En/US Grepo Tournament

DeletedUser41523

Ever want to really test your skills and see where you match up? Ever want to be truly challenged? Well I think its time to put everyone to the test with a tournament. This has been talked about for awhile but never carried out. I think a lot of people would love to see a tournament hosted and to see the big name guys clash or even see a few new guys make a name for themselves.

The Concept: The tournament will be open. This means that anyone can join the leaders pool or join the draft board. There is no preexisting qualification for either. There is also no restrictions on people from other servers joining. For example, a formerly French based leader may put their name in to lead or play. Once the final rosters are selected they will be seeded based on roster strength and assigned a direction. A team must follow it's seed or else they will be disqualified. The world will be the first US or EN server that fits the settings AFTER the process of setting up has been finished. Once the world starts it will be played much like a regular game with the exception of diplomacy. An official team may NOT ally another official team. They may however ally/NAP unofficial teams.

Settings: 3 speed, 3 unit speed (or better), conquest, no morale, 80+ alliance cap.

Leadership Pool: There are no requirements for entering the pool. BUT it is recommended that if you enter the pool that you are active and can quickly communicate your draft picks. It is also asked that you keep an open mind. You might not like your draft position, seed, etc. It doesn't mean let your team down and quit. It also doesn't mean cheat to win. The deadline to enter is June 1st

Draft Pool: Again, there are no requirements to enter this pool but like leaders, you should come with an open mind. Remember this is just as much about making new friends and fun as it is about winning. Don't throw a fit if you don't end up with your original pals, step outside of the comfort zone.

Draft Process: Once all leaders are entered at the dead line they will be given a week to evaluate who they want to pick and get to know interested people on the draft board.

Draft order will also be selected during this time, the selection will be random and can be done via skype call to interested leaders looking for legitimacy of the draws. First drawn gets the first pick and this older will continue until the last leader is drawn.

On draft day, leaders MUST be ready to make a pick within 30 minutes of their turn coming. If a pick has not been made by the 30 minute mark, their pick is void and the next leader's timer starts. There will be no mercy to this rule a pick made at 31 minutes is a voided pick. A leader may pick on skype or through the forums.

Player Loyalty: Once the world starts a team must commit to the original team for a minimum of two weeks. After that they can leave if they don't like what's being done. Again this is played like a normal game, players can leave if they wish. Its only asked they give their original guys a chance.

Victory Conditions: Last man standing this is NOT about WW.

Leadership Pool

Dub Colis
Maionna
Thecult​
Draft Board​

Amerin4u
Bond 007
Cadapiter
Chrss2128
Djdom32
Feznic Crimson Warrior
Italianstalian666
Joseph Nieves
Nyx Numnia
Makro 356
Marcus Maxipenicus
Nick1
N o o b 1 2 3
Rickwadej Johnson
San Holo
Starsabyss
The Smilodon Fatalis
Timekeeper07
Xpoodog

In order to place your name on either board just contact me via forum post, PM, in game PM, or skype. For those interested, I will be setting up a room. Add me @Srwrestling2011 on skype to join it. Also, I will NOT be leading in this...or anytime in the foreseeable future. I will however be on the draft board.

Official Registration: https://sites.google.com/site/enusgrepotournament/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39031

Like it but, 20 000 + people join a world and it's hard to imagine more than 200 people doing this.

Ranga1

Strategos
Great concept. Not sure about the leadership/draft pool. I think submitting teams of how ever many players up to an alliance cap and let the team chose its own leadership is best. Cap the alliances at a certain number, and once that number is reached a start date is assigned. Disable colonising after a certain period of time. I don't think a EN/us server specification is required, just a player having an en server account and have the server as an en server. No players changing teams, once rimmed your out, once the whole alliance is rimmed they are out. Last man standing wins. Settings are not important as the idea in general, have the tournament style world and wrong settings is better than no tournament server at all IMO

DeletedUser41523

They release enough 3/3's to have it in a year.,the pool is to make sure a lesser known guy doesn't get screwed if someone who is a bigger name decides to join. You can join any other premade any other time.a draft ensures everyone gets a chance unless they draft wrong.

Imprettysure I'm not sure I understand the point? Draft from 200 players then. Let's just focus on who wants to join the pool here. Pm me ideas.

DeletedUser39031

The 200 players from my understanding would only be able to attack players participating or else be disqualified right? But they can lose cities to the 20 000 other players but can't retaliate?

makro 356

Phrourach
I really like this idea... However a deal with admins shoud be made, so they wloud send a global message (as announcement). And I'll maby even try to join EN team :)
Daniel I think you shoud have my Skype :)
So you can count me in!

I'd +rep you, but I already gave it to you short time ago so sry...

Ranga1

Strategos
Given some mods are commenting here, has there been any talk of this in the past? or any kind of different type of server? Or is there any kind of different server being talked about? I know off topic but still i think there is a huge market of current players who would be highly encouraged by the same game with a format like this (or similar, just different lol)

DeletedUser40768

Obviously US would win :D

Back when I played on US I would have to agree. I mean on the En server you can sim and no one attacks you for months at a time, if you play seriously you get hit even less. This happens to me, played on 5 En worlds and only got attacked in the first one by intentionally provoking some MRAs in game :( But for all I know the US server might be the same way now :p

DeletedUser41523

The 200 players from my understanding would only be able to attack players participating or else be disqualified right? But they can lose cities to the 20 000 other players but can't retaliate?

No, the only way you get DQed is by either joining the wrong section or not joining your assigned team. Outside of that you can attack and pact third party teams. You may not pact official teams.

Clarification: There is no specific US or EN team. Just drafted teams. Its just hosted in a US or En server. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18132

Wasn't there something like this before?

*digs through old threads*

Ah! Found it! Not exactly the same thing, but close.

Good luck to you nonetheless. :)