DeletedUser

There was bugs in 1.2 also so I don't see the difference as long as you can attack defend build and see everything does it matter really?

I know it will take a while for people to get used to it but I am sure we all will soon lol :p

I just dont like the interface as it is slow for me. However, i was trying to say that the bugs will be fixed quicker than before as the sole focus of inno can be 2.0

DeletedUser18132

Can't the Greeks do what the Russians did? Carry the ships on land to scare the hell out of the enemy troops?

DeletedUser

Many people left. This game is going to die :(

Sadly this does seem to be the case. The update doesnt seem to have been thought through properly, things like having to conquer farming villages on islands with Bireme or LS nukes just one example.

DeletedUser

Moan moan moan ( give it time )

Already I like the fact I dont have to click every city to have a victory parade or festival etc...Am now starting to find my way around, and I see more advantages than disadvantages...As for farming "who does that"?

DeletedUser

This is a really annoying pointless exercise to begin conquering the farms and gaining no BP in doing it....

Not very happy...

Don't worry beastie.I'll keep attacking you for BP. no need to rely on farms.

DeletedUser

Don't worry beastie.I'll keep attacking you for BP. no need to rely on farms.

Mate, come to think of it im sure i could spare not gaining a bit of BP..
Just checked my Agora and i have 200k unspent with city slots available...

Think its all the Stravos-to-me-me-to-you-stravos-to-me exchanges on our island.. thats building up the BPs :)

DeletedUser14226

Agree with you on the farming villages Beastie :) I haven't managed to get a single farm since 2.0 implementation due to my own laziness and the annoyance and the disinterest.

and btw it's stavross not stravos :)

DeletedUser

Mate, come to think of it im sure i could spare not gaining a bit of BP..
Just checked my Agora and i have 200k unspent with city slots available...

Think its all the Stravos-to-me-me-to-you-stravos-to-me exchanges on our island.. thats building up the BPs :)

the merry-go-round of grepo love. :)

DeletedUser22948

so many bad things about 2.0. Its sooooo bad i actually joined a forum (and i hate using forums)
Ive been playing in 5 worlds for around 2 years now and i spend alot of my spare time in the game. I dont wanna quit with all the work ive put in but i really hate this new version.

Anyone know of another game like this i could start playing instead?

DeletedUser

Don't you guys love it? They want you to give this "upgrade" a try, guess they don't think we were smart enough to join a world using this version to find out...

But don't worry, they will walk you through it, teach you how to play your game the way they want you to....

DeletedUser14887

Who left?

Well, I don't know about other oceans but near my locations, lots of people left, such as platina, mccanneo, slayermartok, jcastedoh, Erika the Great, Reymysterio,..... Is it enough? Or i have to name more? :p
@Beastie: I lost 1 horsemen nuke to conquer all farm on 1 island :p and gather new award :D
I really don't like this new version but as Mick said, we'll find out lots of advantages in 2.0 if we spend time for it, and it will be easier if you have golds to activate administrator. I have never bought administrator but I think grepolis want us to buy by updating new version lol :D
:pro:

DeletedUser

I just dont like the interface as it is slow for me. However, i was trying to say that the bugs will be fixed quicker than before as the sole focus of inno can be 2.0

On chrome it ain't to bad on explorer it is a nightmare

DeletedUser

it will be easier if you have golds to activate administrator. I have never bought administrator but I think grepolis want us to buy by updating new version lol :D
:pro:

Nail on head there Bala. Thats what it's all about. 2.0 would be a nightmare without the Admin running....thank god for the surveys etc... to get free gold.

I've only got 40 citys and it's giving me headaches with admin running, I cant imagine what it would be like for those with 100+ citys not using admin...would be like a full time job!

DeletedUser4013

@Beastie: I lost 1 horsemen nuke to conquer all farm on 1 island :p and gather new award :D

Because you cannot conquer all of the farms in one attack. The resistence of the farms increases as you take each farm. We have all of this information available in the Wiki, and in the many player guides for 2.0.

DeletedUser

Because you cannot conquer all of the farms in one attack. The resistence of the farms increases as you take each farm. We have all of this information available in the Wiki, and in the many player guides for 2.0.
Having 100 pages on wiki will not change the fact that its still a pain in the butt down grade and as hard as you try to sell it people still don't seem to be buying the bull you are selling.A quick look through the forums shows how most feel about o2 being forced on them for the sole perpouse of raking more cash out of them

DeletedUser4013

Having 100 pages on wiki will not change the fact that its still a pain in the butt down grade and as hard as you try to sell it people still don't seem to be buying the bull you are selling.A quick look through the forums shows how most feel about o2 being forced on them for the sole perpouse of raking more cash out of them

No, it may not make the process of taking over the farms any easier, but the information is there and it is available for you to understand how it works. I can lead a horse to water, but I can't make it drink. I'm not doing anything to try and sell 2.0 to anyone, I'm just trying to answer questions that people have about the game or try to counter what they see as difficulties with helpful hints. It's a lot more than most of the players are currently doing.

