Newspaper Zancle Newz~Issue II

• Thread starter DeletedUser46838
  • Start date

DeletedUser27128

that's one alliance. One alliance at war isn't a coalition.

coalition-an alliance for combined action, especially a temporary alliance of political parties forming a government or of states.
alliance-An alliance is a pact or friendship between two or more parties, made in order to advance common goals and to secure common interests.
you need an organized resistance effort between two or more alliance against you guys for you to say there is a coalition against you. You fighting everyone does not mean everyone is in a coalition against you.

From the interviews, its these alliances so far:

House Lannister
The Empire
Ravens Republic

And possibly Hector's House/The Wildcards.

Read the interviews, specially the one by jackaroo.

DeletedUser33530

Read the interviews, specially the one by jackaroo.

Well we haven't had a full out war yet, just a few skirmishes here and there with Triad as they throw their weight around but our allies and us can handle them. The Horde Of Haides was our initial target as they went for the "Join us or die" approach but they crumbled after they realised our size and experience and most joined us.
Sort of. I had some mates from Alpha, Kos and other worlds pop up in Ravens Republic so we talked and gained our first pact with them. Through them we talked with The Empire and made a close coalition between us. Triad attacked here and there so we supported each other as you would expect. So no, the coalition wasn't specifically formed against Triad but they attacked us so we are beginning to fight them.
ok so your claim to fame is you are winning a war against a coalition that isn't in a full out war against you, has been taking mostly defense actions so far, and wasn't even formed to fight you guys. That's it. That is all that mighty triad, that shall rain down judgement upon the world, has as proof of their superiority in this world? Let me save you some trouble. Yes everybody. An alliance that essentially won two worlds can actually not collapse after having some attacks defended against.

DeletedUser27128

There are no wars yet. And I never said we are winning it. All I said was that there is a coalition already in place, to take our alliance out in the future. Read all my posts in this thread and tell me where I said we are winning the "war" against this "coalition".

I had no idea about any sort of coalition against us before this newspaper. Everything I have said is based on what I read and my interpretation of whats in the paper.

Point #2, since the server opened, people have been commenting that Triad members want "fame" ... where in this thread are we bragging about ourselves?? Not one single post. I for one treat all opponents seriously, like any normal person.

Other alliances (namely House Lannister, The Empire) are the ones who brag about being so good (see interviews again), etc etc, are the ones creating this "coalition" the newspaper speaks of, which clearly implies that THEY are scared of facing us (yeah you will probably count this as "bragging", but you know its true if several top alliances feel the need to form a coalition against one lower ranked alliance at this stage...).

You claim that you defended a siege. But you needed 3 FULL TOP ALLIANCES TO DO SO. Congrats on defending one city from us when you have 4x the number of our players.

All I will say now is that never underestimate any alliance, but never overestimate anyone too. If you really are as good as you claim, then go solo, with minimal allies. You brag how good you are when you are surrounded by nothing but green dots. Any good alliance doesn't do that.

DeletedUser33530

There are no wars yet. And I never said we are winning it. All I said was that there is a coalition already in place, to take our alliance out in the future. Read all my posts in this thread and tell me where I said we are winning the "war" against this "coalition".

I had no idea about any sort of coalition against us before this newspaper. Everything I have said is based on what I read and my interpretation of whats in the paper.
Ok you have me here

Point #2, since the server opened, people have been commenting that Triad members want "fame" ... where in this thread are we bragging about ourselves?? Not one single post. I for one treat all opponents seriously, like any normal person.
in this thread? No where.

Other alliances (namely House Lannister, The Empire) are the ones who brag about being so good (see interviews again), etc etc, are the ones creating this "coalition" the newspaper speaks of, which clearly implies that THEY are scared of facing us (yeah you will probably count this as "bragging", but you know its true if several top alliances feel the need to form a coalition against one lower ranked alliance at this stage...).
they are the ones allying themselves to ensure their mutual survival. Creating a coalition was not the goal.
they clearly say they didn't make there coalition against you so how that shows they are scared of you is beyond me.
I do count that as bragging.
Get this into your head. They DID NOT form a coalition to fight you. They are all pacted with each other for protection in general not to fight you as was clearly stated.

You claim that you defended a siege. But you needed 3 FULL TOP ALLIANCES TO DO SO. Congrats on defending one city from us when you have 4x the number of our players.
the only claim i have ever seen that they did this has been made by triad guys.

All I will say now is that never underestimate any alliance, but never overestimate anyone too. If you really are as good as you claim, then go solo, with minimal allies. You brag how good you are when you are surrounded by nothing but green dots. Any good alliance doesn't do that.
The only thing worse than going to war with allies is going to war without allies.

DeletedUser27128

The only thing worse than going to war with allies is going to war without allies.

Going solo doesn't ncessarily mean alone, an ally is always helpful... but to have a whole group of pacts, thats just cowardice.

They need 3 alliances to defend themselves? What a joke. Now I'm going to end this debate, as apparently defending your alliance on the forums counts as bragging...

Triad as they throw their weight around but our allies and us can handle them.
I expect Triad to be here for a while despite the war, us, The Empire and Ravens Republic should make it for a long time and Hector's House.

DeletedUser33530

Going solo doesn't ncessarily mean alone,
You are right it doesn't necessarily mean that. It literally means that.:rolleyes:
an ally is always helpful... but to have a whole group of pacts, thats just cowardice.
Yes exactly. Having many allies is cowardly and always guarantee that you will lose. You know, no including WW1, WW2, and just about every damn war in history.
They have chosen the strategy that has appeared to work throughout history. Doesn't always work in grepo but worth a shot. Everyone has their plans to win. They have their allies you have your spies.

