Are you getting bored yet?

DeletedUser

Wow! BDT failed in defending against 10 alliances. That sucks for us. I thought I had about 60 cities left. I better log in and check to see what happened. I can't wait to click "restart".

Don't click 'restart', you're the best player on Omega..

I wouldn't say I am bored..

I would say I am somewhat disgusted..

Between the teenagers who can stay online 30+ hour straight and the majority of the top 20 ranked players who have dumped hundreds of dollars into buying gold - It makes it that much harder for those of us who have jobs, families, and a real social life to compete... But these variables exist on every grepo server out there, right?

6 months ago, this game was lots of fun.. Still learning how things work.. Expanding.. Teamwork.. There were even a handful of nights that I would stay up an extra 4 hours just to coordinate city attacks and see if my CS landed..

But over time we lost more and more good players because we were all "playing from a stacked deck" : Do this, don't do that, and by all means, never do anything that would compromise the UN. Ok, that took a lot of restraint and a lot of sim-building-button-pressing to conform to.. But it had it's purpose, and referring back to having a job and a family and a social life, it kept things less volatile..

Inevitably, more and more players became restless and blood thirsty. This is a war game after all, yes? Sure, we could stay the course and continue to sim build and secure our borders. But in the end, a course like that doesn't prove who the best players are, who the best alliance is, it simply would have shown which alliance would have been able to keep the peace and stick to the anti-war rules the best.

Sure, if that is all we had to contend with, it probably would have been tolerable.

But what we ended up with having to contend with, in no particular order... School buddies who are all of 12 years old who have almost no idea how grepolis actually works who trade secret alliance information with each other all day because it's way more exciting than actual game-play will ever be; because they have 3 cities and no idea how to get their 4th or more, alliance leaders who make assurances and commitments to their allies while making contraindicating deals and commitments with enemy alliances, players who 'accidentally' break treaties/agreements/UN rules, players who 'intentionally' break treaties/agreements/UN rules, alliances who forgive and forget and overlook those incidents for the greater good of the UN, alliances who keep track of all those incidents to eventually undermine and mock the UN, enemy players who pour intel to the alliances that give them 'safe harbor' - and sadly, alliances who use that intel against their actual allies... And now a great big alliance 'The UN' who chose the name to both Mock everything the actual UN has accomplished, and in attempts to convince the masses that they are the actual UN which makes their mass recruiting campaign a tad bit more effective.. But again, these variables exist on every server out there, right?

And lastly, the most disgusting part of the game - account trading. We have enemy players now playing accounts of our allies. We have absolutely clueless kids playing traded 400,000 point accounts simply because they are "active". We have accounts that have been traded multiple times. We have players who have multiple accounts who are in leadership positions of multiple different alliances. Who can keep track anymore? But, im sure these variables also exist on every server out there, right?

So as I have wasted the last 3 minutes of my life typing all of this, which any player skilled enough at grepolis to have created a forum account and/or to read the forums to begin with already knows - what is the point?

Well, given how much of a "stacked hand" the omega server has been dealing with for so long, and how many great players were lost due to this "stacked hand" and "rules" and "guidelines", it may be impossible to know who the best alliance and best players truly were. And given how many accounts have been traded and how much insider information has been thrown around and how many sneaky back door deals have been made, it will most likely continue to be impossible to know which alliance and which players will ever be considered the "best" ( not just the most successful at espionage and back door deals ), but I would guess this is the case with any other server out there too, right?

All I really know, I have a lot of house painting, a lot of backyard landscaping and a lot of beer drinking to do!

DeletedUser

Wow! BDT failed in defending against 10 alliances. That sucks for us. I thought I had about 60 cities left. I better log in and check to see what happened. I can't wait to click "restart".

Were BDT not twice the size of the 2nd biggest alliance? Now they sit where? 15th? 20th? Do they still exist? I'd say thats quite the failure in my humble opinion.

