Pnp Apocalypse unveil new anthem

DeletedUser46851

always hear to help, i thought Cod kept you in his little circle of friends?

DeletedUser46794

well the question there would be were do fishies go on holiday on there week off :)

DeletedUser48096

yet you are willing to take them in and defend them, makes that statement a little contrived

By what logic is that contrived?

Also consider that Ait has actually acknowledged that he was stabbed in the back by Apoc and that he could if he was vindictive enough have disbanded the alliance before leaving, but he didnt because it wouldnt be fair to those in who had nothing to do with this in Apoc.

Furthermore the second part of my comment was a personal opinion based on how we as players should expect to be treated by each other. After all how many of you can look at the treatment received by Ait from Apoc and say you would want to be treated the same way by your alliance?

Iam sure Apoc would call it a Velvet Revolution, But its hard not to feel sorry for the person now walking around with a knife in his back..

DeletedUser

You are all missing the point lol!! so i will do bullet points.
- Exo : Fanny
- GP : very probably easily led friend of said Fanny.
- Most of Apoca , afraid to stand up and say and do what is morally right..which the protagonists were banking on i am sure.

Not sure if i class that as a betrayal by anyone other than the ' insurgents' (good name for an alliance that BTW.) just a lack of morale fortitude but the points total is very safe, very safe WW could delay a month or so if need be - i think that TD should do the right thing, save their rep that was shattered by Nate and prove their morale stance by teaming up with apoca and rimming Exo (bwah! ha ha! -i am the master of puppets :p)..Oh and incase anyone from America is tuning in i mean fanny in the Glasgow sense of the word.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser48096

I got your point Jamo, Was just saying that Ait was stabbed in the back by those he thought were loyal to him.. Hardly a positive statement to those in Apoc that they would muscle out a leader without any show of loyalty or friendship..

Also let me apologise but I also appear to have lost my Glaswegian dictionary. I could be wrong, but I as I understand it "Fanny" translates loosely to 'c**t'... Correct?

Archidiamedes

Phrourach
Okay, this is getting out of hand, so let me provide some insight as to the dilemma we faced.

First of all, there has been no "Velvet Revolution." Those guys are not in council; the only difference here is that, sadly, Ait is not in council at the moment.

Exactly one month ago today, I spoke with GP on an unrelated matter and he said in the same message, "I am waiting for Exo to be back and we will make a move. A sure thing is that we (I , Exo and few friends) will not fight to the end under Aitvaras' flag. I am not afraid to say it straight and I will not hesitate to do it on the forum at the right moment." As time went on, this date came to be around the 15th of April. This knowledge was only known to me and two of our founders (you can guess which--they are obviously the ex-TE ones since they knew GP et alia best) and at least two of the three of us worked very, very hard behind the scenes to have some kind of resolution to this with GP's group (which really amounts to three people at this point of the story). Many ideas/demands were spouted off to us at the time, particularly from the unmentioned third person, who is actually the biggest mouth of the three and of whom I have by far the most damning screenshots if I choose to use them at some point.

How long am I supposed to sit on information which affects a specific person without telling them, particularly when that person is a founder and should know everything that is going on? It took as long as it did in part because we had no idea how we could even bring up such a topic. Nowhere in my message did I say, "this is what a bunch of people have decided behind closed doors, please leave now." My message was bringing him up to date with what was going on. I will post the full text again:

Archidiamedes on 2015-04-18 at 00:50
Hi Ait,

You will have to read the post I made in the forum before this message will make sense. (Unless someone else deletes parts of it.)

Unfortunately I was chosen to be the bearer of bad news because I know you best. So here is the story. Exo apparently has been stewing in anger since being kicked out of council, for months I guess, and he has returned after being away. There is no easy way to put this. He and GP are threatening to leave the alliance and take a bunch of people with them if you don't step down as founder.

A few days ago they were threatening to have a vote of "no confidence" but we managed to avoid that, at least for now. Dealing with them has been a major pain in the because I keep hearing different stories depending on whom I'm talking to and it keeps changing. I think you stepping down is the big one. But it seemed they were also talking about trying to get Exo on council too. I don't know exactly. They won't answer clearly. Maybe stepping down will be enough.

