Passed Alliance Warehouse

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 70 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal(W)(R)(I)

To create an alliance warehouse where excess resources from the alliance can be stored.

Current Workaround

Give excess resources to one player. However, this works on an honor system, as that one player might use the resources for his own development.

Details

The warehouse will be a place where the resources of the alliance are kept. The total value of the alliance warehouse is based on the number of points that the alliance has. 678,000 points in your alliance gives you 678,000 points for your alliance. However, this amount caps at 1m resources, to encourage good resource management.

The warehouse must be based out of a particular city. This location, though, is entirely based upon the decision of the founder(s) of the alliance. To change the location, the alliance must pay 25% of the total capacity of each resource in the warehouse. This is in terms of the total amount of storage in the warehouse and not the amount that is in it at the time of the move. So a 100k alliance must pay 25k resources to move, even if they only have 50k in their warehouse at the rime of the relocation.

Furthermore, there has to be a minimum of 168 hours(one week) between moves, and the resources are moved at trade speed and are NOT accessible to the alliance during the move.

You require a marketplace to transfer resources to the alliance warehouse. Resources can be given to the alliance warehouse through a new tab in the Alliance Screen, called Alliance Warehouse.

Resources in the warehouse can be taken away by attacking the city that the warehouse is located in. If the player happens to attack the alliance warehouse, he/she will get a report:

Battle Report said:
You have found the warehouse of the alliance [insert alliance name here]! Untold riches may lie in store here!

However, 75% of the resources in the warehouse cannot be taken away and are only accessible to the members of the alliance that owns them(D). An alliance warehouse CANNOT be detected by regular spying through the cave.

Founders can regulate the transfer of resources in the alliance, setting separate access rights to founders, leaders, and other members. They can change the settings at will, and the are the only ones that can do so. They can also regulate transfers to other alliances via the same screen. However, all members of the alliance can give, take, and distribute resources, so long as they are within the limits set by the founders.

There will be rewards such as "Contributor of the Day"(gave most to their alliance warehouse on that day), "Tightwad"(Contribute less than other members on any given day), and Resource Hoard(Take away more than 5% of your total warehouse capacity, doesn't have to be in one go).(SW) Divine powers, good or bad, cast by anyone, cannot affect the warehouse.

Visual Aids

I have one:) :

picture.php

In this image, the right two will have a search function, just like the rankings. You search for the player, and a list of their cities will appear in a drop-down menu(which will look like the one on the leaderboards).

The button to the right of the Player text box will put in the names of all of the cities in your alliance. It will work much the same as Mass Mail, as in that it will put in the names of all players and all of their cities. Type in a player name and city(or multiple), type in the amount you wish to send, then the resources will be on their way, each player getting the amount that the distributor ordered(so long as it is within the distributor's access limit.)

The bottom part, block all transfers if amount is below[x]%, is important. If the amount in the warehouse goes below x%, no one can take, distribute, or transfer in any manner the resources in the warehouse, regardless of access rights. This restriction is waived for founders though.

Balance

Making a place where the whole alliance can store resources is a very revolutionary concept - but it could cause some balance issues. Alliance leaders could pay large sums to bribe other alliances. This idea, in fact, would increase the essence of teamwork in even the best-administered alliances, and would help bring about the downfall of the large "legacy" MRA's which fill the top alliances by increasing the need for cooperation within alliances.

A large alliance may have a lot of money in their warehouse. This is balanced out by it being located somewhere, so that that money can be stolen.

When an alliance disbands, purely basing the resources each player gets on the number of points each player has would be unfair to smaller players. On the other hand, dividing the money between each member evenly would penalize the players who have worked hard to build their cities. To balance that out, here is an equation that I made(original idea by McCrafty17):

Distribution Methods in Case of Disbandment said:
This is a bit lengthy, so I have enclosed the equation in spoiler tags:

[(p+a) * r/c]/2 = t​

p = points of that particular player
a = average points

t = total resources that player gets from the alliance warehouse.

r = amount of resources in the alliance warehouse
c = total capacity of alliance warehouse

This equation is calculated per resource. In other words, the equation is done thrice; once for wood, once for rock and once for silver.

