Top 12 Alliances

• Thread starter DeletedUser18825
  • Start date

DeletedUser4577

Well, Lucifers Nephew indeed isn't our leader..
He's in council.. Did u even read our alliance profile Derek??
The names being put in the alliance profile can be said as those who represent the alliance right??
Or u read it wrong??
- You guys finally got that settled? Glad to see you got something posted about your leadership but Lucifer was our only contact during talks. If he wasn't the guy to talk to then he should have forwarded the mail to someone who had more say. I am thinking you are doing the talks now though to shut him up due to his mouth...lol.
Hopefully your a bit more respectful than he is....

Oh yeah, we think really hard either to accept ur NAP offer or not..
But we decide we'll go w/ no relation w/ WP..
We believe being NAP w/ WP isn't too different w/ had no NAP since u're warring w/ RP when u're offering us NAP and they're ur NAP too.. I kinda catch WP MO I think..
- We had a bit of a falling out with RomanFather and none of the leadership cared to talk to him or keep up diplomatic talks due to his messages and attitude...so please tell me how great a diplomatic relationship you can have when neither alliances wish to speak to one another. Another thing is before we started attacks we gave them the option to join us as we thought they were great players and we would (are) honored to have them. They decided in a different direction until recently after more talks with them. We couldn't be happier by having them with us but until that time we always kept our end of the deal. We never entered their oceans and stayed on the border and not once crossing it. We stick to our agreements till the end.
If you knew more of the details you would sound smarter here but you know none of them and I wont divulge every single bit of what was going on behind the scenes. Don't take things at face value my friend....

True, those cities w/ no relations/pacts/agreement whatsoever is a free city up for everyone grabs..
But when we're laying siege on a city (GE's in this situation) which isn't in ur relations/pacts/agreement whatsoever (well I know u don't had any attachment w/ them since I've seen GE's city being conquered by WP too) then suddenly one of ur members attacking the city w/ 3 wave trying to lift the siege (77blablaBK) this must be considered as an act of transgression right??

Could you think of any better clearing run? I do the same thing as many others. Its called farming for BP and regularly if you don't know whats in the city you will send what you have around to make sure you clean it out. You can't think we did that intentionally against Blunt?
Let me tell you we have so many conversations about how we are going to make you guys pay with a bunch of brown cities...lol.

So, who's up next??
- What? lol

DeletedUser

Hey donkey,
Ilanders is our pact friends and it's normal to help pact friends (else, how would we can had those shared forums)..

Oh right at this time was in Barbarians
We knew when I was in Wolf pack what you guys were doing as we had a man in Islanders and got told but the great leader of all said suffer it do nothing
So it went on whilst i was in wolf pack and whilst im in Barbarians or would you like some more witty chuckling quotes from joint forums
All im saying is pot kettle black
Your openly moaning when its done against you but happy to do it yourselfs
Its a double wammy for me though as WOlf pack leader was all be nice we got enough targets do this and do that and now for bieng nice to Blunt had it blow up in hes face
Gotta say one happy Donkey here

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

- You guys finally got that settled? Glad to see you got something posted about your leadership but Lucifer was our only contact during talks. If he wasn't the guy to talk to then he should have forwarded the mail to someone who had more say. I am thinking you are doing the talks now though to shut him up due to his mouth...lol.
Hopefully your a bit more respectful than he is....
What's settled?? Things w/ alliance profile??
If only there's some url I can give which record changes of alliance profile to u Derek, coz it's been there the whole time *doh*

- We had a bit of a falling out with RomanFather and none of the leadership cared to talk to him or keep up diplomatic talks due to his messages and attitude...so please tell me how great a diplomatic relationship you can have when neither alliances wish to speak to one another. Another thing is before we started attacks we gave them the option to join us as we thought they were great players and we would (are) honored to have them. They decided in a different direction until recently after more talks with them. We couldn't be happier by having them with us but until that time we always kept our end of the deal. We never entered their oceans and stayed on the border and not once crossing it. We stick to our agreements till the end.
If you knew more of the details you would sound smarter here but you know none of them and I wont divulge every single bit of what was going on behind the scenes. Don't take things at face value my friend....
How to get things behind the scenes and no take face values, when what can be seen are those of face values only??
Do u expect me to plant spies in ur alliance, like how u know our activities in our alliance forums Derek?? *oops, slips of fingers*

We knew when I was in Wolf pack what you guys were doing as we had a man in Islanders and got told but the great leader of all to suffer it do nothing

I gotta say, planting spies to other alliances in this games looks like part of tactics..
A tactics I learnt in hard way and too late too it seems..

