Athena's Records Shut Down

DeletedUser

Is Athena shut down permanently? Are there plans to institute a replacement? I know it wasn't perfect (beta version), but it was a good tool and I don't know how to figure out enemy offline hours without it.

www.athenasrecords.net

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17088

but it was a good tool and I don't know how to figure out enemy offline hours without it.

www.athenasrecords.com

some of us are glad about this, was a good feature but its gone for good. I disliked the activity feature personally so yeh, im glad its gone. Now all thats left to go is the grepolis toolbox attack notification

Perhaps Saska could shine a light on the reasons why

DeletedUser

Haha it's time for the people with brains instead of credit cards to rule the world again!

DeletedUser27700

What about advertising? I know banners are annoying, but if it helps you keep your project funded that may be worth looking into?
I don't know the ins and outs of website developing yet, but i wonder if that would work.

DeletedUser

Is your back end data on activity times publicly available without your mod permissions?

DeletedUser

Wow your just da man Saska :D Seriously though, awesome product, i reckon banners would be a good idea. (I know it spoils the visual landscape, but i think its worth it) Im not a programming wizz so i dont know how hard this would be, but maybe an Android/iphone app that accesses this data could be a good way to get income, $1-$2 for the App, im sure many people will go for it.

DeletedUser29371

Well to be fully honest saska the only thing we TRULLY need from that site would be the graph of online predictions all rest is forgettable and easily passable ...

DeletedUser12667

I say let it stay gone. If someone wants to know my game time then let them do it the old fasioned way of actually working to figure it out. Otherwise we may as well all just post our time in our profile. As the knowledge of my times were not earned by the player working to figure it out. And knowledge that is not earned is taken for granted. Just like if I gave my son a car just cause he had a liscense then the chances of him taking the same care of it as if he worked for the money to buy it is slim. So giving grepo info to players about other players that is not earned is like giving a car to a child who didnt earn it. Taken for granted.

DeletedUser

If you know what your looking for you can somewhat workout players offline times from grepointel graphs. Takes a bit more effort and knowing how to decipher the graphs, but is effective.

DeletedUser30767

i used grepointel.com to figure out the times .. took lot of my time .. but still was pretty accurate ..

However, athena site was really cool too ... So, as one mentioned before try to get ads on your website .... there are many offering such services ... (for example just see grepolis ) .. everytime we log out .. there are some ads .. try to do something same with the site so that u get paid for it ...

Plus if you are willing to ... just put the system of user accounts and charge a very nominal fee say 1$ for year(which is quite small compared to other expenses) for some more features (like activity charts) ... Even if 14,000 users/month reduces to around 2,000 users ... you would still be earning 2,000$/year at the least ... enought to keep this going ..

DeletedUser

then you're going to get rimmed mate :p

Not bloody likely.

Saska, thanks for your detailed reply. I had no idea Athena was your baby. It was a useful tool for noobs like me :p

Guess I'll have to figure things out the old fashioned way.

DeletedUser

Though quite disappointed, this tool was a bit to easy for the kids to use and figure out online times.

DeletedUser29371

Though quite disappointed, this tool was a bit to easy for the kids to use and figure out online times.

No...

It was still tricky to fully learn it.

It showed fake activity when you get BP...

So if you sent attacks over to land at night and hit something it shows you online :D

DeletedUser

True, but not everyone is as smart as you to think of that.