2.85 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
You are not losing resources. Just like the overview has the resources flipped so too does the ratio when you hover over a farm. If you had a 100 silver for 125 stone farming village before it is still the same village with the same ratio except when you hover over it the ration reads 1.25 :1. It just means the villages gives you 125 stone for 100 silver. Nobody has lost any resources.

DeletedUser42857

kKElr15.jpg

Is there an option to turn these off? Seriously I dont need a popup anytime i go anywhere near a unit or ship, its driving me nuts. Really damn annoying to have them popping up every single time you click on a unit

PLEASE PUT IN AN OPTION IN DISPLAY TO HIDE THEM

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser49328

The share of agricultural trade in the islands is the most time consuming part when access the game, memorized all the islands in the direction of trade, and you do not think of that, you can not change it and if it continues I will open the forum incitement
public and ask everyone to do strike to return to normal.
I'm already stopping for me to play this game.
Greetings.

DeletedUser35069

Just to echo what everybody else is saying. It made no sense to reverse the placement on trades to match the merchant when the merchant (after you gain several cities) it such a minor part of the game. Also like some of the guys in the thread.. I've had a couple of players on skype mention the ratios have reduced and they aren't the brightest players you've basically just caused confusion and changed something that really didn't need changing. It's achieved nothing, doesn't look better and isn't an improvement in anyway.

Final thing those pops ups with troop info are horrendous. They get in the way when you're figuring out what to send on the attack page. I honestly can't see why inno is totally spending this year annoying regular players that have spent years playing this game. Between instant buy, crappy updates that dumb down the game and an absolute lack decent speed servers I honestly don't even know why I bother logging in anymore. Grepo is seriously starting to suck big time.

DeletedUser

We see the merchant at most once a day (a lot less in reality because the notification that the merchant's in town has NEVER WORKED),

And I thought I was the only one who saw the merchant one or twice a week. Now THAT would be a good idea to fix.

DeletedUser25607

Checked farming villages trading... well done to trick with the ratio every player around.

DeletedUser25607

You are not losing resources. Just like the overview has the resources flipped so too does the ratio when you hover over a farm. If you had a 100 silver for 125 stone farming village before it is still the same village with the same ratio except when you hover over it the ration reads 1.25 :1. It just means the villages gives you 125 stone for 100 silver. Nobody has lost any resources.

Not really. Before the changes it was like following:
Ratio 1 : 1,25 from the beginning. After every trading right part would get smaller like 1 : 1,25 -> 1 : 1,15 -> 1 : 0,8 etc - very good to see the ratio

Now:
1) The ratio seems to be inverted
2) But the worst part - it is not going under 1, but going very weird like:
1,25 : 1 -> 1,15 : 1 -> 1 : 1 -> 1 : 1.15 (already loosing on trading) -> 1 : 1,25 etc

Person who approved such a change - probably played Grepo 0 days in whole his life.

DeletedUser49328

The share of agricultural trade in the islands is the most time consuming part when access the game, memorized all the islands in the direction of trade, and you do not think of that, you can not change it and if it continues I will open the forum incitement
public and ask everyone to do strike to return to normal.
I'm already stopping for me to play this game.
Greetings.

DeletedUser8790

Is there an option to turn these off? Seriously I dont need a popup anytime i go anywhere near a unit or ship, its driving me nuts. Really damn annoying to have them popping up every single time you click on a unit

PLEASE PUT IN AN OPTION IN DISPLAY TO HIDE THEM

Please let us turn this off, This is a gigantic nuisance. Stunning at how bad this

DeletedUser49333

farm village trade ratio

Feel free to post any questions or feedback about the update coming out on the 22nd in this thread.

why?!! why have you changed the farm village trade ratio look in the pc version? it was bad in the app, now it's bad all over

DeletedUser46395

What an utterly disastrous update. Is the messing up of farm trades an attempt to force people to use gold to buy the resources they need? Or is it just utter, utter incompetence? Either way, it shows the absolute contempt in which customers are held.

DeletedUser35069

This update shouldnt have even been released, all updates go through the beta servers first for bugs to be reported and dealt with, the inverted farming villages bug was reported two days ago and nobody working on beta has even bothered to confirm this bug nevermind get the issue resolved. Don't see the point of sending updates to beta if they arent even acted upon when the issues are reported by players.

http://forum.beta.grepolis.com/project.php?issueid=2538

Don't know who Adler94 is but if they work for grepo and everyones island farm resources where changed on purpose there better be some decent explaination for this, this was 7 days ago.. they appear to be saying they changed the farm resources on purpose but meant to switch the graphics on the farms

http://forum.beta.grepolis.com/showthread.php?2451-Update-2-85-feedback-thread

DeletedUser

I know this is a novel idea, but how about,.................... wait for it,................... Use words.

I give ______________ (Resource A), I get _______________ (Resource B) [Ratio = xxx to xxx]

I know, I know, reading would thoroughly confuse everyone.

WHAT was I thinking.......

:)

DeletedUser

I think the sheer amount of feedback on the trade change here is evidence enough that this change is not advancing the user interface of the game.

And also why make it consistent with the least used trading feature in the game? The phony merchant?

It is now inconsistent with how you create an offer in the market place. I think The latter is a bit more widely used.

Why not just revert this change and fix the trade in the phony merchant instead?

DeletedUser5819

While you are rolling back the farm trading (here's hoping) how about fixing the premium farming.

I was typing a rant about no red on the res that would overflow and instead a stupid pop-up asking for confirmation, but since there is at least an opt-out on the pop-up I thought I should try it.

Rather than clicking the opt-out there (incase I couldn't get any warning back) I went to the settings menu and unticked the "wasting resources" option in Confirmation Prompts. This fixed everything back to normal.
However.
I have reticked the option, confirmed it, reloaded the page....and the pop-up confirmation box has not returned. Yes I have intentionally farmed to overflowing to check this.

So although I am happy to have the red back, it seems the confirmation pop-up is not really optional at all, but more emo.

How's about having an optional (toggleable) confirmation box *and* the red indicator for overflow.

A really useful addition to the premium farming would be the city name somewhere on the farming panel, not just on the left amongst the seemingly randomly ordered scrollable list. Its fine for 6 cities, but no fun for 100+
Yes yes I know about the Ideas section. Hush.

DeletedUser

Have you got enough feedback yet? Roll this one back, it's a disaster. Seriously, roll it back.

DeletedUser46395

It's not even as though it was a good idea to change the way it was shown - I've often thought it would be good if they changed the merchant to be like farming villages, never the other way round.

But to mess it up SO badly....

DeletedUser21774

Were those gigantic graphics always there, albeit in a smaller form? Tonight I just noticed in attacking on the same island, trying to compare sending troop times over land versus with ships. The graphic covers the travel times when I hover over the transport boats and makes it harder to play. This is not what you want to see when trying to snipe an incoming CS.

I1zFiEz.jpg

DeletedUser

It's time the people making decisions about the game were compelled to actually play it. Here are two incredibly stupid decisions (those stupid pop up pictures on the attack window and the farming switch) that add NOTHING to the game, and in fact that seriously interfere with playing the game.

Someone at Inno is trying to kill this game off by making it unplayable and they're making an incredibly good job of it (unlike everyone else at Inno apparently).