Now I don't know if that just means no longer being a founder or no longer being in council.

Sometimes I think they are just trying to find excuses to complain. There is certainly no convincing them of an alternative viewpoint (YOU are the one who gave GP back his leadership rights but he voluntarily revoked them twice!) or the BLATANT hypocrisy they are engaging in (all that talk of "honour"), not to mention how they will be destroying the whole alliance due to not liking you (and also not liking the rest of council--they were clear about that).

Anyway, it's up to you what you want to do. I won't be joining any new alliance that has them in it, that's for sure.

Sorry to be the one to say it all, it's too bad those guys ever got in here in the first place, they have inflated our numbers but they are thugs and have no idea what a team is--only their little gang.

Arch

Now let's say I didn't send that and then GP/Exo/(other) had made some kind of move, then people might say, why didn't you say something and maybe we could have prevented this? Ait did step down from council once before to avoid certain issues, which should be proof to anyone the kind of upstanding guy he is and that he isn't driven by ego, as his viperous detractors would have you believe. I don't think anyone foresaw him quitting the alliance. If he feels that we stabbed him in the back, then I am more sorry for that than you will ever believe because that was never my intention. The most enjoyment I've had in this game was under his leadership in Pan and my respect for him and everything he has done is huge.

Why even consider trying to work out a deal with these guys? Well, what leaders aren't going to try their best to keep their alliance intact at this point in the game? Even if you put aside their relative size and attacking power, you are dealing with three people who might walk out the door and take another, who knows, 7-10 (maybe more? Maybe less?) people with them on the verge of WW's. What does that do for the planning we have done? If we decide to go after them to get their WW cities back in the alliance (which they made clear they would NOT hand over), then TD could swoop in and take the victory because we are distracted trying to get the cities back (which could end up being defended by TD for all we know--one message said they might join TD, which is hilarious given the vitriol spewed by Exo over TD). Either that, or we begin a new stage of the game where the WWI's are all compromised due to GP not caring about getting a crown and just trying to deny TD/Apoc/everyone the chance to build them. Much like Red, I am sick of this world and was not exactly looking forward to the prospect of another 1-2 years building WW's.

You guys can try to lecture me about the "principled way," but that's just starting to talk like Exo and, much like him, that falls apart when faced with reality. At some other point in the game, like a few months ago, kicking them would have been easy. If we had had clearer indications/directions of a merge from ZT or OL before they started kicking up dirt, that also could have made it easier to tell them to go stuff themselves. But no, much like in real life, sometimes you have to try to work with what you have, if you can, because you are under a time constraint or some other limitation.

Looking at all that, there was nothing but various poisons to choose from at the time.

That doesn't mean the story is over or that they have won.

If anyone wants a real laugh, these three were in talks with ZT to create a new alliance called "Zero Politics" because as far as they are concerned, they don't engage in politics--only fighting.

Uh, suuuure.

Last edited:

DeletedUser48096

Sorry Archi but I really cant see you and Sir Cod in an alliance called Zero Politics........ :D

Without wanting to sound like a broken record (Or Exo) I wasnt going down the honourable route, (Apoc has already failed on that one) I was simply noting how little respect was shown to Ait during this process. Its one thing that Exo and GPig forced his hand, But its another to stab the leader in the back and force him out. Ait left of his own accord yes but it was the actions of others that forced him to do that wasnt it Arch? Can you really say that you would want to leave Apoc in the same way Archi? When I talk about Respect and Loyalty thats what Iam talking about. Showing actions or displays that I would or wouldn't expect or like to be returned in kind. Getting stabbed in the back is one of them. Now you'll find that a little respect sometimes goes a long way, and personally speaking I think the means taken are truely disrespectful both to Ait and the former members of Pan and to behonest Iam suprised others havent followed Ait out of Apoc. But now I find the actions of both of the persons mentioned rather hypocritical as one is the kind that claims to avoid politics, But yet they insist on throwing down a vote of no confidence in their former leader and then threatern to quit if they dont get their way, while the other talks alot about respect. But doesnt actually appear to show a lot of it in their actions and the lack of respect for that former leader.