Its a double wammy for me though as WOlf pack leader was all be nice we got enough targets do this and do that and now for bieng nice to Blunt had it blow up in hes face
Gotta say one happy Donkey here
Don't really understand this part, sorry donkey..

But yeah, we all need to reflect on ourselves more..
Anyway, back to the game shall we :)

DeletedUser

I left Wp and said at the time some great guys there but a real EDIT of a leader (he even cheated in a game of count to 50 if I remember)

My double wammy is having Blunt constantly try and improve there BP by secretly stacking things (and they boast of defence BP yet never had a fight) and the old leader who knew this was going on but for sake of diplomacy told us just to live with it
This so called war on the externals and love in mails ill enjoy shame no one has posted reports though
Diplomacy will kill this game when most of top 12 are diplomatic to each other yet doing other deals and secret stackings etc but then come on the externals preaching how honourable they are pointing out each others failings
Get some reports up like a good old fashioned war so rest of us can actualy enjoy it

DeletedUser4577

What's settled?? Things w/ alliance profile??
If only there's some url I can give which record changes of alliance profile to u Derek, coz it's been there the whole time *doh*
- *Sigh*

I am sure that donkey was the one to post up about your alliance in a little thread that seems to have been deleted due to getting a bit carried away...that and the original poster asked for it to be removed. Anyways, The thread was all about how no one in Blunt knew who leadership was and blah blah. I can bet I am not the only one that remembers that hence my comment.

How to get things behind the scenes and no take face values, when what can be seen are those of face values only??
Do u expect me to plant spies in ur alliance, like how u know our activities in our alliance forums Derek?? *oops, slips of fingers*

I am not saying to find out whats going on behind the scenes man...do you know what I was even saying? No matter what goes on in stats or what others say there is always another story to what you hear or see. Two sides of the same story perhaps...meaning whatever you see or hear you shouldn't take at face value.
I also have no spies....I've played every world how its suppose to be played and have no clue what you are talking about. Where is your proof to bring up such claims?! I am shocked....and a little hurt.
(Careful with what you post...lol - See Bold)

I left Wp and said at the time some great guys there but a real EDIT of a leader (he even cheated in a game of count to 50 if I remember)

My double wammy is having Blunt constantly try and improve there BP by secretly stacking things (and they boast of defence BP yet never had a fight) and the old leader who knew this was going on but for sake of diplomacy told us just to live with it
This so called war on the externals and love in mails ill enjoy shame no one has posted reports though
Diplomacy will kill this game when most of top 12 are diplomatic to each other yet doing other deals and secret stackings etc but then come on the externals preaching how honourable they are pointing out each others failings
Get some reports up like a good old fashioned war so rest of us can actualy enjoy it
- There is too much I would say about this but I'll let a...hmm...Donkey be a Donkey sorta speak. ;)

DeletedUser

Oh, ok now I get it..
BP does had war even before we had small skirmish Donkey.. It's w/ Generals and Commanders alliance..
And yes, I think diplomacy and all kind of shady things bored this games out.. Maybe that's the reason why some veterans already quitting the game..
Not to mention the feeling ppl feel bout posting in this Grepolis Forum, all kind of non-sense being posted kinda somewhat made ppl stay away from this Grepolis Forum.. That's what I feel anyway, if only bcoz I want to show facts bout those shady things..

