2.93 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser48256

It isn't a fixed trade. You can offer more than 50 Gold, up to 200 for up to 2000 resources. In theory, you could offer 100 resources for 200 Gold, not that I would recommend that.

Would you recommend offering 2000 resources for 50 gold?

DeletedUser

It isn't a fixed trade. You can offer more than 50 Gold, up to 200 for up to 2000 resources. In theory, you could offer 100 resources for 200 Gold, not that I would recommend that.

Richard - we were perfectly fine with free-floating market. If players wanted and there was high supply of gold - we would naturally reached this 2000 for 50 gold ratio. But that didn't happen - and there are sensible reasons of why.

And - besides rationale described by TC006 I can see no reasons to make such harsh and radical changes, effectively killing of feature of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Then its broken, because that is the only trade I can make. anything more or less than those exact amounts does not work, and I see no other trade with difft amts either.

DeletedUser48256

Then its broken, because that is the only trade I can make. anything more or less than those exact amounts does not work, and I see no other trade with difft amts either.

You see no other trades because there's no point putting up less than 2000 res for 50 gold cause absolutely nobody in their right mind would buy it. So it's fixed in all but the name.

DeletedUser

So when do we do away with this absolute insanity? Its obviously a silly change. While some folks are still overpaying on early servers, all the mature servers are absolutely dead for gold/res trading. It should already be incredibly obvious that whoever's brainchild this was, they need to rethink it.

Richard

Strategos
As always guys, I won't be commenting personally on the change. Your feedback will be passed on, rest assured.

As has been explained, the function works as intended. I just created a trade for 100 resources for 200 Gold without issue.

DeletedUser35934

As always guys, I won't be commenting personally on the change. Your feedback will be passed on, rest assured.

As has been explained, the function works as intended. I just created a trade for 100 resources for 200 Gold without issue.

We know the function works as intended. The problem is that there is no value in even 2000 resource for 50 gold when yesterday it was easy to buy 1500-2000 for 10 gold! The intention appears to have been to screw the free market and from that perspective it works perfectly. It's perfectly screwed.

DeletedUser

We know the function works as intended. The problem is that there is no value in even 2000 resource for 50 gold when yesterday it was easy to buy 1500-2000 for 10 gold! The intention appears to have been to screw the free market and from that perspective it works perfectly. It's perfectly screwed.

Haha ! Spot on !

DeletedUser42857

Well this is stupid.

First I will admit, im one of the players who used to spend a small amount of money in game. Advisors permenantly, and then occasional purches for events or walls when in revolt. Recently ive been able to fund my advisors totally through in game trading.

The in game trading was working. In new worlds the going rate was about 500 resources for 10 gold, through to 1500 for 25, and the market pretty much controlled itself. players would undercut each other a little, others would respond, the market fluctuated but stayed pretty much under control.

In a world opened a bit longer, en84, going rate was about 5000-6000 resources for 10 gold, through to 15,000 resources for 25 gold, and had pretty much stabilised around that.

now suddenly 2,000 resources for 50 gold? this is preposterous. On new worlds yes, thats possibly about right, but on established worlds thats just ridiculous.

Richard

Strategos

My 'as intended' comment was in response to anabolic hemorrhoid saying they were unable to create a trade outside of the 50 Gold/2000 Res range, nothing more.

DeletedUser

My 'as intended' comment was in response to anabolic hemorrhoid saying they were unable to create a trade outside of the 50 Gold/2000 Res range, nothing more.

It goes only to one way - LESS resources for gold. However ability to pay MORE for gold is completely capped. Needless to say it screws whole trading economy in later stages of the game.

And anyways - who would buy 200 resources for 100 gold ? Its like changing 2-3 minutes of gameplay into 1$.

It's obvious for everybody that current update doesn't do any good, and knowing your reputation, I assume, you would privately agree.