As a result I find the positions of both comical and hypocritical.

Secondly calling it a Velvet Revolution would actually be a compliment, Or rather it was at least me trying to antisipate and assumed Apocs answer. Either way a velvet revolution would actually be a good thing as it is a bloodless revolution in which a handover of power is mutually agreed upon by both parties and by the will of the people. It is simply a democratic and diplomatic handover. But your right though Arch as this wasn't a Velvet Revolution, Its was more of a Coup d'état. ;)

Thirdly, As you well know some of the original Pan players are loyal to Ait. I do wonder what would the effect on morale in Apoc would be like if they started expressing their disatisfaction at the way in which Ait has been treated?..... Just sayin?....

Oh and I think Apoc's members might be intrested in this..

e880262fe3a3abf45ff77fd1639f9200.png

DeletedUser49162

In a game like this there is no such thing as not engaging in politics. It is a part of the nature of the game. I think it is a really (umm maybe I wont say that word actually) thing to do though to basically blackmail a key pperson in your own alliance into leaving. Blackmail people in other alliances- yeah I would be fine with thtat but this just goes to show that certain individuals play at a win and be the best at all costs style. I love to win as much as the next but there are limits to how far you should go. Tell Exo he is not Machiavelli

DeletedUser

Exo doesn't have the foresight to be Machiaevelli, believe me before i joined the military i read ' The prince', 'the art of war' and 'discourses on livy'..
Now to address few points everyone is making valid comments - i can't comment on the ZT situ as its the only alliance i don't have eyes in.
Arch i agree that you probably choose the best of a lot of hard choices , unfort AIT finds himself in a similar position that i was in, suddenly EXO doesn't like him so he left to save turmoil.. What you should of learned from my departure and its subsequent repercussions is that a red flag should of been placed on Exo and GP straight away it was a statement of intent. In alliances i run that have won servers we have a small section in the council rooms where we theorise likely scenarios and what our reaction will be , now i never had access to the Apoca 'Dark Room' but if did, without arrogance see this coming a mile away - if they take 10 players, i promise it is players you cannot count on anyway/
Original PAN should easily take down the detractors, buy another month before WW and put this behind you.
(BTW if you need any pointers on how to take down Exo and GP PM me :) ) As for the third' mystery person ' i think we all know who that is and again what is the real issue here? ALLIANCE does not mean a lot of vested interest and cliques, its as simple as with us or against us -incidently the same option the rebels are offering APOCA..very funny how Exo also forgets how much he hated ZT when it suited - absolute balls.

so what would i honestly do in this situ - well me being me, firstly EXO isn't goingto be able to play this game anymore not under his crown IGN, i let go a lot with him but now everyone in grep will know his form and know he is not a player to be trusted in the slightest -GP the jury is still out on, hoping he will wake the hell up and realise he is being played by his country man but it might of gone too far. With Exo it was always he knew best, anyone who disagreed had 'no honour'..I just wish i had joined in his ocean at the same time and i would of turned him inside out..but still..
- Kick them , it will hold WW and most likely buy you 1 month to get rid of them
- anyone who is loyal to them is not reliable in the long run, treat it as lancing a boil..
-use the Pan thing to your advantage - you have Real proper players in Pan as i recall, they can do a job on them easy.

Forget about politics with this lot , you can't negotiate with bullys.. oh and yes GGn you got the literal translation :)

DeletedUser46851

arch, no doubt you had tough decisions to make I can fully appreciate that. I have no idea what went on behind the scenes, nor do I need to.

It sounds like you guys went the path that kept everyone together, for now, and didn't distract you as much from the WW period. My only question is what happens once WW kicks in and some players, either the same or a new group, make more demands? Does the council have to bend to everyone's will for the sake of keeping the group together or do they make a stand? Not trying to sound sarcastic those are legit questions that I have.