For a hypothetical 230,000 point alliance with an average points of 5,000, the scene for a 10,000 point member would look like this the day the alliance disbanded:

Equation for Wood

[(10,000+5,000) * 100,000/230,000]/2 = 3,261*

Equation for Rock

[(10,000+5,000) * 173,000/230,000]/2 = 5,641*

Equation for Silver

[(10,000+5,000) * 67,000/230,000]/2 = 2,185*

* Rounded to the Nearest Whole Number

Pseudo-code version said:
Let's assume that the Hypothetical_Alliance variable contains everything to do with the alliance. Also, the function DisbandmentEquation() performs the equation above. The variables wood, rock, and silver hold the quantities of the said resources.

if(PlayerPoints == 10,000){
if(alliance_disbands(Hypothetical_Alliance))
{​
if(resource == wood)​
{​
DisbandmentEquation(wood);​
}​

if(resource == rock)​
{​
DisbandmentEquation(rock);​
}​

if(resource == silver)​
{​
DisbandmentEquation(silver);​
}​
}​
}

This rewards players for their efforts, but still makes if fair for the smaller players. The reason for adding the r/c component was to prevent "overdrafts" of the alliance warehouse.(dip)

Abuse Prevention

Bribery and corruption could become a huge problem for alliances. To prevent this, the alliance founder will have to authorize the transfer of any amount of money greater than the thresholds set by the founders. This can be done just like accepting/declining invitations.

Some alliances may want to repeatedly change the location of the alliance warehouse in order to make sure that it is next to impossible to attack. This is countered by the alliance having to pay 25% of the total capacity of the warehouse to the merchants who are moving it(and by this I mean 25% of how much the warehouse can hold, not the amount that is in the warehouse at the time of the relocation.) So if you have a 500,000 point alliance, you have to pay 150,000 of each resource to the merchants in order to relocate it(and if you have less than 25% in the warehouse, you cannot move it.) Furthermore, you can only move an alliance warehouse a maximum once every week(168 hours). So even if you have enough resources, but haven't waited a week, you can't move your warehouse.(F)

Some people may try to "dodge" their personal resources by keeping them in the alliance warehouse when under attack. To prevent this, you can only give a max of your total marketplace capacity per city over any 24-hour period. If you have a level 10 marketplace in 3 cities - 10000 units of resources it is.(F)

Once you choose to order a shipment to the alliance warehouse, it cannot be cancelled and any resources that you send in excess of the total amount that can be stored in the warehouse will be removed.

Summary

I think that this is a great idea that will change the face of Grepolis. However, an alliance founder could always just take money for themselves. This needs to be addressed.

(D)=Suggested by MetalCore
(SW)=Suggested by Sakatorou
(dip)=Suggested by McCrafty17
(F)=Suggested by JKP3NT

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2663

Nice idea and you have identified the issues involved with this quite nicely

WareHouse location- nice idea and though out to create balance. seems fair but i would like to see the feture the normal wharehouse has eg lvl 30 hides 3000 of each resource as well so an alliance wouldnt loose everything. so say 10% of the alliances points?

Amount of resources storable- i myself cant think of anything so i guess yours is good enough. points=space. ( just chucking it out there, mybe incorperate BP points into it as well, just another option there )

For who can access what resources i think there could be a more complex system where a leader can go through and manually set the amount ( as a % ) that a member may use from it over a certain amount of time. Example- A player has been set at 5% per week as the maximum. i believe that the leaders should be able to distribute more of the resources though as they are most likely going to organise it so give them freedom to fully execute it. Adding a new right (maybe Clerk or Admin) could also help with warehouse access as you mentioned

I think that this is a great idea that will change the face of Grepolis. However, an alliance founder could always just take money for themselves. This needs to be addressed.

in that case get a new alliance. There are pleanty out there where this would never be a problem.

