Rejected Get rid of the attack alarm/outside notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser19042

Love the idea..But was proposed a hundred times already..lol

DeletedUser10962

Surely as this has been suggested already this thread will shut. Although the old idea never got to a vote as I recall

DeletedUser39847

True but the basis I am proposing it on is that it is not accessible to everyone. I know players who have smartphones and no access to the alarm myself included.

Surely if a feature is in place it should be widely available to everyone but it would also increase the need for premium also as attack planners and the other feature's.

DeletedUser

or maybe you can only have it active a couple hours a day? i don't want to die while asleep, but i don't think you should have an alarm 24/7

DeletedUser18366

It was much more even ad balanced when the toolbox and apps weren't out, and I think the alarm should go.

DeletedUser29066

Reason:Not everyone has a device that supports the phone app. I myself have a smartphone but won't run the app so in turn this means that not everyone has access to it and if not everyone has access why should only some?

I'm in favor of keeping it. Not everyone has access to internet at home, not everyone has access to internet while at work, not everyone has a laptop, not everyone has an IPad. Not everyone can afford gold. Not everyone has access to the same resources/technology as everyone else. Life is not always fair. Keep the alarm.

DeletedUser5819

I would +rep you for that Hassan, but apparently I need to spread it about.

Some people can only use IE :X

DeletedUser

I agree with you, Hassan. There is no need to make things difficult. Why do people complain about skill when they want to attack an unwary opponent? Surely it is not just me that sees the irony. :p

DeletedUser39847

I'm in favor of keeping it. Not everyone has access to internet at home, not everyone has access to internet while at work, not everyone has a laptop, not everyone has an IPad. Not everyone can afford gold. Not everyone has access to the same resources/technology as everyone else. Life is not always fair. Keep the alarm.

Not really much of that post was a reason to keep the alarm?

The alarm is subject to availability and why should it be? it is a feature that is a game feature supposedly available to all yet it isn't. So it does only advantage some and the advantage is huge. That is my point. I am not saying remove the app just the alarm. You can sign into it and it would still give notification's but just the alarm removal.

I agree with you, Hassan. There is no need to make things difficult. Why do people complain about skill when they want to attack an unwary opponent? Surely it is not just me that sees the irony. :p

I am not debating skill just availability. But why shouldn't it be difficult? strategy is meant to be...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5819

swarren, you seem to have entirely missed every part of the point of Hassan's post, in which he addresses exactly what you are saying.

There are many many things which will help people be successful in the game, most of which are not available to everyone. Some of these are just facts of life, and some are intentionally not available to all.

The alarm is available to a large number of players, as is premium. This is not the welfare state. This is not a 1970s school where the able must be held back so the less able will achieve the same.

:pro:

If you can afford to buy a smartphone, pay for premium, play at work, only sleep half the night, read the wiki, farm every 5 minutes, persuade a good alliance you are worth it, etc etc then you will do better. Not many people can manage all these things, but hey, if we were all the same where would the fun be?

So the alarm isn't available to everyone. Not much is.

DeletedUser18132

I agree, either put the alarm on both mobile and computer versions, or remove it completely.

DeletedUser39847

Sirloin you seem to be missing my point also...I use premium I have a smartphone but can't support the app. not a bad smartphone either.

"The alarm is available to a large number of players, as is premium. This is not the welfare state. This is not a 1970s school where the able must be held back so the less able will achieve the same." Interesting as I find the able players are more for it being scrapped.

People have the option to pay for premium, 5 min farm, only sleep half the night ect ect but should an option such as the app have such a big advantage such as an alarm?

Surely that is an in-balance to those that don't, in a way that skill cannot compensate. Atleast if the alarm was gone there is still the option to use the app but it balances out for those who don't have the option.

DeletedUser

I like the app & its alarm. It gives you a chance to defend, it raises the competition. What I like most about it is what I just mentioned, which it gives you a chance. This game is already as monotonous as it is. Having an alarm that brings out more actions from a defender which brings out more interaction overall. This ultimately will require a person to coordinate attacks better. Create more operations and coordination just to beat someone with an alarm. Unlike the opposite when you can catch someone offline where it becomes easy. Thus in perspective having an alarm challenges both parties and makes the game more competitive overall. Just my two cents, I'm for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.