I saw the TV commercial, the Greek theme caught my eye, I'm here to see for myself!

DeletedUser

As to presumption; for instance, please enlighten me!

Personally, I don't find it presumptive but if look at your comment as an less enlightened person, you'll see what I'm talking about. Looking at situation trough other people eyes is always a sign of intelligence and a good way to practice it.

DeletedUser

Personally, I don't find it presumptive but if look at your comment as an less enlightened person, you'll see what I'm talking about. Looking at situation trough other people eyes is always a sign of intelligence and a good way to practice it.
For someone to believe they can see through others eyes, is just an illusion. While it's true that we have some similarities, they're basic. As to the psyche, they are always continuously variable; just an illusion!.

DeletedUser

For someone to believe they can see through others eyes, is just an illusion. While it's true that we have some similarities, they're basic. As to the psyche, they are always continuously variable; just an illusion!.

See why I don't like philosophy? It just makes everything more complicate than things really are, when I wrote trough people eyes, I meant from a different perspective that other people might have has it own.

DeletedUser

See why I don't like philosophy? It just makes everything more complicate than things really are, when I wrote trough people eyes, I meant from a different perspective that other people might have has it own.

Yes, I agree, communication can be a big problem. Especially here in a one way at a time electronic forum. In person we could see each others inflections, through eye contact, posturing, etc, plus it's almost instantaneous, no time for misconception to dig in deep.

DeletedUser35431

Maybe I'll start calling you Raiden! ;)

AND I QUOTE:
Maybe the insult was contained within you, a self image aberration , a scar if you will, that might come from, lets say, childhood, as we 'all' some some of that!
DOUBLE POST!
Oh and BTW, even though you have no control over how it is taken, you knew it insulted him yet you carried on!

No, you just said that!!!! Tommy Lifeson, the knave(archaic), from Equalopolis, student of Socrates, born at the feet of the Acropolis, knows only equality amongst men, I only ever speak of difference. The differences between us! For instance: I can enlighten you as to the PRF, PW, and Carrier of the APS115. But that's only because I was near it, it was my job to learn about it, just like that which you know that I don't, men only ever have differences, they are in fact all equal, you speak of "Apples and Oranges, my friend!" :)

Rather, we are each the culmination, of the continuously variable permutations, of individual experience!

Within your comment I see...

It matters not!

We are ever only different!

So says the knave(archaic)!

At University, argument is a respected form of communication, and is different than bickering squabbling or fighting! It's called debate!
QUADRUPLE POST!!!
That is spam. There are two types. Your one, posting with verbal diarrhea, which nobody likes. The other is the kind where you go Off-Topic. And you do that in the Off-Topic forum!

OK, when one uses fictitious words, they should clue the others in. ;)

Please define "IT," as contained in your minds eye? Enlighten us!
DOUBLE POST!!!
Just shush!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

nickry, you really are not one to talk.

also i wasn't insulted, he can call me water as much as he wants :p

DeletedUser35431

Maybe I'll start calling you Raiden! ;)

AND I QUOTE:
Maybe the insult was contained within you, a self image aberration , a scar if you will, that might come from, lets say, childhood, as we 'all' some some of that!
DOUBLE POST!
Oh and BTW, even though you have no control over how it is taken, you knew it insulted him yet you carried on!

No, you just said that!!!! Tommy Lifeson, the knave(archaic), from Equalopolis, student of Socrates, born at the feet of the Acropolis, knows only equality amongst men, I only ever speak of difference. The differences between us! For instance: I can enlighten you as to the PRF, PW, and Carrier of the APS115. But that's only because I was near it, it was my job to learn about it, just like that which you know that I don't, men only ever have differences, they are in fact all equal, you speak of "Apples and Oranges, my friend!" :)

Rather, we are each the culmination, of the continuously variable permutations, of individual experience!

Within your comment I see...

It matters not!

We are ever only different!

So says the knave(archaic)!

At University, argument is a respected form of communication, and is different than bickering squabbling or fighting! It's called debate!
QUADRUPLE POST!!!
That is spam. There are two types. Your one, posting with verbal diarrhea, which nobody likes. The other is the kind where you go Off-Topic. And you do that in the Off-Topic forum!

