Top 12 Sink or Swim+Discussion

DeletedUser

Yep... well written and pretty accurate...if generous

I'm not really up-to-date on most alliance inside info, as i said this is my first post on externals and my first server, what a beautiful time to begin playing grepolis with all the unbalanced stuff thats gone on now, not to mention none of the top 12 alliances are getting battered, with the removal off JTT from the list, no alliance is being smacked (apart from my own/former alliance) so no one is going to be removed from the top 12 anytime soon, exception would be Independent, simply because of their position. I dont know the pacts of most of the alliances so i can only go on geographical positions and the things i've read on internals. There are 5 possible WW winners, obviously depending on the pacts that are made in the next months and battles that are won or lost. I'm not going to put bets down as i've never played any other server so i cannot say that i know what people are like from other servers, apart from certain members being incredibly skilled in what they do, which EN, Bloods, QoQ, VI and CBP all have, others may disagree but i think it is wide open at the top, theres a few months left and a lot of room to grow and a lot of time for factions to change and definitely a few alliances could not exist in the next few months. Im not into this rumour stuff that goes around, of QoQ hitting their own for BP etc, if it works for them and its in the game, people will always do it and if they have been doing it, its been working well, if they haven't, whatever theyre doing its working well. Point is, a lot of trash talk gets spoken on externals, but at the end of the game, unless any alliances are breaking the rules, they can do what they like, regardless of tactic or how immoral some alliances may be in some of the decisions; only thing they should be judged on is the end result.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42857

6 - Vanilla Ice - SWIM?
These guys are considered the dark horses in my eyes, they are from Sinope if i read correctly, they are very experienced, remind me of a smaller QoQ, they are planning on dominating their home ocean and i can see them going to be a very good fighting force, they are all in communication constantly and are a very good bunch of friends. I can see these guys being a problem for some big alliances if they are not taken seriously, however i put them as a SWIM with a question mark as i don't know how they will hold up if they of QoQ and then they revert their attention from the north to south as sparks seem to be flying from those two alliances.

Vanilla Ice, apparently have been defeated and destroyed by The Numpty Crew, who despite on their alliance profile claiming to have defeated VI, look remarkably like VI.

Defeating yourself has somehow become noteworthy?

SlothTzu

Strategos
Vanilla Ice, apparently have been defeated and destroyed by The Numpty Crew, who despite on their alliance profile claiming to have defeated VI, look remarkably like VI.

Defeating yourself has somehow become noteworthy?

Not like they'll ever have a real alliance to post there.

DeletedUser49059

Well Slothbozeman, it seems that the most accurate names for our group were already taken when we landed in 66.

Quality over Quantity by you alliance of course...
and Eviction Notice (something we may eventually deliver to your doorstep, when the time becomes right) by our friends to the NW...
and Bloods (do you bleed well?) by your neighbors to the West...

Maybe we will just go with "Crack Inspectors" next...could be a sign to start watching your tush. :eek:

Stay tuned for next week's conquer- you just never know what may happen ;)

SlothTzu

Strategos
Well Slothbozeman, it seems that the most accurate names for our group were already taken when we landed in 66.......
..............Bloods (do you bleed well?) by your neighbors to the West...

Why compare yourselves to an MRA? I mean, you're not THAT bad, but don't take that as a compliment :)

DeletedUser49059

Why compare yourselves to an MRA? I mean, you're not THAT bad, but don't take that as a compliment :)

Why gee...a compliment- well almost. Such a rarity to receive from QoQ royalty. I suppose that means that I was "almost good enough"...just not quite, eh?

I suppose that you missed the fact that the comparison was one of alliance names, not of recruitment style.

DeletedUser42857

In which case Cute by Pyscho are claiming the defeats of JTT and TS on their wall, and next week we are changing our names to Fluffy but Nasty and claiming Cute by Pyscho as a victory.

im really baffled how an alliance can change their name then claim to have defeated themselves.

