Bold Predictions for Paros.

DeletedUser5554

So I've been looking over things and stats lately and I've noticed a few shifts in score and powers. I wanted to make a set of predictions about who and what to possibly watch for. I also would like to say that these are predictions and nothing more if you have a problem prove me wrong. We all know that nothing in Grepolis is written in stone and that things can change at the drop of a hat. Especially in a world like this where seemingly every alliance in the top 12 or a underdog with a note worthy leader has 2-3 rock solid players. Anyways without further ado here's how I think things will play out.

Chaos Hunters- Their fate really determines on their ability to communicate, rally, and fight effectively. A win or V2 or not they will always face these challenges and don't seem to be the strongest in the top 12. I have a few alliances over them actually. This doesn't mean they're terrible or hopeless but I don't seem them being around for the long haul. They're either going to be eaten by someone or have a internal revolt I think. Here's where it gets interesting. I don't think V2 will be the team to finish them off. Speaking of which!

Venom 2.0-Rock solid alliance with a leadership with some good heads on their shoulders. The problem I see? Member retention they brought some big and decent names with them to Paros but those names seem to be tapering off which is only natural of course. The problem being that they need to either dominate another alliance or keep players motivated. In a scenario where the world is against them and they are encircled they hold a huge advantage. But only if they have the depth to hang on defensively and still attack. I just don't see this happening down the line.

Victores and RO- I see these guys in an eventual fight for control in O-55 between many alliances. First V2 then if my prediction about V2 comes true tons of top 12's like Tru and Dark Trilogy will be involved in an all out fight to the finish. I believe the winner here will determine the fate of Paros.

Deadly Phalanx- Decent alliance now that I've gotten a look at them. Not at the top of my power rankings but hey they aren't dead last either. These guys have the ability to have a bid in O-55 but sadly they seem more interested in coming south right now to fight The Barbarians. Guess they saw them as more of a threat than Venom?? Anyways I predict that this alliance is a dark horse for a world win. The catch? They need to stop heading south and shift focus north or west to someone note worthy. In order to win you need that top 12 war experience not to own the rim against no namers.

Legion of the Damned- Seemed to bounce back from what looked like certain death. This one isn't so bold though I think they're sunk long term. It was an influx of members that saved their point ranking. Someone is bound to take them out at some point.

Dark Trilogy- I have them as the weakest link in that conflict for the fate in O-55. They don't seem to be very productive on offense. I'm not sure if they've been tested on defense yet.

Truculence- Some people are about to be raging on here but I have them as the most likely to pull out a win right now. They came out of no where and are immediately making a name for themselves as an aggressive alliance. Which is what you need to do to have success. Say what you want but as far as i'm concerned this is the 2008 super bowl and they're the New York Giants.

League of Delos- I have them in the top 10 of the world by next month. They are also a dark horse to win it and I think can last until the end. They are an uptempo and aggressive alliance. But they need to get more productive as they're in a hostile corner of the world.

Anyways that's what I have feel free to give feedback. Let me know if you liked it. Discuss it or debate it. Do you want more? Etc.

Last edited:

DeletedUser37948

interesting post but as ive said before the american only analigies are lost on an intenational forum most of the time.

i have got a super bowl though, it holds my breakfast cearials. note: not lucky charms, as most countries outside the us banned them as they toxic lolz

DeletedUser5554

Any analogy is lost to someone on here be it an American related one or a one about Greek Mythology ironically enough. The majority of people either get it or simply find something else to enjoy in the post. But if you want me to break the analogy down basically nobody sees Tru as the ones to pull off some big upsets but I think they just might. They're the "underdog" so to speak. :)

And dang now I know why I never ate Lucky Charms.

DeletedUser5061

Before you get your knickers all wet, you should take the ABP of top 10 players from these alliances

Truculence
Venom 2.0
Chaos Hunters

add it all up see what order they come out in that would be a better indication of the future

just sayin..

DeletedUser

Dai, nod said that V2 is the best alliance right now if you read between the lines and I don't think anyone would disagree with that. he stated that your one problem is going to be "Member retention." If your top 10 players don't stick around, like many top players don't, then you may find yourself in a hard place. Although if your players stick around, I would find myself hard pressed to say that V2 will not be the world winners.

