Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6156

So to kick start this new forum I've got a debate for all the oldies :p

Version 1.26
or
Version 2.0x

DeletedUser

I havent really played v2 but it is one of the reasons I left, but since I have only played v1.26 I dont have much to comment. I would love to see peoples cons and pros about either them especially v2, as I want to get on the grind of playing grepo again :).

DeletedUser23986

The version 1.26 was best. a good farming system, the no-end worlds, the unlimited fun, rather than , this v2.0, filled with bugs, makes maps messy, lagging all the time

DeletedUser

1.26 definitely. The new farming system was apparently supposed to make it easier, but I've gone from farming twice a day to having to farm 12 times an hour to keep up. Doesn't exactly make sense to me. I do like having an extra god though.

DeletedUser

1.26 - farming was better.

Looked neater, less lag and waaay less bugs.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I'm cool with being on my own in this, but as a player who played both versions extensively I prefer 2.0. The farming system works better as I don't need to keep horses in all my cities just to get resources at a faster pace than the hourly production. I simply need to build enough troops to take 6 or so farms and then I can kill them off on some random on my island or feed them to an ally to boost their BP. Hades was added with 2.0 and he's one of my favorite Gods available in the game, cerebus's are top notch myth units and helm of invisibility allows me to cover more of my attacks. I like that Inno added WW's in an attempt to create an endgame as I believe worlds left to run forever are a terrible idea on numerous levels. However I'm of the opinion that the Wonders aren't enough, they need an actual endgame. So yeah I like 2.0 better but I will say the biggest thing about 1.26 that I miss are some of the old players who left when the change occurred. Well that's just my opinion.

DeletedUser

the no-end worlds, the unlimited fun, rather than
This is not a part of 2.0. The closing down of old worlds was inevitable as it would be too expensive to keep a world up and running for 50 active players. ;)

DeletedUser

2.0 is definitely better, with the exception of wonders. I find that the wonder era starts too quickly, and then blocks off more people from joining. Would be nice to see a world fill up like Alpha and Beta have. Perhaps wonders should give a winning alliance a moderate edge over the rest so they can steam roll the remaining alliances.

Wasting farm space, time, and research on having to build horsemen to farm daily was annoying in naval cities, but I do miss the old days where you could 'train' units from villages, and get a variety of units. Maybe 2.0 needs a few tweaks and changes.

DeletedUser23986

Well, 2.0 forced old worlds to close and end. otherwise, new worlds would have not opened and people with keep on joining old worlds and growing

DeletedUser

Well, 2.0 forced old worlds to close and end. otherwise, new worlds would have not opened and people with keep on joining old worlds and growing

I wonder if that was significant enough of an issue to make these kinds of changes, since these days worlds start off with players who last less than a month and then hop to the next big thing.

DeletedUser

sorry, but didn't got your point?

Worlds don't fill up as they used to back in the 1.0 days, this partly relates to world speed since slower worlds have higher capacities with less lagg, but also this is due to the wonder era and the closing off of players joining during and afterwards. Faster worlds will never fill up to the capacity that a slower world could, because the wonder era comes mainly based on how fast the world is. Would be nice to see a speed 2 world fill up like Alpha and Beta these days, or a speed 3 world fill up like Gamma or Epsilon, yet we can see from map websites that Calydon's core has just barely been covered.

DeletedUser23986

why would players not join old worlds, if they were not closed?

DeletedUser340

The old generation benefited those who played with a nice strategy with the farming and whatnot, and due to it not being all upgraded to meet the modern needs it ran a lot better.

The new version just seems to benefit people without lives, I for once can't sit here all day everyday farming every 5 minutes.

DeletedUser

Amen to that. I feel I spend too much time on here anyway and I can hardly keep up.

DeletedUser23986

fair point sereton...

The 2.0 made a huge no of active people quit. It increased lags by a huge number

DeletedUser

in favour of 1.26:
i preferred the fact that 1.26 you could open multiple tabs including different cities, 2.x feel a bit limitting only being able to work 1 city at a time :( 2.x also seems to put more strain on the servers and on my pc, so it's often not very smooth for me with a rubbish connection and rubbish computer. oh yes, world wonders are horrible :D

in favour of 2.x:
the farming system is WAY better, other than the initial sprint of 5min farming with 1 city (puke). once you get going it's super quick easy to 8-hr farm all of your cities a couple of times a day - and without the need to waste population on 75+ horses! also good to have hades in the equation ;)

DeletedUser

I only played throughout its existent 1.26 Gamma world. Instinctively I much prefer Gamma to any other server I played and have to go with 1.26.

Aicy

Strategos
The old generation benefited those who played with a nice strategy with the farming and whatnot, and due to it not being all upgraded to meet the modern needs it ran a lot better.

The new version just seems to benefit people without lives, I for once can't sit here all day everyday farming every 5 minutes.
This.

Being a top 100 player in any 2.0 world needs these two things:
1. MONEY. You can literally trade money for resources once you get a harbour. Very very stupid, the main reason I quit this game for over a year.
2. ACTIVITY. If you've got no life and can demand resources every five minutes you'll do well.

Being a top 100 player in a 1.26 world needed these two things:
1. ACTIVITY. But not even close to the extent of 2.0 worlds. You only needed to play about two hours a day in order to finish all your farming.
2. STRATEGY.

Grepolis is no longer a game of strategy, teamwork (alliancework?) and wit but a game who who has the most money and is willing to sit in front of their computer for 16 hours a day clicking a blue button with demand written on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.