Construction Cost Reduction Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

The feature can only be used once per building level, correct.

Thank you InnoGames for listening to our advice and reining in this feature. If it wasn't advice that did it, well..... Thank you, regardless.

This, reduces the possible impact of this feature considerably and I feel it's a suitable replacement for previous Gold earners for InnoGames which were scrapped due to loopholes.

We must remember InnoGames is a business, with staff to pay for, hence they must make some money. As long as they place their player's entertainment before their greed I will respect their decisions.

DeletedUser

Great, if it could be used multiple times it would be hell :p +devs for that

DeletedUser30636

i wouldnt mind them releasing at least one world where this is no gold advantages... except of course the 3 day free trials that you get in the quests for merchant, administrator, etc.

DeletedUser

Does this include the wall? So if you build a wall to level 25 with fewer resources at each level and its hit by catapults you will not be able to use the reduced resources again? Since walls are hit so often Inno could have a limit of something like 1 reduced resources per 5 levels so they can still make some money off the wall that is constantly being rebuilt, but you can't get reduced cost for all levels.

At the beginning of the game when resources are extremely important, this feature puts non-premium users at a greater disadvantage. As was already stated building to conquest in 25% less time can be a game changer and it will become more about who can spend the most money early on in the game. I am not fully against this idea but if Inno could make a way for the early game to not be controlled as much by gold, the game would remain balanced and Inno would still make money. If players couldn't use the reduced resources during BP or the first couple weeks it would not have an impact on the early game and allow even non-premium players to build up their city for the same amount of resources as premium players.

DeletedUser30636

Does this include the wall? So if you build a wall to level 25 with fewer resources at each level and its hit by catapults you will not be able to use the reduced resources again? Since walls are hit so often Inno could have a limit of something like 1 reduced resources per 5 levels so they can still make some money off the wall that is constantly being rebuilt, but you can't get reduced cost for all levels.

At the beginning of the game when resources are extremely important, this feature puts non-premium users at a greater disadvantage. As was already stated building to conquest in 25% less time can be a game changer and it will become more about who can spend the most money early on in the game. I am not fully against this idea but if Inno could make a way for the early game to not be controlled as much by gold, the game would remain balanced and Inno would still make money. If players couldn't use the reduced resources during BP or the first couple weeks it would not have an impact on the early game and allow even non-premium players to build up their city for the same amount of resources as premium players.

i would assume they mean everytime ou level a building up (or wall) you can you it once, i think they just mean you cant keep using it and make it almost free

DeletedUser23986

The problem with the cost reduction is that, it would give premium players a huge advantage, especially in the start of a new world. Already with merchant they produce 30% extra resources. An additional 25% would consequently boost their ability to be conquer ready before bp expires(it is currently only possible in speed 3, but now it would be extended to speed 2). Also spells like happiness can be extended by gold for premium. In this case, they are able to gain almost 100% extra advantage, and that might dissort the playing fields. And incase it can be used multiple times to gain back resources, then well, it is out of imagination.

Using phoenician merchant for resources, was also removed from the game for similar disadvantages. I understand the need for revenue, but keep in mind, that it should not, severely, disturb the balance, and spoil the game. As already said, players can get conquest ready in 5 days on a speed 3 world, it might make it even faster.

DeletedUser

images

i still suspect that it may need to be made a bit more expensive, but at least it prevents the situation achilles was describing (and i'm sure loads of people were worrying about!)

the advantage for premium players will now be that they will be able to have some extra resources available for army or research, which is fair enough in my eyes (commander basically gives extra army anyway, and i'm not aware of anybody being unhappy with that :p)

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Another advantage for premium players/gold whores!

Nice one Inno! I give you 10/10 :D

BTW that was sarcasm, just in case some of you fools didn't notice...

DeletedUser23986

Thanks for your feedback so far. Can I please remind you that Grepolis has not implemented any premium changes in game for a long time. The last time Inno implemented a permanent premium change, was the price change (20 gold increased to 25 gold) in September 2012. Prior to that, the last feature was the unit reduction feature. With this in mind, I find it a little unfair for it to be said that Inno does nothing but line their pockets. Moreover, between the two of these features, the Phoenician Merchant was capped, as a direct result of player feedback.
Richard
Well, the ability to extend spells for gold was added. This inventory feature also allows inno to secure gold. I don't see people criticizing that, so it is not really that we are against premium, we are just This Specific Premium feature to disturb the balance.