DeletedUser20741

Were BDT not twice the size of the 2nd biggest alliance? Now they sit where? 15th? 20th? Do they still exist? I'd say thats quite the failure in my humble opinion.

You're absolutely right. We don't exist anymore. We've been eradicated. You guys are awesome! I wish I had survived long enough to accept this invitation from Bravouchka to join Great Warriors.

@ goodguys, you're alright, you and gunner and hank and a few others play to beat me but I don't get the sense that you are into the whole goofy eradication scheme. It's no secret. I don't like your leaders because I don't go in for the diplomatic manipulation stuff. Congrats to them though because they will win the ww phase while the rest of the wanna-be eradicators scratch their rear ends wondering what happened.

I would come over to help you paint and do yard work and could use a beer (I'm only 5 so probably should pass on the beer) but I've been eradicated. I don't exist anymore. Now I have to go and break the news to the rest of the non-existent current "bdt members or former bdt members... wherever they hide themselves" and their "offspring" (and our babies were so pretty). This is going to be tough.

DeletedUser

No Urog your absolutely right. Despite losing 60+ members. Hundreds of cities, and all three leaders, BDT have in fact won this little skirmish because you still have plenty of 1000pt cities. Well done Blood-Dimmed tide! Being the Gibraltar of a once great empire is in fact a win.

PS: Thanks for slagging off Great Warriors it makes it that much easier for me to convince them to carry on fighting you guys.
Dance for me puppets!

DeletedUser

I'm a bit confused Grimesy. I did a little research and I hope to understand this better.

You don't come up in the stats. I tried everything. I even looked in the Hero Worlds. Nothin. Urog, the eradicated player from the non-existent alliance, appears to rank as the #1 fighter in Omega and has 61 cities. You would think that after playing Grep for a year, I could interpret the ranking tab. Perhaps it is on your end, maybe you are logging into the wrong server to compile your information, and therefore possibly my confusion.

Sad to say, but I understand from you that I too am eradicated. I wish I had known sooner. This must be what Lance Armstrong feels like right about now. It is a bitter plight.

The consolation is that from here forward, Omega may become a war game as designed. I don't have to think about that 7th grader in junior high that used to get beat up on by all the ninth graders so they could steal his peanut butter sandwich. But come to think of it, I think that little 7th grader must have been a tough SOB. I never once saw him hand over his lunch bag without fighting first.

DeletedUser

McCaveman. If you're confused imagine how I feel.
I look at the rankings and see Blood-Dimmed Tide have dropped from being twice the size of the biggest alliance. All the way down to 24th place, yet i'm told Blood-Dimmed tide actually won the war because Urog got a load of defensive battle points and went on to colonise a bunch of cities.

I guess you better go and phone up Huddo VeaterKing, and KillerCat66 and tell them it's safe to come back because BDT have actually won the war. Will be nice to have the original leadership back in place.

Of course for you, it's quite an easy task always being a winner because you'll just switch to the next alliance as soon as things get tough.
Bravehertz - Blood Dimmed Tide - The Northern Alliance - who next? Havoc? Warlords? Great Warriors?

Just be cautious that all the 7th graders you used to pick on teamed up once to kill off half of your 9th grade friends, and i'm sure now they are tough 8th graders, and you are fat 10th graders who have enjoyed a few too many stolen lunches over the last 6 months, that they'll be able to do it again.

Who knows, by the end of this Urog may have colonised so many cities he'll be able to win the world wonder phase all by himself, or maybe people will continue not giving a s*** what BDT says or does and continue to play the game how they want now BDT isn't a threat / won the war...

DeletedUser

Grimesy.. sorry to say this.. as I usually don't say bad things about people. But you are totally clueless. And btw.. just cause you say that we said that we won the war, doesn't make it so.. I said that we didn't fail, I never said that we won the world war. Failing is quitting. Surviving 8 months of attacks, is not failing in my book. If you are so narrow minded that you think that you can only win or fail.. I feel sorry for you. Cause you wont go through your life winning.. and if there is only those to options, it means that you will go though your life failing.. I feel sad for you.. you probably already have a very sad life.. Your posts here trolling, just supports my theory. Cause you certainly aren't out there winning..