DeletedUser11165

Dear Inno;

Breaking a free floating market is probably the WORST fix for the gold trading system you could of implemented. The only issue with the current system is the initial start of a server which has allowed some players to grow exponentially and allowed many players to farm large amounts of gold for use on other servers; you were warned a great many times about this before it was introduced.

If you look at mature servers coming towards wonders very litle trading is done, Zancle which opened in march is 5k resources per 10 gold roughly and nothing really being abused any more. At the start of the server though the feature was massively unbalanced as multiple players warned including many who participated on the Beta server to which the warnings were of course ignored.

Same with Instant buy; it is abused at the start of a server. I still stand by the comment before it was implemented that the halfing system for 25 gold was far superior. Players could still do it multiple times to get a near instant buy for similar cost or you could use it once or twice on a full harbour or barracks of troops.

DeletedUser

Dear Inno;

Breaking a free floating market is probably the WORST fix for the gold trading system you could of implemented. The only issue with the current system is the initial start of a server which has allowed some players to grow exponentially and allowed many players to farm large amounts of gold for use on other servers; you were warned a great many times about this before it was introduced.

If you look at mature servers coming towards wonders very litle trading is done, Zancle which opened in march is 5k resources per 100 gold roughly and nothing really being abused any more. At the start of the server though the feature was massively unbalanced as multiple players warned including many who participated on the Beta server to which the warnings were of course ignored.

Same with Instant buy; it is abused at the start of a server. I still stand by the comment before it was implemented that the halfing system for 25 gold was far superior. Players could still do it multiple times to get a near instant buy for similar cost or you could use it once or twice on a full harbour or barracks of troops.

I had to reply to this with my short story. I used to spend the 25 gold now and again to half down build times on troops. It eventually became a habit, because I hated that extra build time. Since it has gone to insta build, I have been forced to stop using gold for that purpose. Over time I became used to the build times and now use no gold for builds ever. I would say thanks inno, you completely stopped my gold spending on troops and buildings. They did me a favor, while cutting their own throats. I save all my gold for events and the premium guys now!!

DeletedUser50638

I understand the company needs to make money but the trading ratio is ridiculous. You may as well cancel gold trading all together for all the trading the company has destroyed... Great Update Grepolis!!!!

DeletedUser35069

This is hilarious,

Inno added instant buy and sweetened up the update with gold trading, players didn't like instant buy not that inno cared as there are no $$$ in caring but it didnt matter so much for the standard players as they could now gain gold without spending a penny.

Problem is anyone with a brain that used to use the 25 gold reductions either stopped using instant buy or quit the game so they will have lost some revenue from long term players. Luckily theres always new players come along to fill the bank. But it left a new problem, now everyone could play with premium for free by sending their spare resources to market or just playing a server and simming another 5 servers to gain enough gold for their main server. So inno killed gold trading with actually saying so much. :D Lets wait for the next 'bug fix' which stops you using traded gold on other servers.

DeletedUser31385

Well, they actually can't do that since gold is confined to the server (EN or any other server) that the account is registered to.

DeletedUser

This is hilarious,

You are spot on! Most other comments here have totally missed the point...

And I do like the change, means you cant be lazy anymore and have to go back to farming as often as possible..

DeletedUser31385

It makes it better for non gold users. 25 for 2k is pretty good.

DeletedUser16512

ok so i have tried the new gold trade, it stinks why spoil things. i can understand fixing it a little so peeps don't put silly numbers up but come on thats way too silly

2,500 =10 gold, 5,000 20 gold and so on, now that sounds good to me

DeletedUser39822

It is safe to say and it was touched upon briefly in this thread that allowing the players to set the market price reduced the purchasing of new Inno gold. Like any stock trade I was doing quite well buying low and selling high thus enabling me to acquire resources while not losing gold. Inno set their parameters for these new trading worlds and players joined based on those parameters......if Inno thinks their formula hurt their personal bottom line then change it for the next world and not ones in progress. What they did here mid-stride is very close to a bait and switch.