DeletedUser

So I've been looking over things and stats lately and I've noticed a few shifts in score and powers. I wanted to make a set of predictions about who and what to possibly watch for. I also would like to say that these are predictions and nothing more if you have a problem prove me wrong. We all know that nothing in Grepolis is written in stone and that things can change at the drop of a hat. Especially in a world like this where seemingly every alliance in the top 12 or a underdog with a note worthy leader has 2-3 rock solid players. Anyways without further ado here's how I think things will play out.

Chaos Hunters- Their fate really determines on their ability to communicate, rally, and fight effectively. A win or V2 or not they will always face these challenges and don't seem to be the strongest in the top 12. I have a few alliances over them actually. This doesn't mean they're terrible or hopeless but I don't seem them being around for the long haul. They're either going to be eaten by someone or have a internal revolt I think. Here's where it gets interesting. I don't think V2 will be the team to finish them off. Speaking of which!

Venom 2.0-Rock solid alliance with a leadership with some good heads on their shoulders. The problem I see? Member retention they brought some big and decent names with them to Paros but those names seem to be tapering off which is only natural of course. The problem being that they need to either dominate another alliance or keep players motivated. In a scenario where the world is against them and they are encircled they hold a huge advantage. But only if they have the depth to hang on defensively and still attack. I just don't see this happening down the line.

Victores and RO- I see these guys in an eventual fight for control in O-55 between many alliances. First V2 then if my prediction about V2 comes true tons of top 12's like Tru and Dark Trilogy will be involved in an all out fight to the finish. I believe the winner here will determine the fate of Paros.

Deadly Phalanx- Decent alliance now that I've gotten a look at them. Not at the top of my power rankings but hey they aren't dead last either. These guys have the ability to have a bid in O-55 but sadly they seem more interested in coming south right now to fight The Barbarians. Guess they saw them as more of a threat than Venom?? Anyways I predict that this alliance is a dark horse for a world win. The catch? They need to stop heading south and shift focus north or west to someone note worthy. In order to win you need that top 12 war experience not to own the rim against no namers.

Legion of the Damned- Seemed to bounce back from what looked like certain death. This one isn't so bold though I think they're sunk long term. It was an influx of members that saved their point ranking. Someone is bound to take them out at some point.

Dark Trilogy- I have them as the weakest link in that conflict for the fate in O-55. They don't seem to be very productive on offense. I'm not sure if they've been tested on defense yet.

Truculence- Some people are about to be raging on here but I have them as the most likely to pull out a win right now. They came out of no where and are immediately making a name for themselves as an aggressive alliance. Which is what you need to do to have success. Say what you want but as far as i'm concerned this is the 2008 super bowl and they're the New York Giants.

League of Delos- I have them in the top 10 of the world by next month. They are also a dark horse to win it and I think can last until the end. They are an uptempo and aggressive alliance. But they need to get more productive as they're in a hostile corner of the world.

Anyways that's what I have feel free to give feedback. Let me know if you liked it. Discuss it or debate it. Do you want more? Etc.

nodcrush, i love your predictions and i think we are pretty much agreeing on this.

i can tell you as a fact that both legion of the damned and dark trilogy have been tested for their defence and it really isn't all that impressive. as for the rest, i agree completely, including your post about truculence. i have predicted in another thread they will be the ones who will surpass venom 2.0 within 5-6 weeks.

it will definitely be close though.

DeletedUser5061

Dai, nod said that V2 is the best alliance right now if you read between the lines and I don't think anyone would disagree with that. he stated that your one problem is going to be "Member retention." If your top 10 players don't stick around, like many top players don't, then you may find yourself in a hard place. Although if your players stick around, I would find myself hard pressed to say that V2 will not be the world winners.

Wasn't talking about V2, I was saying its rather premature to be judging Truculence and saying they will be the top alliance when all they have done to earn such praise is merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My gut feeling. Black Legion will sneak up and bite us all in the butt. Just sayin'

DeletedUser5554

@My name is- thanks for the advice but this wasn't a ranking system just a set of predictions there go I didn't put them in any particular order.