DeletedUser42857

Im getting more and more confused about this whole QOQ business.

This is the number 1 player on the server, both in points and bp.

aDPVFt5.png

I just dont understand.

I appreciate that there is some logic in just getting bp from friendly fire to get city spots, and then just building, you can go through the whole server without actually attacking anyone, or defending anyone, i just dont get why you would do that.

Im so utterly confused about the whole approach.

yes, I dont like the EN approach of multiple alliances, they have what, 7 on this server, but of course, I would say that as im part of a 2 alliance co-operation that is hopelessly outnumbered, but hell, En fight, En conquer, En defend, En invade.

I just dont get it, is this a new approach we are going to see through grepo?

DeletedUser21287

Most of this has already been said, might aswell put my own opinions in there, my first post, 4 - Written In Blood - SWIM
These guys can be seen as the 3rd power in this world. They are an MRA (Plain to see) however have some very good players in their ranks. It can be seen that the blood family have some inactives and because of their size they have spanned the entire 55, they have a very filled core and taking them head on will give someone a headache. They are a formidable force and if they sort to their weaker/inactive players who have no interest in playing they can be a very very good alliance and could potentially make EN or QoQ have a few sleepless nights. A potential world winner, however their pact with EN will see them taking the fight to QoQ alongside EN, can QoQ pull it off? If QoQ/En is taken out, bloods will have to fight the winner for their potential crown.
5 - Nuns With Guns - FLOAT THEN SINK
Looked very promising, they had the potential with the right diplomacy and provided players in their ranks to fight they could of had a serious impact on how the world would turn out, they had the power to who would win the world. However, as i am unbiased to every alliance on this list, they will sink after a while. They suddenly had a bit of a fight with Bloods, and even though they were eager to show themselves and everyone on externals that they were stronger than what people thought, spoke a big fight, yet could not deliver. About 10-15 of their members know their way round a timer and were aggressive and actually fought, the rest disappeared. They have some serious issues that they now need to address as they cannot be taken seriously anymore after what went down in the past few days. A few of their upmost best are either on VM or are quitting for RL reasons. Will float and then sink heavily when they are continually attacked and cannot handle it.

I wouldn't agree entirely on a MRA. 55 is the core ocean and several weeks ago there were probably 20 alliances fighting for supremacy. After various battles the bloods prevailed and came out on top. They themselves had a strong core and the players/alliances they conquered (the better players) were absorbed into their ranks. This is how most alliances are formed and great friendships. Bloods contributed to the downfall of JTT albeit 80-90 % of the credit has to go to EN. QOQ are attacking us constantly and we have yet to mount a counter (who knows what the leaders plans are). The most significant event in bloods history happened merely 48 hours ago when several of our members went over to Nuns with Guns, breaking the pact and immediately attacking us. Within about 24 hours we bled them dry taking 60+ cities to their (6ish?). Proving beyond doubt the main core of this alliance is strong enough to see this world out. Several who went over came back (clearly the grass isn't always greener). Were here to stay ladies and gentleman and will fight to the last drop!​

DeletedUser

Most of this has already been said, might aswell put my own opinions in there, my first post, 4 - Written In Blood - SWIM
These guys can be seen as the 3rd power in this world. They are an MRA (Plain to see) however have some very good players in their ranks. It can be seen that the blood family have some inactives and because of their size they have spanned the entire 55, they have a very filled core and taking them head on will give someone a headache. They are a formidable force and if they sort to their weaker/inactive players who have no interest in playing they can be a very very good alliance and could potentially make EN or QoQ have a few sleepless nights. A potential world winner, however their pact with EN will see them taking the fight to QoQ alongside EN, can QoQ pull it off? If QoQ/En is taken out, bloods will have to fight the winner for their potential crown.
5 - Nuns With Guns - FLOAT THEN SINK
Looked very promising, they had the potential with the right diplomacy and provided players in their ranks to fight they could of had a serious impact on how the world would turn out, they had the power to who would win the world. However, as i am unbiased to every alliance on this list, they will sink after a while. They suddenly had a bit of a fight with Bloods, and even though they were eager to show themselves and everyone on externals that they were stronger than what people thought, spoke a big fight, yet could not deliver. About 10-15 of their members know their way round a timer and were aggressive and actually fought, the rest disappeared. They have some serious issues that they now need to address as they cannot be taken seriously anymore after what went down in the past few days. A few of their upmost best are either on VM or are quitting for RL reasons. Will float and then sink heavily when they are continually attacked and cannot handle it.

