Top 12 Alliances Sink or Swim

DeletedUser48750

Quick question for the big alliances how's that 100 person ally cap working out for you. Last I heard Eligos were pacted with BH and OV possibly with necromongers and Wake of the kraken to. How do I get in on this action I've had a long day and could use some hugs

Your intel doesn't sound like very accurate. In fact, last time I heard Eligos was pacted with the Rome. After that I heard there was a coalition consists of 9? 10? alliances led by Rome against Eligos?

I think it will be more wise to pm Eligos diplomat if there is any diplomatic issues to discuss.

DeletedUser10962

I tried sadly it appears the diplomat has his arms and hands full hugging to reply.

DeletedUser48750

I do not understand why there are so many complaints against the Eligos.
Eligos is fighting against the Roman Coalition (9-10 alliances against Eligos/TBC/Addicts)
If the Roman can't win the war, it is a problem on leadership and game plan.

thewilsh

Phrourach
I hear those Romans and Dragons are also doing a sterling job fighting a small alliance up in 034 ..... Must be the Experienced Ocean Commanders at their disposal

DeletedUser

yeah, the Romans seem to be failing badly right now - they have no coordination in anything and the alliance is flooded with MM's that nobody reads due to the sheer number of them, leading to huge amounts of lost cities. then you get more messages from them people complaining about the lost cities. eligos is going to win this war because they know what they are doing. romans tried, but its a lost cause at this point

Silver Witch

Strategos
Quick question for the big alliances how's that 100 person ally cap working out for you. Last I heard Eligos were pacted with BH and OV possibly with necromongers and Wake of the kraken to. How do I get in on this action I've had a long day and could use some hugs

Im not sure where you heard such things - might be worthwhile investing in more reliable sources. Witches are not great huggers as a rule.

DeletedUser52814

Im not sure where you heard such things - might be worthwhile investing in more reliable sources. Witches are not great huggers as a rule.

Reliable information? In the forums?
No such thing

Rule 1 of forum propaganda is anything repeated enough times becomes truth
Who needs truth and facts when making up rumors, its more fun to just state some plausible comments and keep repeating them because of course the people on the receiving end will believe them. Its easier for them to accept being defeated by some huge coalition then to accept that their huge coalition is getting steamrolled.

DeletedUser

Problem with TRE isn't leaders, it's more so that 75% of players are inexperienced, not good, and/or non-communicative. While the best players there (mainly Immortals) are some of best on server, they cannot make up the slack for the others.

Plus the number of inactives they have is killer, but these are all things to expect from MRA

DeletedUser52116

i see you left them (right decision i think) well its a shame that some good players are in an alliance like The Roman & Praetorian Joke .... i mean how its possible they are still here ... all i see are romans cities under siege everywhere ... one of their players just quit bcs he lost around 24 cities in just 2 days and some of their good players have entered VM and i dont think they will come back ... i dont know why they are still going on in this world

DeletedUser48750

Problem with TRE isn't leaders, it's more so that 75% of players are inexperienced, not good, and/or non-communicative. While the best players there (mainly Immortals) are some of best on server, they cannot make up the slack for the others.

Plus the number of inactives they have is killer, but these are all things to expect from MRA

This is a leadership problem.

Because, a leader's job isn't mass recruiting all enemies of your ally and pact the whole world to avoid every possible war.

This is a war game.

DeletedUser

This is a leadership problem.

Because, a leader's job isn't mass recruiting all enemies of your ally and pact the whole world to avoid every possible war.

This is a war game.

Fair enough, what I meant was that its not that they aren't trying to improve the situation (admittedly which they created), they just can't with what they have

DeletedUser40222

Not a big forum guy but I had to see the comments on this world after a discussion with a few top players in HELIKE about HELIKE. I have some comments of my own.

1. This is probably the worst world I have played in. Its turning out to be MRA Eligos vs MRA Dragons for the server. I have never seen a world where the alliance cap is 100 and an alliance feels the need to have 3, 4, 5 divisions under its name PLUS PACTS!! Since the Roman break up, we now also have a new extension to the dragon empire - breathing fire while the rest join Eligos. Its just so poor. A cap of 100 is more than enough. This is spoiling the game for small alliances like mine who are trying to do it on our own and have fun with it. One siege from us, sees myth fliers coming from 2 oceans away and I am sitting here wondering if anyone else is fighting. I am almost sure the top two alliances ARE NOT!!

2. Eligos diplomacy is one of their most powerful weapons. I believe it is the reason they are where they are and still growing stronger. However, what I did not like is how they try to break up any alliance that seems an equal match by trying to recruit players or turn players with this diplomacy weapon of theirs. That is the part of the game I don't like, but at the same time, Eligos have done us small alliances a favour. They took all the sell outs and took them in for themselves. What they left behind is alliances with only loyal pure players who you can trust and enjoy playing with, without fear of being back stabbed. I would love to see when things get heavy for Eligos, if these same sell outs don't hit the ghost button when there is no other alliance to run to. Still taking nothing away from the backbone of Eligos that I feel will always remain even when the sell outs dont.

3. I also received an offer to join Eligos and (as honoured as I was) I would have joined if it had not been for the fact that I would be leaving behind a great team of new players who put their trust in me and their time in me. I only play this world for them now. I lose sleep only for them now. I would have joined their alliance if I knew my team were coming with me, and we were together going to go for the server with no one else. All the "hugs" as you guys put it, really spoils the game and gives little hope for new players to enjoy the game or learn how to play it.

