Rejected Get rid of the attack alarm/outside notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser41390

Working 12+ hrs a day I rely on both the mobile app and attack alarm to play. Without these I could not play to an enjoyable level.
The game is made so people of all walks of life can play, that's part of the beauty of it. I sugest if you cant take a city you read some of the guides and ask plenty of questions of the better players to improve your game play :pro:

DeletedUser

I see that there 2 opinion. first is removing alarm, which i think most of player support it is about under 24 age. they still are student, dont have to worry much about earn money to running the house. just go to school for about 3-5 hours a day, some do halftime work for 3-4 hours, some don't so they have much time sit in front of the computer to see if an attack is coming.
the other is want to keep alarm, which above 24 age, they have to do fulltime job, do extra time job to run their life, making relationship to other. they only online on Pc for about 2-4 hour a day, may be more but not much so they do want an alarm about attack is coming on their cellphone.
As long as there still 2 kind of player i have told above, this idea will go to no where, it may good for half of player, but will be bad for the other

DeletedUser

yeah or build a robot to do it for you. Oh wait that be the phone ap.

DeletedUser33530

I see that there 2 opinion. first is removing alarm, which i think most of player support it is about under 24 age. they still are student, dont have to worry much about earn money to running the house. just go to school for about 3-5 hours a day, some do halftime work for 3-4 hours, some don't so they have much time sit in front of the computer to see if an attack is coming.
the other is want to keep alarm, which above 24 age, they have to do fulltime job, do extra time job to run their life, making relationship to other. they only online on Pc for about 2-4 hour a day, may be more but not much so they do want an alarm about attack is coming on their cellphone.
As long as there still 2 kind of player i have told above, this idea will go to no where, it may good for half of player, but will be bad for the other

Where are you getting those times from?

DeletedUser45302

Should get rid of this attacking alarm! No good to anyone!! Those who wish to keep it will soon be on here complaining about how they have attacked one with the alarm clock app!! After all isn't the MOBILE APP been made for this exact reason for players who can't get on there laptop so they can check for incomings while on the move?? now this no good alarm app has been introduced!

If your on/offline times have been compromised then that's your problem for being too predictable isn't it! Oh yeah alarm goes off I fly on to ask for support no wait I should of already had LTS in my city if it's under threat or on a frontline!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

Remove the Attack Alarm/Outside Notifications

Proposal: Remove the attack alarm and any outside notifications of incoming attacks.

Reason: Players can be offline for days without being attacked, get notified (by the attack alarm/app) and dodge/activate milita. The player SHOULD be receiving the notifications in-game by the standard lit up swords and the "your city is under attack" notification. Sounds can wake someone who is sleeping or attract someone not at the computer while images do not attract nearly as much attention unless the person is actually PAYING attention.

Details: Remove the attack alarm and outside notifications of incoming attacks to fix the abuses.

Visual Aids:X

Balance/Abuse Prevention: This fixes the abuse of people not playing the game yet being able to dodge attacks and activate militia due to notifications and the attack alarm.

DeletedUser31385

Appears searching "attack alarm" was not enough even though it is in the title of what I just found. I had to search at post level to find it. Threads merged. Now marked as an improvement due to request from many people.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

scrapping attack alarm would make this game much more strategic and more interesting IMO..might also encourage people to learn the game properly too. Like a broken record i will say it again, gold use has become ridiculous. Its why so many were against Instant build..but the recent manti nuke in 9 hrs during events is making conquest in particular a nightmare. Noobs raining death from above - been hit by the same city several times wiping their manta's and they just keep golding and golding more..very frustrating. the back snipe in conquest now requires no more than attack alarm and a credit card to beat

DeletedUser

I completely disagree with this idea.

Whilst I enjoy the game it should not dictate my whole life, all that scrapping the alarm does is give an advantage to those that can afford to spend 24/7 online.

There are more important and beneficial improvements that can be made instead of taking a step backwards.

This shouldn't happen.

DeletedUser2413

I echo the sentiments of cantareli above me. Seriously not going to spend every waking moment on Grepolis... In a particular speed 4 world you can have a cs on you in under 10min. Quick decisive actions must be made in a world like that. Having the ability to be notified for ic attacks is crucial if you plan on doing anything outside Frivolous - I mean Grepolis.

Maybe if they did away with the ability to outright gold things, rather than reduce times you could safely kill players' cs around you and be safe for an allotted amount of time... but with the ability to gold a cs you have no idea if you will see one in 5 min again.... but I won't suggest such a thing as I'm too lazy myself to wait and actually PLAN in a strategy game to build a cs.

DeletedUser31385

This idea is eligible for a revote, please continue discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.