I am not saying to find out whats going on behind the scenes man...do you know what I was even saying? No matter what goes on in stats or what others say there is always another story to what you hear or see. Two sides of the same story perhaps...meaning whatever you see or hear you shouldn't take at face value.
I also have no spies....I've played every world how its suppose to be played and have no clue what you are talking about. Where is your proof to bring up such claims?! I am shocked....and a little hurt.
(Careful with what you post...lol - See Bold)

- There is too much I would say about this but I'll let a...hmm...Donkey be a Donkey sorta speak. ;)
*sigh* u just sent a messages to all Blunt Posse members offering their positions in WP if they become ur inside spies, what else need to be said now??
Not to mention ur alliance already almost on their max number members, what a dishonest things to promise that.. Ck ck..
Or are u gonna said "I can always kick my present members to give up spaces"?? tsk tsk..

DeletedUser4577

There is always a house cleaning to be done... :)

I thought my letter was a great offer...I really did. Do you disapprove?
I've got a few interesting responses...
Author said:
wolf_signature_by_xeyoiz-d3n35u2.png

Greetings From [player]DerekRisen001[/player]

I have come to you today to bring an offer to you all. Well a few perhaps depending on what is acceptable to your alliance. As you can see we have all intentions of moving into Blunt Posse territory and ruining your game. We may be fighting on other fronts but I am sure we can divert enough attention for that much at the very least. Why did this war start? What was it caused over? It hit off for us when we found a CS in one of our cities by Lucifer...Congrats on that but thanks for the two we took in return. Would have been more but that will come soon...
Also, I got to wonder why no one even tried to help get the cities back? Even a little? At least we tried even after seeing how many supports were inbound. I would have expected an alliance as high ranking as yours to fight for your members but I suppose thats not how things are done there...Tsk, Tsk.

Offer One:
I would like everyone to tell me how they can possibly work with anyone as arrogant and disrespectful as Lucifer? I've seen some messages and things said by him that have been down right unacceptable in all forms and wonder how in the world you actually get along with this guy?
So I offer you all this - Peace but with a cost.
We split Ocean 56 and keep a neutral look at it, You dont bother us and we wont bother you. The catch is you must give us Lucifer and swear not to support and help him in anyway. Thats it! All we want is Lucifer...the one that started this mess and actually disrespected our alliance member in ways I cannot say.

Offer Two:
I am wondering if anyone would like to work for me? As in spying and reporting any and all plans that Blunt Posse decides upon. Messages from within the forum and so forth. I am a great guy even though others try to portray me as something else and I am sure I can treat you with more respect than others have...I can promise you if you were in trouble WP would have your back no matter what the odds. Thats how we take care of one another and I give you that olive branch with this deal. Spy for me and help WP take over and earn a spot with the alliance that will win this world.
We already are making plans for wonders! lol

Offer Three:
Resist all of the above and join the bandwagon that has formed against WP and be able to say you were 1/5 alliances that tried to bring down the Wolves. What a fearsome group you all will be won't you? Run around trying to make all the deals you can so that you will have the desired amount of assistance you most certainly will need. Accept one of the above options and then from this time make a name for yourself as a great alliance that fought against someone else then just joining what everyone else is doing. Bandwagons just sound lame to me...Not much of a "glory" moment I would think.

Can't wait to hear from you and if I don't I wish you luck in the war,
- DR001

DeletedUser

Well I know old FUBAR responce would be united
You offered no cake no deal.

Forgive me for spamming But i thought this ws all about top 12 and the world war of everyone vs Wolf pack but al im seeing is get out of jail free cards in fact ill bet Wolf PAck have earned more BP for the second day running ive lost a CS ship to them than what the "war" has given them :)

And to balance things I dont believe all the problems are down to Lucifers nephew sorry ive spoken to the guy and hes way to stupid to be able to cause much problems

DeletedUser

I spy WP have an academy alliance for recruiting yet more members...

DeletedUser

Well my last external post as im in an alliance so normal rules apply
Academy :eek: merges and sercetly doing deals yet claiming to be part of world war :Angry:

So to both WP and Blunt ill act as a fellow animal K9 would do
New policy if I cant eat it or play with it ill just my leg up and destroy it

DeletedUser27813

Surely merges and secret dealings are part and parcel of this game? If not all alliances in all Worlds might as well pack up and go home

Smoke and mirrors, eh? Wolfpack Training Ground is going to take over the World!

