Top 12 Sink-or-Swim

• Thread starter Greygnarl The Destroyer
  • Start date

Zarun-

Strategos
Don't feel like making a new top 12 so how about we review my old one for accuracy?

1. Tidal Surge - High octane inner-rim alliance. Reminds me of The Nazgul. High offense and untested in defense so far. It's possible they'll fold if they start getting hit hard. They got a big take in TimothyyN jumping the sinking ship but also lost jinsl001 to Knights. How that will affect other high profile players remains to be seen. Float
Yeah that's exactly what happened.

2. Knights who say Ni - What is a "Ni" I wonder? Great alliance, solid leadership. Big steal in getting jinsl001 to join. Very high paced offense and seem to be able to defend themselves well. Not much else to say except keep up the good work. Swim
Yep spot on.

3. Acid Reign - Avoiding bias, won't comment.
Suppose I should say the same thing here.

4. Beltaine - Seems to be the wild card for the alliances competing around them. Everyone wants them on their side, and for good reason. Looks like they are doing a fine job in the diplomatically-convoluted world thus far. Have had successes in pretty much all of their wars as well. Swim
Two alliances in the top ten as hata an fhir. I'd call that swimming.

5. Morning Glory - A dark horse who came out to take over O45. They betrayed a NAP with Acid Reign and had great success in the subsequent OP vs them, causing a few quits and a high profile player jumping over to them. However they still have Beltaine to worry about. How long will the peace last? For now they seem to be doing well but are starting to run out of space to expand in the east and north. Which direction they decide to go in will determine the future of their alliance. Float

#6 now. Pretty much a float yep.

6. Pandamonium - Looked up stats for this one. A lot of internal takes lately. Some losses to Knights. Their northern 54 cluster is probably toast. Solid leadership in Ituralde, a guy who knows how to manipulate things to his alliance's benefit. They are starting to come up against Dragons in O44 which could mean big trouble if they have to fend off Knights as well. Zero Point is pretty much at his playing point (no pun intended) as well and is likely to leave the world in the near future. All these factors combined cause me to give what may be a surprise prediction for some people. Sink

Yeah they sank.

7. Dragons Legion - Seemed to me like these guys came out of nowhere and started demolishing stuff. I have personally supported cities vs their offense. Fared well for a bit but eventually got tore up by their persistence and relentless attacking style. If they can defend as well as they can attack then alliances around them are in big trouble. Swim

Unfortunately they couldn't defend as well as they could attack so I called this one wrong. They are sinking atm.

8. Warlords - A well known alliance with well known players. They seem to be playing the diplomatic card and only moving in on alliances when they are weakened. Have heard conflicting stories about how they play. Some say they are honorable and reputable. Others say they play dirty and will pounce at the first moment of weakness. They seem to be doing well and if they can continue the diplomatic balancing act, they'll keep moving up. A mis-step could be deadly for them though. This server is a numbers game and they don't seem to have that going for them right now. Float

NWO is pretty much Warlords and a few others put together. They're doing pretty well.

9. Sinners who say Ni - See Knights.
Yeah see above.

10. Painful Reality - Started strong in O55 and was having success against Tequila Mockingbird until the AR/TM merger. Still picking a few cities off AR here and there, but losing cities to them as well. Seem to have caused a stir vs Beltaine at the same time. With vinschat's history of quitting worlds, things are not looking well for them here. Their allies will likely drop them at the first sign of major trouble. Sink

Sank faster than a stone recently but some of their quality players are still around.

11. The League of Legions - Excellent defenders and are starting to pick up the pace offensively. They find themselves in a position where there is heavy competition for territory though and they won't get far if they keep turtling. Something's gotta change for them if they want to move up more quickly. Float

They've done a good job of playing Switzerland all server but now that they're finally having to face two top ten alliances at once is showing that they're not invulnerable.

12. Acid.Reign - See Acid Reign.

I saw it.

BONUS

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but BARBARIANS have popped up in this world. After taking a beating in the core in Eubea, seems like they have decided to start out on the rim. Lots of familiar names here. Watch for them to be in the top 12 soon imo. Currently 48th. Swim

13 THE BARBARIANS 4280911 49 87366

Overall I give myself a B+

There, someone did a top 12. Now the petty bickering can continue.

Zarun-

Strategos
It's partially accurate.

I know the story. Blaine ghosted, Archangel followed him, rest jumped ship and the whole thing crashed.

But you guys were getting hit hard at the time. :)

DeletedUser22940

who are you kidding?
they were together all along
same crew from Ialysos, just in different names
didn't want the whole world to give up from the beginning this time so I give them credit for waiting to make their 200+ player drop apparent until later in teh game...

DeletedUser32029

Don't know why people are bragging too much, there are two coalitions in this world, when you add up the numbers anti-coalition has much more player then Ni's coalition.
People who have played this world from start or say those who were with NI's or not in Ni's destruction path will know when did dragons and NI's pacted.
The sheer fact we have proven ourself better then almost all team and some are now looking for excuses.

Love to see how people thought's change with group change.

DeletedUser

I second ashik01 I play from day one, first was with Warloards, then when half of us merged into NI, stayed here, so I`ve been of both sides, it is exactly the same, shared DEF and etc... just our front now is more active, have better skilled players and support each other way better then the other side... don`t get me wrong there is lots of really good players, most played in numerous worlds with and against each other... Com on, stop crying that someone is loosing :pro: its war, someone is bound to loose, just take it like a man (no offense against female players, just an expression :D )

DeletedUser

Better skilled players? I forgot how good the likes of Viv and Eddie are. A few players do all the work in your alliance, most of them are simmers. (I'm not saying we're much better.)

Looking at the overall stats hata are 25 conquers ahead overall, this is just between the knights alliances and the hata alliances, not the rest.

DeletedUser

both sides has grepo profs and simmers, active and inactive players, these discussions are pointless, I think lets go back to sink or swim as this thread was meant for... Both sides think they are better, lets prove it by actions in the game, not by discussions in the forums...

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
both sides has grepo profs and simmers, active and inactive players, these discussions are pointless, I think lets go back to sink or swim as this thread was meant for... Both sides think they are better, lets prove it by actions in the game, not by discussions in the forums...

What he said ^^^^

DeletedUser

1c422f33c3.png

Heard of walls LoL?

Hey, LoL, I guess you guys still haven't heard about walls.

fe35228e71.png

DeletedUser38168

wow harry u really r a superstar arnt u i wish i was as good as u

DeletedUser22650

they're some nice shots, and philvgr, chill out and remember its a game, 12 posts and you're red allready, maybe try to lighten up a bit :)

DeletedUser46324

Yeah I'm just waiting for them to change their name to Eviction Notice like it should be.

Can't do that, kron is still in Ialysos, and EN without kron is like hats without heads. Dragons pacted knights because they were familiar from other worlds, but were not sisters in the beginning.

AR were between the first alliances that pushed for an academy, why are you whining?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

anyone interested in doing another top 12...a lot of movement recently...