4. Finally, whoever was trying to quote CW about burning witches at the stake, dont be a Rupert Murdock and print off any crap that sounds good. Yes we fight Eligos because they are the server favourites and we share a boarder with them. Isn't that what your meant to do? And we try to have fun doing it too. Dont make things harder than it is by quoting us on stuff we didn't say. Thanks

This game has seriously changed from a few years back. It isn't the same game and what is worst, no one wants to really fight. We were part of a coalition of maybe 5-6 alliances lead by the Romans. Do you know how much support we received from our "allies". Zero. Absolutely nothing!! Not even a piece of intel lol. But we are proud to be on our own, proud to be fighting the server favourites and proud of the team I am in and the players new to the game who have grown with the alliance. Proud to be part of an alliance that keeps it fun and simple.

I think the question in this world is....will there be any alliances left that do not have an "Eligos" or "Dragon" themed alliance name by the end? Now that is a question to ask....

As I said at the beginning, I do not write on the forum much, so thank for reading my small book. I feel like it needs a title. I'll call it "Tales of a Wolf". Awooooooooooo!!

DeletedUser

This world just keeps getting more and more confusing. I'm just on the rim with two new guys feeding on a big alliance(Alliance is full of newbies with juicy cities and give easy bp), but still helping out my alliance when I can. All this diplomacy, merging and alliance changing is too much for me. I like it simple: attack and conquer enemies.

DeletedUser52116

their "best players" were angry and disappointed with TRE and their noobs and what they did now ? these "best players of TRE" or like we say in my country : "the milks cream" formed another alliance "Breathing Fire" and invite the same simmers and noobs they were angry and disappointed with so basically nothing has changed except the fact that now they are worse than they were lol :D their most active players have joined TBC/Eligos/The Last Stand or are in VM

DeletedUser48750

Not a big forum guy but I had to see the comments on this world after a discussion with a few top players in HELIKE about HELIKE. I have some comments of my own.

1. This is probably the worst world I have played in. Its turning out to be MRA Eligos vs MRA Dragons for the server. I have never seen a world where the alliance cap is 100 and an alliance feels the need to have 3, 4, 5 divisions under its name PLUS PACTS!! Since the Roman break up, we now also have a new extension to the dragon empire - breathing fire while the rest join Eligos. Its just so poor. A cap of 100 is more than enough. This is spoiling the game for small alliances like mine who are trying to do it on our own and have fun with it. One siege from us, sees myth fliers coming from 2 oceans away and I am sitting here wondering if anyone else is fighting. I am almost sure the top two alliances ARE NOT!!

2. Eligos diplomacy is one of their most powerful weapons. I believe it is the reason they are where they are and still growing stronger. However, what I did not like is how they try to break up any alliance that seems an equal match by trying to recruit players or turn players with this diplomacy weapon of theirs. That is the part of the game I don't like, but at the same time, Eligos have done us small alliances a favour. They took all the sell outs and took them in for themselves. What they left behind is alliances with only loyal pure players who you can trust and enjoy playing with, without fear of being back stabbed. I would love to see when things get heavy for Eligos, if these same sell outs don't hit the ghost button when there is no other alliance to run to. Still taking nothing away from the backbone of Eligos that I feel will always remain even when the sell outs dont.

3. I also received an offer to join Eligos and (as honoured as I was) I would have joined if it had not been for the fact that I would be leaving behind a great team of new players who put their trust in me and their time in me. I only play this world for them now. I lose sleep only for them now. I would have joined their alliance if I knew my team were coming with me, and we were together going to go for the server with no one else. All the "hugs" as you guys put it, really spoils the game and gives little hope for new players to enjoy the game or learn how to play it.

4. Finally, whoever was trying to quote CW about burning witches at the stake, dont be a Rupert Murdock and print off any crap that sounds good. Yes we fight Eligos because they are the server favourites and we share a boarder with them. Isn't that what your meant to do? And we try to have fun doing it too. Dont make things harder than it is by quoting us on stuff we didn't say. Thanks

This game has seriously changed from a few years back. It isn't the same game and what is worst, no one wants to really fight. We were part of a coalition of maybe 5-6 alliances lead by the Romans. Do you know how much support we received from our "allies". Zero. Absolutely nothing!! Not even a piece of intel lol. But we are proud to be on our own, proud to be fighting the server favourites and proud of the team I am in and the players new to the game who have grown with the alliance. Proud to be part of an alliance that keeps it fun and simple.

I think the question in this world is....will there be any alliances left that do not have an "Eligos" or "Dragon" themed alliance name by the end? Now that is a question to ask....

As I said at the beginning, I do not write on the forum much, so thank for reading my small book. I feel like it needs a title. I'll call it "Tales of a Wolf". Awooooooooooo!!

Yes, you are completely right. The Eligos did take in 2 Roman players.

Silver Witch

Strategos

Mmm ok so......

1. Eligos has 173 players - where does 3/4/5 alliances come from??? Eligos takes 'the rest' of the Romans - yep that was 2 of them.

2. Alliances breaking up - it happens, players move we take couple. Whats new? Hardly exclusive to Helike!

3. You didn't join - not sure what hugging has to do with it. Wouldn't have thought most would want to hug a monster anyway!!!

4. No one wants to really fight - Lol i beg to differ - what about us! You are the one that was part of the coalition - my sources made it 9/10 alliances but 6 will do. You're the one complaining that we defend our members even if we have to send from different oceans!