I wouldn't agree entirely on a MRA. 55 is the core ocean and several weeks ago there were probably 20 alliances fighting for supremacy. After various battles the bloods prevailed and came out on top. They themselves had a strong core and the players/alliances they conquered (the better players) were absorbed into their ranks. This is how most alliances are formed and great friendships. Bloods contributed to the downfall of JTT albeit 80-90 % of the credit has to go to EN. QOQ are attacking us constantly and we have yet to mount a counter (who knows what the leaders plans are). The most significant event in bloods history happened merely 48 hours ago when several of our members went over to Nuns with Guns, breaking the pact and immediately attacking us. Within about 24 hours we bled them dry taking 60+ cities to their (6ish?). Proving beyond doubt the main core of this alliance is strong enough to see this world out. Several who went over came back (clearly the grass isn't always greener). Were here to stay ladies and gentleman and will fight to the last drop!​

It was funny to see how most of my alliance's members were so quick to talk sh*t and came forward to fight saying that they wanted to fight bloods and yet very little of us even attacked, i revolted so many cities in 3 hours, i think the total was over 25 and i dont know know what happened, i did my job, i was quitting as my college started last week and i started to take a backseat, barely went on, killed about 10 or so CS and lost 2 cities out of about 13 revolts, fair enough only some we're seriously went after but without asking for support and going to sleep and waking up, going to college and being off grepo for about 15-16 hours aint bad i dont think; but its the point that people jumped, got scared and just jumped back, i'm sorry if some see this but thats not what this game is about, if they wanted to be safe, then go colonize in an ocean far away, this is a war game and if people dont want to fight then they should go play farmville. As Dim said, you can go a whole world without fighting anyone, but whats the point in that?

It was rather pathetic, 90% of the cities lost by us were the people that jumped over in the first place, and as i've stated that 80% of the alliance went invisible and didnt do ; people vultured my cities in nuns, people just revolting them as they pleased, my own alliance just took it upon themselves to attack me, that's some balls, why waste troops on me instead of bloods? It really doesnt make sense to me, i got about 25 pms from people asking for cities; shouldnt they be attacking people who are red? It really annoys me because i've done so much for this alliance and i just expected more from them.

Lots of members we're unhappy however, so it would be interesting if blood's leadership made sure that people's happiness was raised a tad.​

DeletedUser

aDPVFt5.png

I just dont understand.

I appreciate that there is some logic in just getting bp from friendly fire to get city spots, and then just building, you can go through the whole server without actually attacking anyone, or defending anyone, i just dont get why you would do that.

yes, I dont like the EN approach of multiple alliances, they have what, 7 on this server, but of course, I would say that as im part of a 2 alliance co-operation that is hopelessly outnumbered, but hell, En fight, En conquer, En defend, En invade.

Whatever QViv is doing, its working; regardless of the morals involved, if its there, its not against the rules so technically its completely fine to do. QoQ has been bought up multiple times with their players taking ghosts and founding cities so that their islands are fully qoq and this does seem to be a very new and efficient tactic that they have put into practise, looks that its pushing them closer and closer to than #1 spot, could this be the beginning of a new grepo age?

DeletedUser42857

Whatever QViv is doing, its working; regardless of the morals involved, if its there, its not against the rules so technically its completely fine to do. QoQ has been bought up multiple times with their players taking ghosts and founding cities so that their islands are fully qoq and this does seem to be a very new and efficient tactic that they have put into practise, looks that its pushing them closer and closer to than #1 spot, could this be the beginning of a new grepo age?