The whole bribary idea sounds good to me as it adds more to the diplomatic side of the game. more intruge and politics ( if this goes through i will hate saying that lol ). and eventually more reason for WAR!! Corruption is already a problem and it wont make it to much worse ( unless there are more greedy players on this than i thought )

overall a pretty nice idea and hopefully with feedback from the community this will go through to a vote

DeletedUser

Great ideas MetalCore, I added one to the OP.:) However, about the additional permissions, I don't know. I myself would want to see that implemented, but the devs may have different ideas.

DeletedUser2663

also you say there will be a location given. is there any way for it to be revealed to eneimies. how would people know where it is and who would know.

DeletedUser

im disagree.:heh:think,you will easily understand the reason.

DeletedUser2663

I think that it should be revealed to enemies. When you hover over a city with your mouse, there will be a picture of (I) instead of that blue flag
forum_new.gif
for the alliance, which will show that that city is the location of the alliance warehouse. This will increase the essence of teamwork further, because if your enemies know who has the money, it is all the more reason to defend that person.
hmm i also disagree with this. i thnk it should only be able to be seen by being attacked

eg an additional message comming up in a sucessfull attack

You troops have uncovered the Enemy Alliance warehouse. Untold riches are bound to be found here!

but then there should be a way of moving the location of the warehouse i have no ideas presently though

DeletedUser

hmm i also disagree with this. i thnk it should only be able to be seen by being attacked

eg an additional message comming up in a sucessfull attack

You troops have uncovered the Enemy Alliance warehouse. Untold riches are bound to be found here!

but then there should be a way of moving the location of the warehouse i have no ideas presently though

Okay, sorry about that. I couldn't decide what to put in, and you have given me a great idea again MetalCore. I will add that to the OP, and your ideas will be identified by a (D).

DeletedUser2663

Proposal(W)(R)(I)

To prevent abuse from one player, leaders are the only ones who can access public alliance funds and redistribute them. However, a leader cannot distribute more than:

20% of the resources if the alliance has between 0-50,000 points
10% of the resources if the alliance has between 50,001-100k points
05% of the resources if the alliance has more than 100,000 points

at a time without the permission of a founder.

i think this needs to be changed. Now for my opinion im basing it off leadership structures in the alliances i have been in. Most alliances have a unique leadership so its hard to prevent abuse of resources here. From the Leaderships i have been under this should be changed to

50% of the resources if the alliance has between 0-50,000 points
60% of the resources if the alliance has between 50,001-100k points
75% of the resources if the alliance has more than 100,001 points.

From my past expereinces, leadership would be the only ones able to access this and would be the only ones who need to access it. ( or other allowed to under certain conditions ), so they should be able to distribute it Quickly and effectivly. But this is based on an alliance with few leaders. with some alliances where every1 gets leader privilages ( yes they do exist ) this would be catastrophic. as it would always be empty due to the fact every1 would use the resources.

For the amount Leaders can distribute it should depend upon the amount of leaders in the alliance ( Get some formula for this to make it fancy looking ) and members with privilages ratioed to how many members total. this means Small leadership alliances are able to make effective moves and alliances with large leadership are heavily limited so they cant take mauch and to co-ordinate something to do with those resources would take the co-operation of all the leaders ( nothing wrong with that )

DeletedUser

i think this needs to be changed. Now for my opinion im basing it off leadership structures in the alliances i have been in. Most alliances have a unique leadership so its hard to prevent abuse of resources here. From the Leaderships i have been under this should be changed to

50% of the resources if the alliance has between 0-50,000 points
60% of the resources if the alliance has between 50,001-100k points
75% of the resources if the alliance has more than 100,001 points.

From my past expereinces, leadership would be the only ones able to access this and would be the only ones who need to access it. ( or other allowed to under certain conditions ), so they should be able to distribute it Quickly and effectivly. But this is based on an alliance with few leaders. with some alliances where every1 gets leader privilages ( yes they do exist ) this would be catastrophic. as it would always be empty due to the fact every1 would use the resources.

