DeletedUser

I have actually seen posts where people were excited about the upgrade. Of course, that was before it came out. I know from experience, that sales people have a hard time waiting for engineers to finish a product and have it completely tested. Anyone that gets 3-4 updates a week from Microsoft or any other major software group knows this. I am sure they won’t admit it but we are now beta testing version 2. Which we all know is full of bugs. The lagging being the biggest issue. I ALMOST can accept that. If I could just get an answer on if Xi will be getting the age of wonder now, or were we misinformed.
That’s it just a simple answer please. My gold is about to run out and I would certainly like to know. I just don’t understand why no one can answer the question.

DeletedUser12667

I can ask about getting a feature like this added to the game. It would be good for those players who are the only city on the island and need to dodge.

Much appreciated, I find having to revolt farms a chore:(

DeletedUser12667

with all the rabble-rabble-rabble going on about the upgrade, i doubt many would have to courage to say that they did vote v2.

I can say for sure I voted no. But it is here so I will deal with it. My main concern is the lag or the constant response error I am getting. For the way I play the game it is essential that I have no lag. In 1.26 I hardly ever ran into an issue, but since it is a common occurance and I am loosing cities because of it. I am not using it as an excuse, you yourself(pyth) have seen my sniping ability, even when I had numerous cs's sent at the same time.

DeletedUser12667

features that if changed or tweaked would make it easier or more bearable, please post them here as well.

I would like to see the supporting troops not be counted when I am trying to recruit troops. I dont know how many of what I have without going into the agora to see my troops. For example, I was supporting a city with ls and I failed to build ls in that city because I thought I had some.

DeletedUser

I can say for sure I voted no. But it is here so I will deal with it. My main concern is the lag or the constant response error I am getting. For the way I play the game it is essential that I have no lag. In 1.26 I hardly ever ran into an issue, but since it is a common occurance and I am loosing cities because of it. I am not using it as an excuse, you yourself(pyth) have seen my sniping ability, even when I had numerous cs's sent at the same time.
i agree that the lag and response errors make it a chore, they are extremely annoying. it was not a problem however until the 2.16 update, so it's not as though 2.x has always suffered such lag. the devs are aware of the issue, so hopefully the lag/errors don't persist all too long :Angry:

and yes, no doubting your sniping ability at all - i've been on the good and the bad side of it! ;)

Milos21

Phrourach
Facts:
1) v2 is slower than v1 (before the 2.16 upgrade). I have played both v1 and v2 in parallel on the same hardware configuration (not a respectable one). v2 is mush slower with 4 cities than v1 with 84.
2) v2 lacks list of attacks when you browse through your cities. This is essential for people having 20 attacks on daily basis (I think I deserve the right to say that)
3) You can easily fix the map to a city you want to send attacks/supports to in v1. No need to keep map constant while you browse through your cities. Especially if you have skillz and use your cities to either snipe or attack cities around you.

I would really like to see v2 without bugs, slow downs so that I could estimate whether it is any better. Features like DBP sharing are a massive improvement. Its a shame we had to fight for so long to get it.

Milos21

Phrourach
And I hate flashing swords. I want to be attacked, its a natural state of play for a war game. This is war game after all, or it used to be.

DeletedUser

And I hate flashing swords. I want to be attacked, its a natural state of play for a war game. This is war game after all, or it used to be.

Yeah I guess. But 1.26 also had a flashing icon when you were under attack.

DeletedUser5061

Personally I love the new farming system that last one was a chore and the new one encourages people to activate captain.

The main problem with V-effing-2 is the bugs and the huge lag, most of it is down to that big 3D map that is always in the background and over use of javascript to pop those little notifactions up. They need to revert back to having city overview as the default/starting screen and go back to the hold notifactions system, we have old saying it goes something like "if it's not broken don't fix it" that part of grepolis was not broken.

+If I was new to the game and so the double window starting screen it would put me off, I would think this game looks tacky so it must be .

it was not a problem however until the 2.16 update, so it's not as though 2.x has always suffered such lag. the devs are aware of the issue, so hopefully the lag/errors don't persist all too long :Angry:

If it's a more recent problem than it's not the 2.16 update, it's the javascript used to popup the Advent calender box that's causing the problem, I mean whoever added that little piece of coding in clearly didn't spend a lot of time on it other wise they would have capitalized the C in calender. If they need help diagnosing the problem tell them to email me the code at daizan@whoisyourdaddy.com

DeletedUser

Daizan makes a few good points, I personally don't know why they didn't implement all the back end changes including the farming system but leave the UI as it was as that is (I think) one of the main issues that people are having.

Besides the old worlds won't last forever so they could have let them die out and just not opened another one.

DeletedUser4013

I would like to see the supporting troops not be counted when I am trying to recruit troops. I dont know how many of what I have without going into the agora to see my troops. For example, I was supporting a city with ls and I failed to build ls in that city because I thought I had some.

We've heard that this has been an issue for some players. Not sure if it's a bug or not. However, screenshots and the like would help to determine this.

If it's a more recent problem than it's not the 2.16 update, it's the javascript used to popup the Advent calender box that's causing the problem, I mean whoever added that little piece of coding in clearly didn't spend a lot of time on it other wise they would have capitalized the C in calender. If they need help diagnosing the problem tell them to email me the code at daizan@whoisyourdaddy.com

Well the original 2.0 worlds were not experienceing this lag prior to the old worlds being updated to 2.16. By that I mean the old worlds were updated in a two stage process. First to the 2.0 system, and then secondly the 2.16 update was applied. It wasn't until after that second stage took place that the major lagtime and response errors started to crop up. The Advent calendar has been working fine.

DeletedUser12667

We've heard that this has been an issue for some players. Not sure if it's a bug or not. However, screenshots and the like would help to determine this.

This is one of my ls cities, I only build ls there, except for a few bs's I built while fliping through in the middle of the night and saw all the bs,s so naturally I qued bs,s:eek:

2hritua.jpg

DeletedUser

2) v2 lacks list of attacks when you browse through your cities. This is essential for people having 20 attacks on daily basis (I think I deserve the right to say that)
the list of attack is in the troop movement drop-down at the top of the screen (with the picture of a sword)

the only annoying part about the new list is that you can't anchor it open, so if you move your mouse off it you have to start from the top again :supermad:

I would really like to see v2 without bugs, slow downs so that I could estimate whether it is any better. Features like DBP sharing are a massive improvement. Its a shame we had to fight for so long to get it.
agreed, now that there is only 1 version of the game the devs really need to sort out the bugs and performance issues, otherwise people are gonna get more and more frustrated (myself included).

Milos21

Phrourach
Pyth, you know what I meant by 2).
If you log in, see 35 attacks (as I have been experiencing until v2 switch), you will have hard times to locate those attacks in v2 if you dont use admin. I wont use admin no matter what inno tries.
I tried browsing my cities to locate attacks but that is almost impossible task to do in v2. I am aware where the list of attacks is located, but having the ability to make it visible all the time is essential for: 30 attacks, no admin, 50+ cities in v2.
There is no need to try to approve what Inno did. Their business logic is perfectly clear:make people use premium. Its normal they care less for people like me.
I only do not understand why they left playing free. I would oblige people to pay 100 gold to be able to play. especially for hero worlds.

at least developers could:
a) make number of attacks button update first when you browse through cities
b) make possible to position the size and position of open windows: senate, harbor, barracks and allow us to save layout so that we have the same screen appearance when we browse through cities (this is really a default feature in any serious software with toolbars I have seen)
c) allow us again to see how many attacks or supports we have sent to the selected city

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I normally find checking log files gives you a better indication of what is going on as screen dumps can be misleading.