My two cents would be that by letting ait go, you kind of encouraged this behavior. Had they been smaller players I'm sure that they would have been given the boot and you would have kept Ait. Ait could have sent out a MM to the alliance stating that he is leaving and why he is leaving so that others could jump weigh in and try to keep the peace. But I guess that could have easily blown up with a major split of the alliance, dam that would be a tough thing to go through. Ait has been very gracious during the whole thing though, I could easily see how a player would get very bitter very quickly from something like this. Imagine if he had pulled a nutty and disbanded the entire alliance! That would have been a big mess to clean up

DeletedUser

Anyone in TD who has ever thought they were more important than the alliance has been kicked out, regardless of size. There is no doubt you have great offensive players in Apocalypse but there are too many egos. It's your own fault really, you had a chance to side with the Exiles or TD and you chose the alliance with Exo in.

Look what happened to Nate when he thought he could force people to bend to his will.

There is no way I would have let Aitvaras leave, and also no way I would have waited so long to tell him about Exo's scheming.

Exo and GP merging with ZT! :heh:

DeletedUser

having talked with Jon through out this server i can pretty confidently say he has too much sense to take on GP and eXo and the third party. They play Russian roulette with every alliance ether are in and their actions only amplify their unreliability..what they are doing is a bluff and i believe their bluff is about to be called. In fact any alliance that would honestly take them in would have to make them leaders and that is just bizarre. For the first time in a long time seems like me and red are in agreement here. Ait needs to go back anyone who doesn't like it can leave as they will be out in the cold and have shattered reputations...

7 days til ww and counting :)

DeletedUser48096

Well the first member of Apoc has left to join TD because of the infighting.. Will anymore follow?? ;)

DeletedUser48377

I think this is pretty entertaining to read, I don't get it still though.

Jam I love your signature "If I could reach thru the monitor and strangle you all... i would"

DeletedUser12512

wow the amount of drama here is fantastic, i am sorry im missing it, however, there seems to me to be a simple fix for this that should be evident to any of the founders of the alliance that exo is holding captive atm

I almost wish I was on this server to help usher this drama forward.

P.S. Ait will be where he is suppose to be by the time crowns are being handed out

DeletedUser48096

don't get too excited, remember what happened last time folk left an alliance to join TD

Differnt Situation this time Jams..

It might be the same if Apoc High Commander was to mass mail his alliance to say that he was disbanding the alliance and ask that his members pick new sides.. Let half his alliance jump ship and then not bother to keep to your word and fail to close the alliance. ;)

DeletedUser

wow the amount of drama here is fantastic, i am sorry im missing it, however, there seems to me to be a simple fix for this that should be evident to any of the founders of the alliance that exo is holding captive atm

I almost wish I was on this server to help usher this drama forward.

P.S. Ait will be where he is suppose to be by the time crowns are being handed out
yup att i keep telling them to pancake Exo but no one is listening..bullets have to be bit.
Most Macheavellian server in grep history, and that is saying something..i don't think it ill ever be repeated - at least i almost hope it won't, the stress has been mental and i haven't even been playing since January..only server that came anyway close was En52, but thats like comparing water and whisky.

Generic Greek Name said:

It might be the same if Apoc High Commander was to mass mail his alliance to say that he was disbanding the alliance and ask that his members pick new sides.. Let half his alliance jump ship and then not bother to keep to your word and fail to close the alliance.
GGn you made me laugh, which these days isn't hard as i am permanently dehydrated and hallucinating but still Bravo ti..

edit was just fanning around on en72 and came across this quote from Apoca's forum page..maybe should be edited to read *unless you are Nublex, Exo or Gp, then do what the hell you want :p

But most of all:
Be respectful to your fellow players, whether they are in or outside the alliance. If you're not you will be kicked and taken care of immediately.

DeletedUser33794

It might be the same if Apoc High Commander was to mass mail his alliance to say that he was disbanding the alliance and ask that his members pick new sides.. Let half his alliance jump ship and then not bother to keep to your word and fail to close the alliance. ;)

didnt that happen with ZT (I jumped ship before this)