DeletedUser

+1 to whoever had the cheek to make it though
gotta take some front to upset the big boy and maybe they overlooked the threat the rest of the world would kill WP little guys lol

I actualy wish these guys well for some reason although I doubt they even playing now lol

DeletedUser

The text that you have entered is too long (13539 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.
I hate this message. Really -_- I'm cutting the text in two

Were you expecting an update from me ? :)
It's been long.

I was wondering how i should update this. My previous updates had lots of stats in it. But the world changed a lot, so most of these stats don't really matter anymore, since the stats of old alliances who merged aren't saved, so the average goes down stupidly. Some other stats (like the number of city conquered) are lost too.
Anyway, i choose to make this update a pack of thoughts about the top 12 alliances, rather than a pack of stats. I'll still put some, but not as much as last time. Remember, these are MY thoughts, not these of my alliances, nor yours, readers, so feel free to disagree and argue with me, but please, stay civil and polite ;-)

Since most of the changes affected Wolf Pack and my own alliance, i'll obviously talk about them the most. No offense for the others, i just don't like talking about things i don't know :-

I) Wolf Pack
Members: 83
Cities: 460 (5,5 per member)
ABP: 498197 (6002 per member) (/!\ Careful, stats affected by merge /!\ )
DBP: 126317 (1522 per member) (/!\ Careful, stats affected by merge /!\ )

Comment: There's so much to say on WP, i don't even know where i should start. Since the beginning of the world, they took the place of number 1 or 2. Trusting the top 2 places in ABP. First alliance to make a plan ops, which proved skills. First alliance to secure his ocean. They were totally dominating this world, and all alliances near them were nervous.

Then all pretences were lost, when Derek, in a laudable try to wake up the external forums, declare war on the west (more specifically, on the Horsemen).
At that time, only 2 alliances had their oceans secured: WP and Idle Hands. We were pacted, and were planning to enter oc35 together, as asked by WP. Well, we were planning... IH was waiting for WP to get ready, actually, since we were. Then a declaration of war, without concertations with us or even some of their members (Ford Prefect, for example, was as stunned as me by this).
Ford Prefect on 2012-04-03 at 20:03
Not a good day for WP, that's for sure...
Yskino on 2012-04-03 at 00:22
Strange day. oc44 is at war again, and WP shows weakness for the first time on the server. What happened ?

Worse, since everybody's discussing this matter, we're learning that WP... Is pacted with us, The Precedence, The Barbarians, Grepo Elite, and NAP-ed with RP. And will NAP or pacted with The Greatest Name of All since The Precedence got eaten. To resume: WP is surrounded by allies. Who the are they going to hit then ? Totally unexperienced diplomacy. Talks with WP players shows internal disagreement, troubles...

Then Ford Prefect leave the game, WP merge with Grepo Elite in total disregard of their NAP with Roman Pacifists, then merged them. Refused refugees status on Blunt Posse and declare war on them... Because they refused a NAP (a NAP, AGAIN !). So they opened a second front, while being totally unable to enter the west. And once WDS cancelled their pact with them, they attacked them too, opening a new front north. Seriously guys...

Still, don't take WP too lightly. Their merges with GE and RP provides them with new good players, and they are still first in all the stats that counts (Number of cities, ABP...). But unlike one month ago, they don't seem invincible, or even allmighty anymore. Random and weak attacks, diplomacy from another world, bad team-work... Make them a target for a lot of alliances, now.

II) Wine Dark Sea
Members: 72
Cities: 334 (4,6 per member)
ABP: 272568 (3786 per member) (/!\ Careful, stats affected by merge /!\ )
DBP: 47312 (657 per member) (/!\ Careful, stats affected by merge /!\ )

Comment: Commenting about his own alliance ain't good. But i've read on this forum someone wondering why Idle Hands merged with ATARI to form WDS. I'll explain my point of view as an old IH member.

