Passed Alliance Warehouse

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 70 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2795

oh, then perhaps the alliance warehouse is capable of being raided, but it goes from city to city of the top 25% of an alliance and stays in each city for 3 days before 'moving on' and only alliance founders/leaders/the person who is currently guarding the warehouse would know where it was and therefore it would not be known by anyone except if the leaders chose to say :)

DeletedUser6029

oh my, I think you made that complicated on purpose...lol

DeletedUser2795

not on purpose, relatively simple, the alliance warehouse likes to travel it it chose to take a little boat over to each city, it is a very fast little boat

DeletedUser

I have been following this discussion, to see where it would go and maybe change my mind. It has not done so, I still say no to this idea. If you belong to an effective alliance that supports it's members, you should be able to speak to the leaders of your alliance and request assistance in getting resources. If there are alliance members who are capable of donating to a warehouse then they should most certainly be able to donate directly to an ally in need.

DeletedUser

I have been following this discussion, to see where it would go and maybe change my mind. It has not done so, I still say no to this idea. If you belong to an effective alliance that supports it's members, you should be able to speak to the leaders of your alliance and request assistance in getting resources. If there are alliance members who are capable of donating to a warehouse then they should most certainly be able to donate directly to an ally in need.

Sigismund,

May people have misinterpreted the idea, and are saying that the alliance warehouse travels in a little boat. That is not true. The whole reason for this is that the alliance needs somewhere to keep its resources. Currently alliances are very loose, and I just wanted to make something that belongs to the alliance, not any one player.

During wartime, you may not have a surplus of resources to donate. All energies will go into building troops for the war effort. Many people have failed to see this as it was intended, something to add to and then draw from in a time of need. If you had to give large amounts of resources directly during wartime, the shipment may have to wait for a while or may not come at all. This is meant as a meaningful component in the transfer of resources, not another step in the process.

As for resources in the warehouse: They do not travel in a little boat. If the owner of the city where the warehouse is located defects to another alliance, the warehouse will lose some of the resources(say 20%) and the leader of the alliance has to choose another location. This would make it harder for the volatile MRA's to progress.

Well, if the warehouse is able to be raided, as it was suggested in an earlier idea, but the location is secret, if say you and I were in the same alliance and you made me mad, I left and went somewhere else, so does the information regarding the location of said warehouse.

That's right and wrong. They won't automatically get the location, but you could always message the other alliance leader about this.

Take Care,
empirebuilder123

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

I was just suggesting something, it isn't like I like this idea anyways

DeletedUser2795

I suggested it in order to fix the possibility of anyone leaving the alliance, and betraying where the warehouse was, of course, it could stay in place for a week, or a month

DeletedUser

I suggested it in order to fix the possibility of anyone leaving the alliance, and betraying where the warehouse was, of course, it could stay in place for a week, or a month

If a member leaves, you could always change the location of the alliance warehouse. However, this will take a lot of money, as a form of abuse prevention(see OP). This will make it harder for the volatile MRA's to do much with their alliance, and will increase cooperation and improve the functioning of the alliances in the Grepolis world.

DeletedUser6029

Here is my only question on this idea. When an alliance breaks up, or a person leaves with a vendetta...what then?

I am still stuck here. I still say no. I agree, a good alliance shares, this to me would start the ability of "taxing", and I find that a horrible prospect.

DeletedUser

I am still stuck here. I still say no. I agree, a good alliance shares, this to me would start the ability of "taxing", and I find that a horrible prospect.

Any well-run alliance would not tax its members, or would give all tax money to those who need it most(not the elites) and use it for worthwile projects. I can see what you're referring to, yes, but there is already enough corruption going on in many alliances. To improve transparency, the link below the "contribute" section will show who took the money, who contributed, as well as attacks and defense. So in my opinion integrating these functions with an alliance will help to expose cases of unfair taxation.

Here is my only question on this idea. When an alliance breaks up, or a person leaves with a vendetta...what then?

As for this part... The alliance founder will have to change the location of the warehouse. For more information see the Details section of the OP.

DeletedUser6029

Any well-run alliance would not tax its members, or would give all tax money to those who need it most(not the elites) and use it for worthwile projects. I can see what you're referring to, yes, but there is already enough corruption going on in many alliances. To improve transparency, the link below the "contribute" section will show who took the money, who contributed, as well as attacks and defense. So in my opinion integrating these functions with an alliance will help to expose cases of unfair taxation.

And a well run alliance shouldn't need to do this. A well run alliance has a place on their forum where excess can be donated to a person in need, or traded with a teammate.

As for this part... The alliance founder will have to change the location of the warehouse. For more information see the Details section of the OP.

and again, if the alliance falls apart, or the founder leaves? I also have a real problem with one person having my resources to spend how he wants. It is like taxes. I hate that Uncle Sam spends my money on things I don't agree with. Say a member attacks someone that he really really should not have, and oops, started a clearing war....I don't want my resources going to bail out an idiot. Plain and simple. I want my resources to go where I send them.

DeletedUser

And a well run alliance shouldn't need to do this. A well run alliance has a place on their forum where excess can be donated to a person in need, or traded with a teammate.

and again, if the alliance falls apart, or the founder leaves? I also have a real problem with one person having my resources to spend how he wants. It is like taxes. I hate that Uncle Sam spends my money on things I don't agree with. Say a member attacks someone that he really really should not have, and oops, started a clearing war....I don't want my resources going to bail out an idiot. Plain and simple. I want my resources to go where I send them.

If the alliance falls apart, the money will be divided evenly amongst the members. And as for the taxation, no well-run alliance would abuse this feature.

DeletedUser

I like the idea. Seems like in a world filled with alliances.... monsterously huge alliances... central repositories would be effective and usefull.

DeletedUser

Does anyone have any feedback before I consider this for development discussions?

PS Updated OP.

DeletedUser441

Will be even better if alliance member can trade resources with alliance's warehouse
But this should be done with premission of leaders/founders

DeletedUser

Will be even better if alliance member can trade resources with alliance's warehouse
But this should be done with premission of leaders/founders

It doesn't need any permission if it is done within the set thresholds. Just contribute the number of resources you wish to give, and in the Player section, just enter your name and the city you want to get the resources. There will be reports on who took what so members are always informed about who took what.

DeletedUser6029

I still vote no. I don't like the idea.

I have no interest in getting a share of the resources if my alliance falls apart, especially if I have contributed more than say my neighbor. Accountability for your alliance, if they aren't team players, kick them...see. No need for a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.