OK, when one uses fictitious words, they should clue the others in. ;)

Please define "IT," as contained in your minds eye? Enlighten us!
DOUBLE POST!!!
Just shush!

hossie=horsie=horse

tell me are there absolutes?

CHALNA! How dare you doube post?

That, my friend, is not for me to decide, only you know you that well!

Thanks for the clarification, so then, a reference to the Trojan gift?
Flip! Do you not get that mods are going to destroy you?

Ahhh! a philosopher, ehhh?

That's a good question! What do you think?

I never used the word stupid, you just did! Quote me if you think otherwise!
My oh my. Not even CoD has this degree of verbal diarrhea!
So you are calling yourself an attacker???

I am not your enemy, my friend. I see that you are from Portugal. That means two separate languages, to learn! My hats off to you, I only blunder at one. ;)
This is just sad!
As to presumption; for instance, please enlighten me!

Was it the Golfing metaphor? Please elaborate. ;)
COME ON!!!

Others that you have done!
Did you see the question? You are seemingly a selective reader! Does that somehow behoove you?

Actually Spartacus was a Thracian which were a group of Indo-European tribes inhabiting a large area in Central and Southeastern Europe. They were bordered by the Scythians to the north, the Celts and the Illyrians to the west, the Ancient Greeks to the south and the Black Sea to the east. They spoke the Thracian language – a scarcely attested branch of the Indo-European language family. However the Name is of Ancient Greek origin.

Double.

No one can be a troll, they can only troll. It is an action, something that is done, and anyone can do it.

To not care, means to not reply! So says Psych 101.

No you misunderstood, I'm currently in protected mode, and cannot be attacked. I was talking of destroying now, long before I could ever be attacked. It was an epiphany of sorts, that I decided to share, though it would seem I should have known better.

You must be an internet newbie, a troll is someone that joins a group/forum/thread to go fishing. They go from group/forum/thread to group/forum/thread, that's the trolling. They are hoping to catch a fish, for the sake of 'argument' only, which is actually respected at university, argument, that is! But the OP (Original Poster) of a thread can never be a troll, as he is the one asking the question, initiating the dialog. It's the passerby's that can't move along if they have nothing nice to say, that are the trolls, so says netiquette 101. Anything other is a misunderstanding, a newbies permutation, to suit their own needs.

Quadruple!

Then obviously you have no idea what a troll is.

Thanks, for the first bit, that's usually how I've done it in other games.

Was not poking to see what reaction I could get, rather looking for some of like mind, looks like there are none. Don't blame me for people that will react at any cost. They could have passed right by!

Thanks for the tip, but I think I'll live my own life, like I expect you to live yours!
Double. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

This is horrid! That is now ten times you have breached the rules! And in one thread!

DeletedUser

DOUBLE POST!

QUADRUPLE POST!!!

DOUBLE POST!!!
Just shush!
I'm sorry but it would seem that 'your' concept of double, triple, or to what ever magnitude post, is only shared by you!
And who do you think you are to tell anyone to shush!

My words are valuable, to those that care to hear, they are 'only' ever aimed at the manifestation of the 'positive' things in life. Anyone can take them or leave them, it is solely up to them.
It would seem some's intolerance knows no bounds, such that my pity abounds.

DeletedUser35431

I'm sorry but it would seem that 'your' concept of double, triple, or to what ever magnitude post, is only shared by you!
And who do you think you are to tell anyone to shush!

My words are valuable, to those that care to hear, they are 'only' ever aimed at the manifestation of the 'positive' things in life. Anyone can take them or leave them, it is solely up to them.
It would seem some's intolerance knows no bounds, such that my pity abounds.

1: I have been on this forum longer than you
2: I am not in denial that you words are useful, but please post according to rules. And nobody likes what you do. It is the bad kind of spam.
3: I will ask a mod to clean this up

DeletedUser

1: I have been on this forum longer than you
Which obviously has nothing to do with politeness.