Since we started, in oc34, a RIM ocean with no competition (since we killed all the alliance there when they were near conquer), we checked on the world, to see who'll do well and who'll die. Personally, 3 alliances caught my eyes: SA, ATARI and WP.
Once we had secured oc34, and were securing oc33, going south, to oc35, wasn't good for us. 3 ocean long for one large = hard to support your members on the border. Since west was still unhabited, the only move possible was east. So we moved this way.
I don't know if ATARI noticed our moves, but The Precedence did. Maybe that was part of the reason Gemrick tried to stopped the war by merging, or maybe he just realized he was starting to lose the fight (even if he vigorously denied it on the messages we exchanged). Anyway, since Gemrick was not Gemrick but another player who took over his account and BS his own alliance, the merged failed. So oc44 ended up at the hands of ATARI.

Meanwhile we were pacted with WP, and were waiting for them to help them on their attacks against the Horsemen. Then sh*t happened, so we decided to make the best tactical moves, not the ones best for our allies.

So, we were pushing into the east, where an alliance who had the same philosophy of being small and agressive, that we checked on since the beginning, just secured the ocean. We need room, so it was either war with them, or merge. Two alliances with same philosophy, good relationships between the leaders (Micipsa and Oliver), and common tactical interest... Are you still wondering why we merged ? :-D

I was consulted as a regular player, and was totally for it. Nothing to regret here (except maybe fighting skilled opponents ^^). Then, we ended up with 3 oceans secures (33, 34 and 44), and a pact with WP that was dropped because their diplomacy was just fu**ed up, and they just broke a NAP with RP.

Anyway, that's it for our history. We changed name, but we are still the old same IH-ATARI. Teamworks, activity and wanting to make our ennemies bleed is still the alliance moto :p

III) STEAMROLLERS
Members: 67
Cities: 253 (3,8 per member)
ABP: 15771 (235 per member) (/!\ Careful, stats affected by merge /!\ )
DBP: 5963 (89 per member) (/!\ Careful, stats affected by merge /!\ )

Comment: FINALLY, finally, a merge between Sons of Sparta and Shadow Elite. Now, they may start doing good. That's not granted, though, even if with this merge they took up the third place of the world. Their stats weren't good before the merge, so it's up to them to prove they have changed. With WP on the west, pending on the north, Celtics on the east and LIX/olympus south, they have plenty of potential enemies. Time to hunt for you guys, and start making bp and cp, grabbing more cities. We need a powerhouse in the east, and the spot is still free since RP started crumbling after some of their best players left. Try to take that spot, or someone else will.

IV) BLUNT POSSE
Members: 82
Cities: 237 (2,9 per member)
ABP: 204317 (2492 per member)
DBP: 90946 (1109 per member)

Comment: RIM alliance with lots of beginners, but not doing bad at all. Took 2 cities out of WP, and lost 2. BP still has a lot to proves, but is on the right track, i think. This war with WP may harden them. Still, they have way too much dead weight. It'll be interesting to see if they move east against Olympus, to avenge LIX, or west against The Barbarians once they're done with the war.

V) Olympus
Members: 84
Cities: 203 (2,4 per member)
ABP: 86594 (1030 per member)
DBP: 46153 (549 per member)

Comment: A RIM alliance. 84 member (max -1). Not that much BP, nor city. You have all the pieces for a perfect MRA here. Still, they're hammering LIX and took a city out of STEAMROLLERS. So this alliance is actually an enigma to me. Wait and see.

VI) HASHASHINS
Members: 48
Cities: 173 (3,6 per member)
ABP: 235274 (4902 per member)
DBP: 26234 (547 per member)

Comment: No competition in their ocean, focus on attacking, awesome BP per member, few members. Yea, that's just like how Idle Hands started. So of course i like the style of these guys. They're doing really good, so we can expect a lot from them in the future. Still, with only WDS and SA near them, i can't help but wonder if they'll fight one of them when they own their oceans or move north-east to the periphery to feed on small alliances.