Whether I change only one person's opinion of 2.0, then fine I've done what I can to help make this game enjoyable for someone. As for the sentiments here on the Forums, believe me, I read each and every one of them (even the ones you delete or edit). I know what the impression is of the more vocal forum users, but again, I'm trying to help make the game enjoyable in its current state. All you lot seem to do is moan about it. If you have suggestions I am willing to listen and pass them on to Inno. If not, my mother always told me that if I have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

DeletedUser12512

No, it may not make the process of taking over the farms any easier, but the information is there and it is available for you to understand how it works. I can lead a horse to water, but I can't make it drink. I'm not doing anything to try and sell 2.0 to anyone, I'm just trying to answer questions that people have about the game or try to counter what they see as difficulties with helpful hints. It's a lot more than most of the players are currently doing.

Whether I change only one person's opinion of 2.0, then fine I've done what I can to help make this game enjoyable for someone. As for the sentiments here on the Forums, believe me, I read each and every one of them (even the ones you delete or edit). I know what the impression is of the more vocal forum users, but again, I'm trying to help make the game enjoyable in its current state. All you lot seem to do is moan about it. If you have suggestions I am willing to listen and pass them on to Inno. If not, my mother always told me that if I have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I have a suggestion,

Take to Innogames that they need to consider the folly of making this update before getting an accurate read of the players understanding of 2.0, address the concerns of 'this vocal minority' who you might have noticed has grown considerably since the update and have them respond in a well thought out manner as to the real motivations behind making the changes they have when they have, and how poorly they have.

My second suggestion is that you may not think you are, but you are championing the 2.0, and I feel that as a moderator here to make sure the forums run smoothly, you should not to attempt to influence how the game is perceived or to have an opinion whatsoever. Be judicial and unbiased, and respond with the player in mind and I know I for one will quit harping on you. Till then, I only see you as a lacky that is trying to lead us to the trough.

DeletedUser4013

I have a suggestion,

Take to Innogames that they need to consider the folly of making this update before getting an accurate read of the players understanding of 2.0, address the concerns of 'this vocal minority' who you might have noticed has grown considerably since the update and have them respond in a well thought out manner as to the real motivations behind making the changes they have when they have, and how poorly they have.

This update is only a folly in the eyes of the vocal minority and those players who do not want changes made to the game. The vocal minority has not grown since the update. Many have, if you take the time to read the other world sections, provided a number of ideas and suggestions for potential changes. Talk to any of the other senior mods and they will acknowledge that I am indeed bringing these ideas to the Grepo PM. Some of the reasons behind the upgrade have been given before, yet have only been met with ridicule and derision. The cost of running both versions is not effective for InnoGames. Grepo 2.0 is buggy and the Devs need to be able to spend more time on fixing those then dealing with issues on 1.26. Version 2.0 was intended to be rolled out across all versions when it was first concieved of, but it was delayed. I am sure there are more reasons, but in all of them it is has been a business decision in order to ensure that Grepo is a product that is free of bugs and a game that players can enjoy.

My second suggestion is that you may not think you are, but you are championing the 2.0, and I feel that as a moderator here to make sure the forums run smoothly, you should not to attempt to influence how the game is perceived or to have an opinion whatsoever. Be judicial and unbiased, and respond with the player in mind and I know I for one will quit harping on you. Till then, I only see you as a lacky that is trying to lead us to the trough.

Yes, I am championing 2.0, and you may percieve that as 'selling 2.0' but offering solutions and advice is something I would expect from anyone in a customer service role. Frankly, I could care less how you think I should dealing with matters in the Forums. As the Admin for the Forums, I have a vested interest in seeing them kept civil and within the rules. If that means taking an active part in them, so be it. If players, who are customers, have a question about something that I can assist with, I will answer it. I will be honest and open with players, and not sit idly by as wrong information and bad advice is given out for players to follow. And if giving helpful advice is your idea of influencing a players opinion of the game, fine. They are free to decide how they want with regards to the game. If the player chooses to follow that advice and it works for them great, if not it's no skin off my back. Being helpful is what a moderator should be, not just someone who sits by enforcing the rules. Whether you consider that being a lackey, fine. But rather a lackey than a cynical troll who gets jollies from making derisive comments about people who are being helpful.