DeletedUser

Wow, the in this forum is ridiculous ... actually am glad that BdT finally decided to disband. That war hadn't been fun anymore for months, and although I took a hell of a lot of "enemy" cities many of them were done more out of a duty to the alliance goals rather than for the purpose of "eradication".

Props to the ex-BdT players that hung in there. Let's face facts, having players like Urog, Gel, Wesman & Caveman in the game makes Omega more interesting.

Hope we can all just get back to playing the game, fighting where we must, and stopping the childish insults being thrown around in here.

DeletedUser21937

I agree BSG. How come it' has taken you so long to let us have a sensible perspective to this eradication stuff. Well done, I think you should post here at least once every day and give us a reasonable commentary on anything you consider worthwhile. I'd log on and read it.

DeletedUser

Oh Gelinu if only you knew how clueless I really am.

If you gave an independent panel the question. Who won the war BDT or TNA, GW, Warlords, Havoc, and Ownage.
They'd look at the stats and see BDT went from nearly 1000 cities, and nearly 10m points to 50 cities and 190k points.
Then they'd look at the allies who went against the alliance which almost had a monopoly on Omega, and see that they've all grown by over 50% and have taken hundreds of BDT cities each.

The facts don't lie. Those players who are still here from BDT have done very well to stick around. But BDT got spanked, and got spanked hard, by a bunch of 7th graders.

Anyway, clueless me has to get back to being a top 50 player in Omega. Bye for now winners...

DeletedUser

Again with the winning.. It's a game.. We are having fun.

I guess it is easier to say about people when you are anonymous.

DeletedUser

Your right Gelinu it's the taking part that counts. Win, Lose or Draw i'm just happy to be part of Omega.

Afinch, welcome! Nice to have some of the original BDT members back posting.

DeletedUser20693

You know me too ? Was your staying in BDT miserable or frustrating ?

DeletedUser

Urog, I promise not all of us are Eradication Nazis, though you must admit that when alliances teams up to attack a single player, you should take it as a compliment because even now, you are still the size of an alliance yourself. I personally have specific goals for Omega and most of them are to surpass my ranks and titles in Epsilon so many years ago. If they line up with my alliance goals, fantastic. If I must do some extra bidding of those that help me, it is a price to have the benefit of an alliance. You do what you must.

DeletedUser

I look at the rankings and see Blood-Dimmed Tide have dropped from being twice the size of the biggest alliance.

^^This is not possible Grimesy, think before you speak.

Nomados, I was in Legends of Orthia on Epsi, who were you with? If you're still there, anything happening? I left because it was completely dead.

DeletedUser

Apologies Venzzz I clearly meant BDT have dropped from being twice the size of the next biggest alliance. If that's the biggest flaw you can find with my points, then it shows that T.N.A have become an alliance of straw clutchers.

DeletedUser

It's actually your only post i read. I scrolled through the thread, saw what BS you were writing and didn't bother anymore.
But I was nice enough to post something on your level, didn't want you to get frustrated by more intelligent people posting in your thread.

DeletedUser

Venzzz, the only reason you didn't pick me up on anything else is because as you know most of what I write is just direct quotes from T.N.A members so if you complained you'd just be pointing out the mistakes of your fellow back stabbers.

FYI: Did you get the mass mail from Thane telling everybody to defend him in the external forum? He's got a very hitleresque mentality, but with all his yes men beneath him I guess it's understandable.

DeletedUser

FYI: Did you get the mass mail from Thane telling everybody to defend him in the external forum? He's got a very hitleresque mentality, but with all his yes men beneath him I guess it's understandable.

hahaha, look hard venzzz, look very hard