I feel, with the new contented people, we can max out in 5days.

DeletedUser

I have been around Grepolis since Iota and the advantages since those days of Premium players is huge and there have been complaints but people still play today (including myself).
I am a premium player and have a limited supply of cash to put into the game but also work long hours with less ingame time than some other players.
Am I to complain that the 13 year old next door that can come home from school and sit for 9 hours straight doing 5 min farms has a time advantage over me?
So what if they implement a new system of reducing resource costs it might even things up a bit more for the people who can afford $ but not as much time.
No matter what Inno do someone is gonna complain and someone is going to take advantage, whatever comes out people find ways around it otherwise Grep would have already died but is still going strong.
My opinion is bring on the resources reduction and add a limit to how many times per day maybe 3-5 or something ,Helpful but not more than the guy that sits at his computer for 9 hours.

DeletedUser40003

Disgusting, buying resources how am I not surprised by this latest turn.

They have to constantly maintain their servers and a very strong internet connection. Think about how many people actually use gold at the beginning of the game, especially now that they give it to you for 3 days free. Of course, 50 gold per building is a little extreme. In their place, I would've done no more than 10 gold per building.

DeletedUser23986

They have to constantly maintain their servers and a very strong internet connection. Think about how many people actually use gold at the beginning of the game, especially now that they give it to you for 3 days free. Of course, 50 gold per building is a little extreme. In their place, I would've done no more than 10 gold per building.

Maximum gold is spent only during the start!

DeletedUser31161

this is sad. inno this is one of the worst updates i have ever seen

DeletedUser

It´s a shame that Grepolis is loosing interest with all this premium advantages, soon you can say that you just have to buy victory...

DeletedUser20507

I use gold to help my game play. I was broke for a long time and could not buy gold so I played a little slower then other players. now I have a better income and can buy gold. I would like to say that with the help of a supportive alliance any player can build there city as fast or faster then a gold user. With time management and alliance member contribution of resource any player can achieve the same. also may I remind all that with the "earn your gold" option any player can obtain gold by answering a survey.
Now with that said I think the reduction of resource cost is a good idea. I play World of Warcraft and it cost more a month then what I pay for my gold to use in this game.
I think of the people who use gold as the ones paying the dues for the people who can not pay for themselves.
To offset the advantage of fewer resource for those who pay money just ask your alliance members for extra resource. This is a good way to even the playing field.

DeletedUser22684

Premium is optional...paying extra for this benefit is optional....and I think the price point is about right to make it available for "emergencies" but not likely to get abused. As Richard and others have said, Innogames is a business and it has to make money somewhere in order to make the game available at all. Those who want to play free should not begrudge those who are prepared to pay funding their "free" play.
The suggestion of a no-Premium server is interesting; I wonder how many people, given a free choice, would elect to play it?

DeletedUser

Not in existing worlds surely

Happy for Inno to look for new ways to raise funds, this isn't a charity organization after all.

But you cant seriously put this premium option into existing worlds?

Surely it should be for new worlds only?

Or in existing worlds the % should be lessened dramatically from 25%

Otherwise not fair, players have entered worlds under sets of rules and conditions and are playing to these faithfully.

Mid world you want to change the rules so heavily it changes the emphasis on resource collection.

Not smart guys could lose a lot of people this way.

Tweak the introduction of this a bit more please!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

I do use gold but i am sure someone is only wanting maximum profit there is no way i will be paying for this update 50 gold are you joking think how much this costs a player, I typically buy £5.00 worth once a fortnight which gives 600 gold so this new update will cost me 0.41p every time i click to use it, Its a money spinner ill stick with just using the merchant for increased resources and forget this new update, I dont use gold to increase build speed either because of the expense.

I guess im not a gold whore after all.

DeletedUser

I don't like this new feature at all. I personally do use a lot of gold and this feature would be perfect for me, since I could rebuild my wall in no time if it gets hit, but it ruptures the balance in the game. This also means that someone rich could rank up to #1 in 30 days, and that is really bad. I know Inno games needs money, but this isn't the way to get it!

Long story short: THIS FEATURE SUCKS!