2.0 on Alpha

DeletedUser

Still the old FVsystem is better IMO.

It really isn't mate. With the old farming system, you have to keep a good number of farming troops on hand and it takes multiple hours when you get over 10 cities. I have only tried the new farming system with one city(I quit Rho rather early on due to boredom and an excess of MRAs) but in my experience, it allowed me to farm much faster.

Once you research booty, your choices are 10 mins, 40 mins, 6 hours, and 10 hours at a time. This allows much less time spent on farming and much more spent on real life and actually plyaing.

DeletedUser

I dont think Ice-Man will like 2.0 he wont be able to farm as he usually does! LOL! :)

DeletedUser

It really isn't mate. With the old farming system, you have to keep a good number of farming troops on hand and it takes multiple hours when you get over 10 cities. I have only tried the new farming system with one city(I quit Rho rather early on due to boredom and an excess of MRAs) but in my experience, it allowed me to farm much faster.

Once you research booty, your choices are 10 mins, 40 mins, 6 hours, and 10 hours at a time. This allows much less time spent on farming and much more spent on real life and actually plyaing.

The new FV system is only good, for when you begin.

DeletedUser

I would say the old system is only good for when your new. Seriously it's so much easier to take care of farming villages when you only have a handful of cities.

Trying to do the same thing when you have 30 is a different story, the more cities you have the bigger the task everything becomes, the new system would at least lighten the load of having to manually farm all of your villages.

DeletedUser

What makes you say that? Have you had multiple cities on a 2.0 world?

No but think about it, going between all of your cities, and only getting like 20 resources every 5 mins.

DeletedUser

People with 10 minutes to play won't grow very much. If they somehow managed to grow to a large size let me tell you 10 minutes wouldn't cover their farming time and it certainly wouldn't allow them time to do anything else.

DeletedUser

People with 10 minutes to play won't grow very much. If they somehow managed to grow to a large size let me tell you 10 minutes wouldn't cover their farming time and it certainly wouldn't allow them time to do anything else.

They would be able to get 6005 overall, thats better than 20.

DeletedUser

No but think about it, going between all of your cities, and only getting like 20 resources every 5 mins.

You don't have to do it ever 5 mins, you can do it 20 mins(or 40 with booty) and still get plenty of res. You can use the multiple hour ones as well(3 hours) or even the all day ones if you really need to. Saying that the old system is better with more cities is just plain ignorant.

DeletedUser

You don't have to do it ever 5 mins, you can do it 20 mins(or 40 with booty) and still get plenty of res. You can use the multiple hour ones as well(3 hours) or even the all day ones if you really need to. Saying that the old system is better with more cities is just plain ignorant.

I know but you get more rescources in the old one, but faster rescources in the new one.

DeletedUser

I know but you get more rescources in the old one, but faster rescources in the new one.

That is wrong. The max you can get per farm with the new system is 12,500.

Again, the fact is, with more then 10 cities, the old system is completely useless. I don't even really farm in alpha anymore, just too time consuming. The new system allows you to farm all of an island at a time. You can also set it for longer times(such as 3 or 5 hours(6 or 10 with booty)) making it take even less time. It isn't perfect but it a major improvement.

DeletedUser

That is wrong. The max you can get per farm with the new system is 12,500.

Again, the fact is, with more then 10 cities, the old system is completely useless. I don't even really farm in alpha anymore, just too time consuming. The new system allows you to farm all of an island at a time. You can also set it for longer times(such as 3 or 5 hours(6 or 10 with booty)) making it take even less time. It isn't perfect but it a major improvement.

I cba farming on alpha either, but I do it at least once a day.I'll just have to wait till I have 20 cities on a 2.0 world, to decide what's better.

DeletedUser

They should just leave alpha alone. It has been around over a year and lot's of players are accustom to it being the way it is.

If anything at all is added I hope it is only the wonders and something that changes the farming. How about just doing away with farming all together or just making it automated (just boost the resource production). When you have over around 20 cities farming is just a pain in the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

They should just leave alpha alone. It has been around over a year and lot's of players are accustom to it being the way it is.

And therefore getting bored of it. Look how many of the large players have been dropping off since the start of this year.

And just because you're scared of a new farming system doesn't mean you stop the progress of the entire game.
We NEED Wonders to increase diversity of the fighting, we NEED new gods to increase the number of tactics available but more importantly we NEED the novelty just to keep us interested (and paying).

DeletedUser

May we please have an update from the Community Manager concerning this thread?