For the amount Leaders can distribute it should depend upon the amount of leaders in the alliance ( Get some formula for this to make it fancy looking ) and members with privilages ratioed to how many members total. this means Small leadership alliances are able to make effective moves and alliances with large leadership are heavily limited so they cant take mauch and to co-ordinate something to do with those resources would take the co-operation of all the leaders ( nothing wrong with that )

Once again, you have come up with a brilliant idea. For the devs, this part won't be too hard to implement - only a few if statements. I am adding this idea to the OP.

DeletedUser2663

nice, this is what the discusion stage is all about lol. getting another view point and idea's of your own in order to improve the original idea

DeletedUser

I edited the OP to include a simple but easily workable equation just like that. It penalizes alliances for having big governments and instead has them make a smaller, efficient government.

DeletedUser2663

nice that is a good improvement. if i can come with any more improvements that can be made i will post them

DeletedUser2795

This seems like too much of a change in game play for me to accept it, if you want to be able to pool resources within an alliance, either organize it, or go play another game (I can think of at least 2 off-hand that can provide a person with a pooling ability)

DeletedUser441

This seems like too much of a change in game play for me to accept it, if you want to be able to pool resources within an alliance, either organize it, or go play another game (I can think of at least 2 off-hand that can provide a person with a pooling ability)

If the game don't change than it gets boaring and people start quitting
Got to make changes to make the game more interesting

Also can you build separate warehouse because if the warehouse is in a ocean but the player is several ocean away it could take a lot time before the resources reaches him

DeletedUser

How will the resources be transported?

Maybe with the merchants from the market? That would also be an abuse prevention.

I think the only problem would be with players being kicked if they didn't send resources, this could be an alternative to taxing alliances.

DeletedUser

This is a really awesome idea. Okay. I think the resource should just be automatically sent. Of course, the player would lose a free person and the other player would gain one.Or the warehouse would have its own workers to send stuff around. I also like this idea because of another reason. I could post my idea if this idea is implemented.;)

DeletedUser

This is a really awesome idea. Okay. I think the resource should just be automatically sent. Of course, the player would lose a free person and the other player would gain one.Or the warehouse would have its own workers to send stuff around. I also like this idea because of another reason. I could post my idea if this idea is implemented.;)

I agree, because otherwise the small alliances will have almost nothing in their warehouse.

DeletedUser2663

ok some more ideas of mine

Transporting= Not sure how transporting resources without a market place would work ( good idea but up to the devs to see if it can be done ). I say just keep it to you transport it via the markets but in the market place have some kind of quick tab like

"offeres by others" "create an offer" "alliance warehouse"

and you acces the warehouse from that new tab. from there you would have options like donate resources etc and leaders could have access to see the amount stored there, as i think only leaders should be able to see amounts in there. leaders could also use that tab to set rules for ir eg- how much a player can withdraw over a certain amount of time. or a way introduced to allow bigger players can withdraw more than little players eg- 10k player can withdraw 10k of ea every 48 hours and a 50k player can withdraw 20k every 48 hours.

Location= Founder should be able to demolish the warehouse and move it only when it is empty. this can be done at the senate. Also the founder should be able to place it in other leaders cities for stratical reasons but would need a way for him 2 demolish a building in another players cities.

Bribery-
Bribery and corruption could become a huge problem for alliances. To prevent this, the alliance founder will have to authorize the transfer of any amount of money greater than the above thresholds. This can be done just like accepting/declining invitations.

I say alliance ware house resources can only be sent to players apart of that alliance. therefor stop it from being used to bribing other alliances

ADDED- we could also make it so we can use god powers like kingly gift and wedding on it.

New Idea- Add a interest system on the warehouse.

Eg- We have a rate of 5% per week-2 weeks to make it more benificial and rewarding for alliances who use it more

Status
Not open for further replies.