DeletedUser

The text that you have entered is too long (13539 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.
I hate this message. Really -_- I'm cutting the text in two

VII) Sumus Aeterni
Members: 44
Cities: 154 (3,5 per member)
ABP: 182538 (4149 per member)
DBP: 51188 (1163 per member)

Comment: SA is still an enigma to me. I met some .AKA players in Epsilon and Upsilon. Great guys. So i was really excited when i joined Heraklion and saw an alliance named .AKA. Then, they merge to form SA. Okay. Correct / Good ABP, okay. But the .AKA guys i knew where crazy dogs, allied with noone and attacking everything they could. I don't see that spirit here. SA play peacefully. They streghtened their net of cities by founding their seconds, then they grew on their own oceans, peacefully. Now what ? They can move east to fight pending. South against WP. West against WDS, or North against Hashashins.

They seems to decided for west, since they harboured and protected a refugee fleeing from WDS, Gemrick, and land some attack (coordinate with WP. Sheer luck ?) on WDS. I must admit i'm doubtful about this, it's more the spirit of .AKA to attack without worrying about tactics or the future of the alliance, but tactically, looking at the map, it's really a strange direction to go for them.

So, i'm disappointed by SA at the moment, which is one of the three alliance (with WP and ATARI) whom i expected the much at the beginning of the world. Where is the skills and tactics you showed on previous world guys ? You could do so much better :'-(

VIII) Legio IX
Members: 60
Cities: 149 (2,5 per member)
ABP: 148864 (2481 per member)
DBP: 92995 (1550 per member)

Comment: Looks like LIX is in a bloody war with Olympus. Losing 6-2 to them though, and 5-0 to Imperium Herculanum. Most of their own conquer are their own inactives, too. At this rate, LIX is done for in one month or two.

IX) Celtics
Members: 78
Cities: 149 (1,9 per member)
ABP: 26009 (333 per member)
DBP: 10431 (134 per member)

Comment: Who are these guys ? Ok, a peripheric alliance, but did they change their name after a merge or something ? The only thing i can remember about an alliance name Celtics is in Upsilon :/
Anyway, with Olympus at their south and STEAMROLLERS west, they may have to fight other RIM alliances to prove they are worthy to be a good challenger to the core in the future. I'll keep checking on them sometimes, like the other alliances not near me but that may become interesting.

X) The Barbarians
Members: 76
Cities: 143 (1,9 per member)
ABP: 85540 (1126 per member)
DBP: 24460 (322 per member)

Comment: Too much dead weight ! You have way too much player with 1 city guys. It's also the role of a leader to cut those who are not going to help the alliance. Your top players seems to be experienced ones though. Not being near them or not having direct contact with them isn't helping me to comment here. Let's just say i'm curious about them, and how they'll grow. Tactically speaking, their best option would have been a war on WP, but they accepted a pact with them when WP reputation was still at the top (which is really comprehensible). So once their oceans is secured, what to do ?

XI) illuminati
Members: 38
Cities: 115 (3,0 per member)
ABP: 68707 (1808 per member)
DBP: 57158 (1504 per member)

Comment: illuminati is an alliance i've had my eyes on since long, because of their proximity with my starting city. They were growing in oc35, where no serious alliance were. The ocean was dominated by The Horsemen, an old regular MRA with still as much people as cities after 6 weeks (sic, not a single conquer). illuminati was doing better, but they were so few i didn't expected them to resist the war WP claimed the west. Then some Horsemen joined them, WP messed up as illu showed on the forum, and these guys proves themselves to be experienced.
So now i'm thinking they'll do well, since they'll control their ocean, the west doesn't exist, the east will end up "pacified". Threat could come from south, and WP allies, The Barbarians. These two alliances fighting later on the game could be a nice show.

XII) Legion of Chaos
Members: 61
Cities: 125 (2,0 per member)
ABP: 65090 (1067 per member)
DBP: 85935 (1408 per member)

Comment: The old Byzantine Empire is still not dead. But with few cities (an average of 2 per member only for an "old" alliance), and without some serious leadership, they'll just be food for others. The war let them a chance to fare better against WP and BP, if they fail to seize this chance, the 1 or 2% chance they actually have of not being dead in the next month will fade away.

DeletedUser

that was the best and most detailed top 12 alliance comparison i have seen in a v long time. + rep mate.

For discussion sake - i don't normally do this, but the forums are dead and im a little bored - i will give you an responce to what you have had to say on my alliance (maybe some of the other alliance leaders of top 12 wanna do the same?)