@Daizan- they're up and coming and I think they can do it. But only time will tell bud. Again a lot of people probably won't agree with that call hence why its called a bold prediction. :)

@fwmarta- Black Legion is someone I didn't predict mainly because they seem unpredictable and I don't hear or see much from them. That prediction could be right.

DeletedUser

Check out some of their ABP rankings. Theyve recently been eating the wanderers too. Whos next. I would say they are starting to group well. The groups are their best players. Makes them a threatening force in my eyes. Lets put it this way. If they started getting frisky with CH then I would be going on the D rather than the O like I have

DeletedUser5554

Always good to have some good D in a revolt world. This isn't conquest where offense can be played into defense too. :p

DeletedUser

If your top 10 players don't stick around, like many top players don't, then you may find yourself in a hard place. Although if your players stick around, I would find myself hard pressed to say that V2 will not be the world winners.
Speaking of world winners, I dont agree with you. based on the worlds wonder construction, estimated time to reach it will be another 18 months. Taking into account 13 million points reduction after 6 months, alliances point increase, Paros players depleting to 5000 tops, what will it be? one year? I have never played a world for a year myself, it gets boring after a while specially with all the Pacts/NAPs/Merges in alliances, nothing new :)

So the crown goes to... no one knows, even we might stick around for the first time :)

DeletedUser

Speaking of world winners, I dont agree with you. based on the worlds wonder construction, estimated time to reach it will be another 18 months. Taking into account 13 million points reduction after 6 months, alliances point increase, Paros players depleting to 5000 tops, what will it be? one year? I have never played a world for a year myself, it gets boring after a while specially with all the Pacts/NAPs/Merges in alliances, nothing new :)

So the crown goes to... no one knows, even we might stick around for the first time :)

I entirly agree with what you have said. hence the rest of my post, I was stating that if V2 can hold its player base together, it will remain top dog because it has the most dense player base skill wise. If they can't which it seems from your post they won't, then I highly doubt that V2 will "win the world." I feel like we actually agree almost 100% on this point, but there may have been a bit of an articulation error on my part which convoluted my meaning:)

DeletedUser

Venom have the immense advantage really, alot of their core know each other, premades etc, all within short reach of each other

WHo wouldnt want their set-up

DeletedUser5554

Gotta also calculate that not all of those guys are staying. Or playing at their full power. They might not be able to find the kick they need to stay on top down the last stretch.

DeletedUser

in my honest opinion atm... Black legion will prove to be real dominant soon..
As for Truculence.. they are also a force to reckon and Chaos hunters are very good also.. part is they are simmers.. their aggressiveness lacks a bit of edge. but they might overcome it with the coalition that they had formed.. so who goes for war with whom in the near future will be great to see..

what i can see from now is that a big world war is coming on the way

DeletedUser14167

my opinion:

Venom is the strongest alliance right now. Truculence is gaining bower. But their power is in numbers. they have 35 more members than us. They have surprisingly jumped though the Alliance attacker rankings. Chaos Hunters are legit jokes. like badly. if only i could show you some of what they attack me with. I feel that Truculence and Black Legion are looking MRA ish. but than again Black legion has the third highest BP right now. i feel like the main wars happening right now, and their outcomes will decide the future of paros.

If you look at this map: http://grepointel.com/map.php?server=en61&ref=9krv0h3p9595vbtaujqzhzom102rqbvbmmxxuat
It shows the top four alliances right now, V2, Tru, BL, and CH.

As V2 and chaos are already in total war right now, i feel that Venom will be the outcomed winner( looking at cities taken, also a bit of bias xD)

After that it will end up being a war on two fronts. Truc, Venom, and BL. and the outcome of that will win the world.

but that's just my prediction.

DeletedUser5554

in my honest opinion atm... Black legion will prove to be real dominant soon..
As for Truculence.. they are also a force to reckon and Chaos hunters are very good also.. part is they are simmers.. their aggressiveness lacks a bit of edge. but they might overcome it with the coalition that they had formed.. so who goes for war with whom in the near future will be great to see..

what i can see from now is that a big world war is coming on the way

Not really a world war if everyone is just gaining up on one alliance. That's just more beating down a good alliance as a group because you couldn't hang. Unless someone like DP suddenly pronounces its friendship with V2 then this won't be much of a world war just everyone gaining up on one alliance.