Adios, Epsilon

DeletedUser4945

Due to RL issues and the urging of my family, the time has come for me to leave the game.

If you look at my stats, it's clear I'm nowhere near the best player in Epsilon, but I do have several claims to fame.

I started out in March of 2010 as a complete noob to this kind of game. But I was lucky enough to make the right friends and join the right alliances to allow me to rise to the top 10 of the world.

Along the way I helped hold together the #1 alliance here for more than a year, through many challenges involving changes in leadership, enemies, alliances and players.

And I've never lost a city to an enemy. You could say that was due to non-aggressive play, but it's also because those who attempted it, the latest being Rowney from LoV, quickly found out that I know how to defend and decided to move on to easier targets. (Though admittedly, I was never a target of enga or DK, else that stat might not hold.)

I don't think there's anyone else in Eps who can make a similar claim.

If I want to be known for anything, though, it's that I stood by my alliance and helped our members in every way I could. And they helped me in turn. Every time I asked for anything, our members came through for me. The number of people I'm indebted to, both past and current, are too numerous to mention.

I know people like to say that SE's days are numbered, but despite an aggressive show by LoV, I just don't see that happening. We've got a great leadership team in place, and my leaving won't change that. And although we have a hard time getting our butts in gear sometimes, we will defend our territory. Mark my words, in the 2.0 world we will reign as the final champs.

My only regret is that I never hit Dom up for a cool sig. No one does it better than she does. :)

It's been a great pleasure working both for and against you. I hope you all have fun in the 2.0 environment, and I'm sorry I won't get a chance to be involved in how that plays out. I'll be lurking on the forum, though, to catch up on the latest gossip and see what happens.

Fight on everyone - and long live Seriously Enlightened!

Cheers - Melissius

DeletedUser6029

Dang nabbit mel...you brought me out of retirement!!!! Good luck in your real life, whatever that direction takes you.

You should have asked :D I would have gladly made you one :D

DeletedUser4945

It's never too late, right? :) I know you would have. Mine would have been boring tho... lol

DeletedUser

It takes a lot to run an alliance of that size.

Respect.

DeletedUser4945

Thanks, Alterra - I remember you were the only one to mention me as a top player. Meant a lot. Back atcha. :)

edit - actually looking back that was Alex - but I'll count you anyway! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Your leadership and friendship will be greatly missed in SE. We couldnt have asked for a better leader to replace the old Krudon and work so complimentary with DivingDW. You two made it a joy to play the game, while leading us to the #1 spot. Good luck in RL Mel, it was a pleasure playing with you :)

DeletedUser

Damn Mel! I hope you are not quitting because you hadn't made my target list? I was planning on including you there very soon!!! ;-D

Anyway, I am sorry to see you go. Epsilon need all the active players it can hold on to, and fighting SE will not be the same fun when some of the best players have left.

Good luck with your commitments in RL!

cheers,
enga

DeletedUser

Yea early on in the S.E. War you were the one I wanted to target first, but well out of respect for one my friends in this alliance I told him I would not target you unless you attacked me. The odds made that an easy decision lol Plus at that point there was a lot more action going on in these waters.

good luck in the future and give your account to a noob so when you decide to come back you can grab it from the noob :)

DeletedUser6029

Guys, she left Epsilon because she knows I have left Epsilon :D

DeletedUser

Really going to miss you Mel. But I understand and wish you the Best. It has always been an Honor and a ton of fun with you around.

jack116798

Phrourach
you will be missed & you were always ready to give a person a chance .
You have made SE STRONG & there is a good team in charge now to keep it going into the future .

DeletedUser

Ahh now thats not on without the glue will the frame hold together only time will tell. Although I have not had the pleasure of working with you nor against you. I was always told great things about you lets hope your not the straw that break's the camels back :eek:

Seriously respected ;)

Leaders rise and fall around this world but this is one leader I think all leaders should take a moment. If you didn't know him or know his actions take it from me He is and was a stand up guy. :cool:

I only hope his alliance can keep his good work going cos that will keep the fun going. :pro:

DeletedUser

although i wasn't in SE with you that long Mel, it was an absolute pleasure and worth it.

you will be missed, but we will continue to fight in the same vein as when you were around... for you and all the other players no longer with us.

GD

DeletedUser

Goodbye Mel,
I will really miss our chats and this world will be a little less bright without you.

Keep in touch when your on Skype and enjoy all your new found free time just dont spend it all dancing.

KingC xx

DeletedUser

OMG - i was hoping if i came back some of the old crew would be around but now this is the first forum thread i read:(

DeletedUser19523

never really knew you, but we had a chat here and there... i always wanted to play with you in SE, but appparently all those cities you never lost tried to make the enemy come after me instead. trust me, i would love to be in SE with ya, but i guess that wont happen. good luck in rl, ill always remember you

DeletedUser

Firstly Mel,

Im really gunna miss ya. It was always fun to have our discusions and pick your brain :)

If it werent for you I wouldnt still be here and wouldnt have made it to SE. If you ever come back Im still in your debt. I hope you told astral before he went under. He'll probly be really sad if you didnt :p

But like I said, Enjoy your life outside grep, The AF recruiter was great :p

xo

really gunna miss ya.
Mathew

DeletedUser

Mel, I'll miss our chats. I know your R/L has taken on new dimensions and I know that 9-10 hrs a day of grepo was wearing you down. Good luck and I hope everything works out for the best; I'm sure it will. Take care my friend.

DeletedUser4945

Thanks for all the well wishes and nods of respect - it means a lot to me. I'm already missing you guys - but not the click click click of builds and festivals! lol

To the Americans - enjoy your Thanksgiving! And everyone else, give the Yanks a break on Thursday!

Cheers - Melissa