They need 3 alliances to defend themselves? What a joke.
Oh so what you just said was a joke? Oh good for a second i thought you had accused others of completely misinterpreting the obvious and then did the same.
On the off chance that wasn't a joke though, when did anyone say or prove that they needed three alliances to defend themselves. What was said was that they are defending each other. That was it. Also is defending themselves attacking you? No. So are they a coalition against you? no.

Now I'm going to end this debate, as apparently defending your alliance on the forums counts as bragging...
we just went through this right. We just said that this
was the only instance of you bragging and this wasn't defending your alliance.

DeletedUser

Let it be me to be the one to be honest..

You put a lot of effort and time into this newspaper and I appreciate that, but one thing, YOU NEED MORE COLOR .. Way too much plain black brown, more pictures to catch peoples eyes and the fun section could be more .. Fun. How about, "What Changed ?", post a spoiler of the newspaper and change something, could be a single letter or a picture then let people look for what changed for a prize. Other than that its good, I like the interviews.

Hopefully I can do the next newspaper, if I have the time.

Edit : Since I barely read the argument between Bond and CoD, CoD you dont understand that they did form a coalition against us.. Whatever they say otherwise is a lie, they had formed this coalition before BP ended claiming that they were defending themselves when realm they were just waiting for us to make the first move, how do you explain all the LTS in Two Steps From Hell's "old" city. They were already prepared.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43070

Well The Empire isn't really in the coalition anymore as they don't attack Triad (maybe sometimes but otherwise no)

These are fully part of the coalition:

House Lannister
Ravens Republic

Other alliances attacking Triad:

Alpha Dogs
Pirates

DeletedUser

From the interviews, its these alliances so far:

House Lannister
The Empire
Ravens Republic

And possibly Hector's House/The Wildcards.

Don't bother with HH ... Terror will just bore you to death with fancy words

DeletedUser33530

Edit : Since I barely read the argument between Bond and CoD, CoD you dont understand that they did form a coalition against us.. Whatever they say otherwise is a lie, they had formed this coalition before BP ended claiming that they were defending themselves when realm they were just waiting for us to make the first move, how do you explain all the LTS in Two Steps From Hell's "old" city. They were already prepared.

So your proof that they planned to fight is that they seemly prepare to defend two cities solely against you guys? Also apparently they made the first move yet they somehow knew what cities to defend against you guys before you were attacking and or spying.
So our options are that this group of alliances can tell the future or that Triad made the first move against a group of pacted alliance that had no plans against them and now they are claiming a coalition was formed against them just to look cool.
Dear Triad,
You guys basically won two worlds! You don't need to exaggerate the truth to look good.

One more thing. Waiting for you to make the first move is not attacking you or threatening you. Not by any extent.

DeletedUser17748

Im pretty sure we (HL) are the only ones properly attacking them... Literally nothing from the empire and ravens

DeletedUser33530

Still though does it really even matter. Just win the war then brag about. Don't brag that you are fighting against people in a war game. It makes no sense and it paints a good alliance very badly.

DeletedUser

Still though does it really even matter. Just win the war then brag about. Don't brag that you are fighting against people in a war game. It makes no sense and it paints a good alliance very badly.

Like almost every Triad member has stated, we aren't bragging. Players like yourself keep putting words in our mouths claiming that we are bragging. Saying we attacked a player or conquered cities isn't bragging.

DeletedUser40768

Like almost every Triad member has stated, we aren't bragging. Players like yourself keep putting words in our mouths claiming that we are bragging. Saying we attacked a player or conquered cities isn't bragging.

I don't know about that, before protection ended it seemed people were talking about how awesome Triad was. lol I never even heard about them until they were advertised nonstop in here. I even saw people using Triad as a verb which has the be the most pathetic and arrogant thing I have seen before....:p

DeletedUser27128

Im pretty sure we (HL) are the only ones properly attacking them... Literally nothing from the empire and ravens

Yeah farming one guy (that being me in this case :() isn't proper attacking.... thats the whole point, there IS no proper war yet.

DeletedUser22977

I don't know about that, before protection ended it seemed people were talking about how awesome Triad was. lol I never even heard about them until they were advertised nonstop in here. I even saw people using Triad as a verb which has the be the most pathetic and arrogant thing I have seen before....:p

Everyone talking about Triad was everyone BUT Triad. You guys created the boogie man, we just provided the face.

DeletedUser40768

Everyone talking about Triad was everyone BUT Triad. You guys created the boogie man, we just provided the face.

Couldn't be further from the truth, from the 1st 5 pages of the trash talking threads Triad was talking about themselves nonstop. Messages are kind of jumbled up in the order that I saw them.

Triad is an overrated can of trash...

Ugh, Triad are so arrogant. I bet they're actually noobs.

someones butthurt..

were just excited, have been waiting for this world a long time now :D

Looks like mighty Triad got into your head - all your comments about this alliance. Well, what do you like most in Triad?

The highlight for us is when we win it ;)

Yeah, i've got triad of it too...

Im TRIAD of hearing the same thing everytime I log onto externals :p

Well, we are awesome indeed. And what can we do about it? Nothing, we have to live with it.... :-(

Not bad for 120. :)

P.S. They are active, just praying to the Holy Triad for our victory.

But hey these lies are almost as good as the one in the Benghazi scandal. People will never know the truth so just put the blame on others worked well there too :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22977

Couldn't be further from the truth, from the 1st 5 pages of the trash talking threads Triad was talking about themselves nonstop. Messages are kind of jumbled up in the order that I saw them.

But hey these lies are almost as good as the one in the Benghazi scandal. People will never know the truth so just put the blame on others worked well there too :p

Now put in all the quotes about triad by people not in triad. Until you do that, you have proved absolutely nothing other than you having selective copy/paste skills