same issue, world Troy.

It only happens with 2 of my cities when I select them and hit refresh, it bugs out exactly like this. Then I cannot get back in. I've tried clearing cache etc but it's not working.

Trying another browser doesn't really help since I do not always experience this problem in Chrome, it could take hours to recreate in Firefox.

This has only been happening since the last update.

World: Troy
In Game Name: Arlethus
Have check the known bugs list: Yes & N/A
Have you cleared your cache and cookies: Did a 4 week clear of cache. Clearing cookies logged me out and I was able to log back in with my main city showing so no problem.
Have you tried a different computer/laptop/tablet/phone: No, don't have one.
Have you tried a different connection: No, don't have one.
Full Version or Mobile Version: Full
Browser and Version: Google Chrome 23.0.1271.97
Overview of the bug: See above
How often this occurs: Depends really, no pattern has shown up. Only happens when I select a city by name with the last city/ next city arrows and hit refresh to move to it
Work Around: Clearing cookies and logging back in with my main city showing and trying to remember not to move to the ones that cause this issue.

DeletedUser34761

Wich OS version this issue appears?

It seems that Win 8 has many trouble with only Chrome.

You can create a new Chrome user:
Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Users > Add new user
In the new window that appears for the new user, try navigating to the same webpages, and let me know if you continue to see the issue

Also, does this issue only occur when you are using Chrome in
(a) Desktop mode
(b) Windows 8 mode, or
(c) both ?

You can switch Chrome between the different modes by going to the Chrome menu > Relaunch Chrome in Desktop mode / Relaunch Chrome in Windows 8 mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27346

Had the same problem in Achilles for awhile while using chrome. Fixed it by logging in through internet explorer after that chrome worked again.

DeletedUser

First, clearing cache helped. But now, it doesnt. i just need to wait till its gone (i refresh after 10 min-USUALLY, not always).

World: #WorldName# Calydon
In Game Name: #InGameName# gasper-kuhl
Have check the known bugs list: #Yes/No# yea-its there, but no fixing for forever, even my alliance mates said this keeps happening, but they arent visiting the forums
Have you cleared your cache and cookies: #Yes/No# yes
Have you tried a different computer/laptop/tablet/phone: #Yes/No# yes
Have you tried a different connection: #Yes/No# no
Full Version or Mobile Version: #Full/Mobile# prolem only on full version
Browser and Version: #Browser# the latest Chrome, Firefox(the latest) helped at first, but then the same problem
Overview of the bug: #Bug Details# freeze loading bar
How often this occurs: #Daily/Weekly/On Login# every third day, sometimes twice a day, and then nothing for a few days... its really weird.
Work Around: #Work Around# told it upper.

DeletedUser32038

I have same problem since the last update, but it's strange because i play in two worlds and in Calydon all work at 100% with no problem but when i want log in Pella the loading bar stops at the end with a black background anyway if i have some reports or messages i can read them nothing else i can do. It starts everyday at the same time iv'e contacted our moderators and he told me that he does not see this problem. Iv'e tried Opera,Explorer,Firefox and Chrome and nothing. But a very interesting thing it's start everyday at same time depends when i log first it looks like a limit of being online.

DeletedUser

I have had the same issue when logging in to Edessa. The loading bar stops at the end and the background remains dark, only the city view lights up and can be clicked on. It only does this to me on Edessa and no other world. I am being told in support tickets that it must be my browser. The fact that it only does it on one world, blows that theory out of the water. I have never heard of a browser cache being selective on which world it is going to function on and for how long.(it works after a while whether i clear the cache and history or not). I also found it strange that I was told there have been no other players reporting this issue so it must be my computer, and then I come to find a whole thread full of posts about the very same issue...BUG!

DeletedUser

Loader bar for me too

Loader bar for me as well on world Kos on all browsers, (firefox, chrome, explorer), everytime, two computers, two connections, never lets me log on. Saw messages once, but the loader bar is always there. Cleared cache, and restarted browsers, etc. Walked through bug troubleshooter, no luck.

DeletedUser32038

Hey guy's iv'e found out the problem of this bug the loading bar is stops just at one city, example: i have the city Elite Actium if i stop at this city and refresh the page the loading bar stops to all other city is ok. Now how to fix it: since all we know that when the bar stops we still can read reports and PM, always try to leave a report unopened or a PM with a BB Code city name in it, so if your bar stops open that report or PM and chose the BB Code city name an chose go to, after refresh and voila all good.

P.S. Advice see the number of our city's and ask somebody from your friends to send to you this quantity of Pm's with BB Code city name in it and find out which city is causing this problem to you.

DeletedUser21784

Oh please Alexvip85, cool down, will you. Colouring a whole post red is just as rude as caps - it makes reading a pain. If you absolutely need to use colour, use it sparingly. Thank you.

I've met the above described screen loading problems every now and then in Helorus, and from my experience the problem usually disappears if you close the browser window, wait a few minutes, and then log in again. It's the only "workaround" that worked for me.

Browser: Chrome latest version
Flash: latest version
Cache cleared: yes,
Cookies cleared: yes
User took a break: yes, user ate cookies: yes, user had a cup of coffee & a smoke: yes :)