Persian conquest feedback and questions?

Richard

Strategos
Hi guys,

This thread is for discussing the Persian Conquest, we will also endeavor to answer any questions posed here.

Thanks

Richard

DeletedUser30490

like the concept and rewards,but what's with the no reports?
why would anyone want to waste nukes and not know what they're hitting...is a wall spy not even possible?

DeletedUser

Thought we would get reports for attacking?no reports for supporting i guess.

Are we getting bps for attacking?

DeletedUser24285

OK Richard, there is one fundamental question that has been bugging me;-

There is to be one supercity per ocean - correct?

Now will this supercity have just one set of defenders, for whoever is attacking it or will it have a set of defenders for each alliance that attacks it. In other words is it going to be a "free for all" where the first alliance to conquer and hold (assuming a Conquest world) gets the city and the relevant prize. Or is there like a "separate account" ( the same, separate number of defenders for each attacking alliance).

I am rather assuming that it will be the former (ie a free for all) where an one alliance could waste all its offence getting rid of the defence and another could cunningly jump in with the first conquest and massive defence).

Which is it? Or is there another set-up that I have not thought of ??????

DeletedUser46838

This thing is weird. I want to have reports so I know what I'm hitting

DeletedUser

Rich, will it be possible for an alliance to get 2 rewards by taking 2 of the cities?

DeletedUser34426

They started this Artemisia/Persian conquest 30/9 at the Dutch server. It is a total failure.
They hope to fix some bugs 6/10.

I think they should postpone this Artemisia/Persian conquest on this server for at least a week, so there can be more testing.
Make sure that it is really nice for attackers. So it is a real birthday-party.

DeletedUser

Rich I assume the hotfix that is coming to the dutch servers is already implemented when the vent starts here? (the hotfix that makes sure you cant support the city before you have a CS in there)

DeletedUser23986

Do the developers realise going in blind is not the part of strategy of any good player?

DeletedUser

now what would be far more interesting would be a real persian conquest... A city dropped in each ocean that can attack surrounding players and conquest their cities. As is natural with persian conquest. The PC cannot build units, units can be transferred from the main army to protect its new cities.

Be interesting to see how many poorly run alliances collapse as a result of this version :D

DeletedUser46838

Would be funny to see a player sending 1K Slinger with LS and find all their slingers sunk

DeletedUser23986

Would be funny to see a player sending 1K Slinger with LS and find all their slingers sunk

it would be even more funny to send 2k birs and to wake up next to find them missing, and you will never know how or when they died!

DeletedUser38930

This is rubbish!!! Hyperborea is being shown as the only world NOT to get this. it seems just an excuse not to give those that wish to fight the opportunity of getting some bonus prizes.

We want the Persian conquest available in Hyperborea.

Hyper is still a war game and people are still fighting...it is not and never was advertised as Sim City. The fact that you cannot lose your city is the main difference between this world and the others - NOT that it is a peaceful world.

People have spent a lot of money on this game and it would be nice to get something back, as the other worlds are getting.

We have had other bonus games and conquests in here, so why not this one?!!!! we received harpies / bonus pop and x2 BP before, so this is no different.

what it may actually encourage is those that were "sim builders" before to actually use their bonuses and fight - and thereby even spend gold as well...or has no-one thought that far ahead?

DeletedUser

This is rubbish!!! Hyperborea is being shown as the only world NOT to get this. it seems just an excuse not to give those that wish to fight the opportunity of getting some bonus prizes.

Hyper is still a war game and people are still fighting...it is not and never was advertised as Sim City. The fact that you cannot lose your city is the main difference between this world and the others - NOT that it is a peaceful world.

People have spent a lot of money on this game and it would be nice to get something back, as the other worlds are getting.

We have had other bonus games and conquests in here, so why not this one?!!!! we received harpies / bonus pop and x2 BP before, so this is no different.

what it may actually encourage is those that were "sim builders" before to actually use their bonuses and fight - and thereby even spend gold as well...or has no-one thought that far ahead?

since no one can lose a city in hyper, neither can artemisia. so no persian conquest. :p

DeletedUser

hahaha, why did you join hyperborea if you want to fight lol. It is literally pointless to fight in that world :p

DeletedUser31057

Why a supercity becomes normal city once conquered? This is unfair! We want the supercity as token! as pretty sure we'll lost a tons of forces, and a tons of resources to rebuild them!

DeletedUser

Supercity, Persian Event

Has anyone really looked at the rewards. Honestly I would have loved to get bp from this, but the whole key to this game is managing population. These rewards ARE HUGE. I for one am not worried about torching everything I have to blow apart this city. In essence you ARE turning YOUR city into a SUPER CITY with expanded population.
Ya know what makes this a super city? NOTHING!!! it's a mod controlled city that's called a supercity in name alone because it has alot of units. So the thought that you want a SUPERCITY, well then make your own!
Farls

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-01-13-49-56-1-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-01-13-49-56-1-1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 31