Comment: SA is still an enigma to me. I met some .AKA players in Epsilon and Upsilon. Great guys. So i was really excited when i joined Heraklion and saw an alliance named .AKA.

I think you are thinking of different guys and a different alliance here. The guys that came in .aka were from a corinth alliance "responce error".

Then, they merge to form SA.

The merge with Under construction was a very early thing. Under construction was an alliance started by a few friends who played together in Rho (in an alliance called Rho-bust) who wanted another go together. The merge happened when both alliances were beginning to recruit in the ocean, and kept bumping into each other... still only had about 10 - 15 members each when we decided to become 1, and basically give up recruiting.

Okay. Correct / Good ABP, okay.
thanks i guess

But the .AKA guys i knew where crazy dogs, allied with noone and attacking everything they could. I don't see that spirit here. SA play peacefully.
Its true, SA does seem to be a little on the slow side at the moment. I think we can put this down to 3 main reasons
1. The world speed. Dunno about the other guys in my alliance, but i haven't played in a speed 1 world in a long old time. In faster worlds, things happen faster, wars move faster, and you need to play, friendships come and go faster. As this was a speed 1 world, i thought we would take everything a bit slower as well. Carefully consider our strategy and movement more... because we have the time. (FYI it takes nearly 2 weeks to build a full LS nuke even with COTO enacted on speed 1)
2. The world around us. Whilst many alliances have come and gone already (with no serious wars as of yet) SA is still here in more or less the same form they were on the first week the server opened. How many other top 12 alliances can seriously say that? With the alliances in the other core oceans merging to become vast SA has stuck to their guns and 'kept the blood pure' as it were. With these other massive merged empires around us, we have to be a bit more careful about who we annoy, as we know not to bite off more than we can chew.
3. Activity. I am sure other alliances have struggled the same way that SA has (maybe a reason for the large number of merges) We have had huge issues with player activity, and each time a player leaves, there city has to be taken to stop there being holes in our defence structure, i feel that this has had a lot to do with the slow expansion of the alliance

They streghtened their net of cities by founding their seconds,

This was a massive point of argument over the early days of SA. Some members pointed out that due to the slow start of the world, getting a second city early might help the alliance with early growth (remember no big alliance endorses colonizing at all apart from ww islands so its a pretty un-tested strategy). The other half were of the main steam belief it was better to wait and then get a decent city.

then they grew on their own oceans, peacefully.
True, very little resistance in ocean 54.
Now what ? They can move east to fight pending. South against WP. West against WDS, or North against Hashashins.

They seems to decided for west, since they harboured and protected a refugee fleeing from WDS, Gemrick,

Yes we did take in Gemrick, but i feel this does not indicate a desire to move west. Gemrick is a good player, who we in SA felt deserved a second chance in the core. WDS did there best to eradicate him and the number of CS's he successfully crushed was great considering he was working alone. I do think the guy deserves kudos for that.
I did expect WDS to maybe mention it to me, or do something, maybe we could have made some sort of agreement (i am a reasonable guy) but i have heard nothing from them.

and land some attack (coordinate with WP. Sheer luck ?) on WDS. I must admit i'm doubtful about this, it's more the spirit of .AKA to attack without worrying about tactics or the future of the alliance,
co-incedence, i am sure (unless wp members are talking to my members without me knowing... which they may be but i doubt). and unless an SA attack lands to help a WP conquest attempt, i would suggest that its just sheer luck.

but tactically, looking at the map, it's really a strange direction to go for them.
I don't feel that any way for SA would be a strange direction to go. North would be a good war with HASHASHINs West a good war with WDS, east a good war with Pending, south a good war with WP... all good choices, all good alliances, it just depends on how we feel at the time...

So, i'm disappointed by SA at the moment, which is one of the three alliance (with WP and ATARI) whom i expected the much at the beginning of the world. Where is the skills and tactics you showed on previous world guys ? You could do so much better :'-(
maybe we didn't live up to your expectations... but at least we are still here.

DeletedUser

@Yskino - amazing work !

if I could I would buy you a beer in the pub