2: I am not in denial that you words are useful, but please post according to rules.
We should let the mod decide that, it's not your job.

And nobody likes what you do.
I'm sure everybody likes the fact that you speak for them.

It is the bad kind of spam.
spam (spæm)
— vb , spams , spamming , spammed
1. to send unsolicited electronic mail or text messages simultaneously to a number of e-mail addresses or mobile phones.

— n
2. unsolicited electronic mail or text messages sent in this way

I'm sorry, but it would seem that you and the dictionary have a major difference of opinion.

3: I will ask a mod to clean this up
Please do, but I would ask the mod to please not delete your words if he feels inclined to do so, as it's not my mission to silence anyone. I believe in free speech and as such, shall always defend my worst adversaries right to do so.
I, Tommy Lifeson, have answered Nickry's (in black) previous post, above (in red), for a point by point presentation. The Blue text above is compliments of dictionary.com, who took it from the Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition 2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009

DeletedUser

Hi there,
It may be worth reading the forum rules..

I can't believe this, but I am actually going to agree with Nickry.
Double posting etc is just annoying, especially when there is an 'Edit' button right there. This isn't up for debate, it is against the rules.

DeletedUser

There isn't a specific rule against multi-posting, actually.

DeletedUser

Oh how I hate you right now. :D

It counts as spam/unnecessary posting, covered here:
Spam and off topic comments will be deleted. This includes comments such as “In before Lock” and one word posts. If you wish to let the poster know you approve or disapprove of their post, please use the reputation system.

Someone will be dropping by to tidy this thread up a bit later.

Tom

DeletedUser

Hi there,
It may be worth reading the forum rules..

I can't believe this, but I am actually going to agree with Nickry.
Double posting etc is just annoying, especially when there is an 'Edit' button right there. This isn't up for debate, it is against the rules.
I have, several times, and there is no mention of this "double posting" "thing" that you mention, and in all my years, which are, quite extensive, more than any civilian's, of being on the ARPANET/internet, (both were/are TCP/IP packet switching networks), I've never heard of such an "animal." Please provide a definition from a reputable/authoritative source, and I'll stand corrected! Until then, to me, you's two are speaking gibberish, not to be mean, but rather, "accurate!"

DeletedUser

Ok, here is a reputable/semi-authoritative source telling you that your posts will be merged.
Double posting is a nuisance and it counts as spam.

There are certain situations when it is ok, e.g. if you post in a thread and then no one replies and you 'bump' it at a later date. Simply posting multiple posts, one after the other, just for the sake of it (as you have done) is against the rules.

Stop doing it.

DeletedUser

Ok, here is a reputable/semi-authoritative source telling you that your posts will be merged.
Double posting is a nuisance and it counts as spam.

There are certain situations when it is ok, e.g. if you post in a thread and then no one replies and you 'bump' it at a later date. Simply posting multiple posts, one after the other, just for the sake of it (as you have done) is against the rules.

Stop doing it.
You are wrong, dead wrong. I could care less where my posts are. At the end of the list is fine with me. I do not "BUMP," You don't know what that is either. In each case I am talking to a 'different' person as to what it is they said. That is not bumping or double posting. To bump, means that "no one" has said anything in your thread and you basically reply to yourself in order to "Bump" it back to the top. Reread, and I think you'll find, upon closer scrutiny, that I've done no such thing. As I suspected, your and his ignorance has caused you to complain about an illusion, only held in your own minds. One should 'know' before opening mouth and inserting foot. No disrespect intended, just a lesson contained in ones terms, a definition.

DeletedUser

If you read my post more closely, you'd see that i was saying that 'bumping' is ok.
What you are doing is not bumping, and so it isn't ok.

I am a moderator on these forums. I am telling you that something is against the rules. You'd do well to listen to me on this.

DeletedUser14397

1: I have been on this forum longer than you AND
2: I am not in denial that you words are useful, but please post according to rules. And nobody likes what you do. It is the bad kind of spam. Guess your a spam buster then :rolleyes:
3: I will ask a mod to clean this up Great guy (SW)

happy spam busting