Oh, im not questioning it in the moral sense, im just totally baffled by it as a strategy.

It may be that this is a strategy based around taking on En down the line and having all their islands as strongholds, it could be a WW strategy aimed at short travel times, easy defence (although you can argue for wonders they are massively outnumbered by the en co-alition).

Its just really odd to see the #1 player on the server not actually attacking anyone or conquering any cities.

Viv has been around, she knows what shes doing, and i have no moral objection to what they are doing, its just really really odd.

SlothTzu

Strategos

aDPVFt5.png

I just dont understand.

How many times are you going to post this?

Since you're so obsessed with Viv, how about you PM her and ask?

Why gee...a compliment- well almost. Such a rarity to receive from QoQ royalty. I suppose that means that I was "almost good enough"...just not quite, eh?

I suppose that you missed the fact that the comparison was one of alliance names, not of recruitment style.

Not exactly what I meant but if you wanna take it that way then that's fine by me, I'm surprised you haven't talked us to death by now.

Last edited:

DeletedUser42857

I wouldn't agree entirely on a MRA. 55 is the core ocean and several weeks ago there were probably 20 alliances fighting for supremacy. After various battles the bloods prevailed and came out on top.!

Are you drunk? at what point was there every 20 alliances battling it out for supremacy in 55?

in fact at what point was there even 10 alliances battling it out for supremacy in 55?

In fact, tell you what, name 5 alliances that have battled it out for supremacy in 55?

bloods had 55 at the very beginning, they pacted just the tip with an agreement they wouldnt go into 55, then they pacted en, who basically allowed them to keep 55. They then recruited what was left of 55, and on the whole, barring about 10 of the more active and agressive players, in 55 they have merily sat.

DeletedUser42857

How many times are you going to post this?

Since you're so obsessed with Viv, how about you PM her and ask?

thats the first time ive posted it. Viv is just an example as she happens to be alliance leader. Ive still not had a satisfactory answer on what it is exactly QOQ are actually doing. So until I get one, in true Jeremy Paxman style, I will keep on asking :D

besides, the world is basically dead now, we all know what happens. So may as well try and keep externals interesting.

SlothTzu

Strategos
thats the first time ive posted it. Viv is just an example as she happens to be alliance leader. Ive still not had a satisfactory answer on what it is exactly QOQ are actually doing. So until I get one, in true Jeremy Paxman style, I will keep on asking :D

Well obviously your issue is only with her, find one more of our players, even one, that you think is doing the same, before tarring us all with the same brush.

DeletedUser42857

Well obviously your issue is only with her, find one more of our players, even one, that you think is doing the same, before tarring us all with the same brush.

I dont have any issue at all with Viv, not one single eensy teeny bit.

That still hasnt answered the question, im not sure i will bother answering again, youre obviously getting a bit upset by it.

(And theres loads of players taking 1k ghosts, nichy, framer, im just fascinated by this tactic of fighting nobody, colonising and conquering ghosts, and getting bp from where?)

And as yet, nobody has been able to answer where all this bp is coming from :D

SlothTzu

Strategos
I dont have any issue at all with Viv, not one single eensy teeny bit.

That still hasnt answered the question, im not sure i will bother answering again, youre obviously getting a bit upset by it.

No, not upset. If you really think I care that much then you're mistaken.

But this is a top 12 alliance discussion, not the top 12 player discussion. Posting about the activities of a single player is not relevant.

And as yet, nobody has been able to answer where all this bp is coming from :D

I've taken the liberty of sending you my wall, if you really care to see where those players are gaining BP, just ask.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Im still in the top 10 (just) so do i qualify for this discussion? Regardless of taking those 1k ghosts, viv is growing at twice the rate i was and i was taking cities of 15k every time, and i still couldnt keep up so i'm really interested myself in how to grow that quickly.