DeletedUser

So I saw Avatar last night in the movies of course. Now I love Sci fiction and I eat it up but I think that Avatar may have been the best movie ever made. I dont say this lightly. Ghadi was Great Braveheart a score of others. I didnt like Titanic I found it boreing until she went down. But Avatar was great all around it had everything.

DeletedUser

Avatar was amazing but much to common misconception IT IS NOT THE #1 IN THE BOX OFFICE EVER

Gone With the Wind is because it has been Re-released so many times that it has racked up an amazing sum of money

DeletedUser

Yes it is. Gone with the wind may have made more more but please remember it's something like 40 years or older. Lots of small sums added doesnt make it better in the least or worth has much as it made.

DeletedUser

Yeah in that area Avatar is far ahead. I just learned that little fact today and wanted to share it. I'm a bit random like that

DeletedUser5

Here's something to get you thinking...

Compare the storyline of Avatar to the storyline of Pocohontas, the popular Disney film.

See if you can see any similarities.

DeletedUser

knew the story looked familiar, just in a different era and universe.
Avatar is great but I guess you would have to see it in 3D to get the full experience.

DeletedUser

Here's something to get you thinking...

Compare the storyline of Avatar to the storyline of Pocohontas, the popular Disney film.

See if you can see any similarities.

Precisely.

DeletedUser

Avatar is causing people to consider suicide because they cant live on planet Pandora. So either people are messed up or the move is messed up. Either way didn't see it.

DeletedUser

Avatar is causing people to consider suicide because they cant live on planet Pandora. So either people are messed up or the move is messed up. Either way didn't see it.

I heard about that as well! Some people are freaking mental.

DeletedUser

knew there had to be one person who didn't see it

DeletedUser

Avatar's greatness wasn't about it's storyline, it had a rather basic plot. Avatar was amazing because of it's visuals, especially in 3-D.

DeletedUser

I don't think avatar was all that great, eclipse is right the story was very basic, so much so that I saw every single twist the movie was going to take before it happened. I saw it in 3d both times(seen it twice only because of a friend that wanted em to see it with after I seen it the first time) so I have to say it is imo the best movie visually made so far, add that with a story that although isn't great but not bad enough to make you hate it(at least it made everything most people want to happen, happen) you get a pretty good film. Not worthy of being #1 of all time but thats just my opinion(<-- I know this can be inferred since I wrote it but I write it just so I don't have an opinion based argument that's worth nothing).

DeletedUser

Avatar's greatness wasn't about it's storyline, it had a rather basic plot. Avatar was amazing because of it's visuals, especially in 3-D.
the only thing that I found exciting was the technical bite >.>.

the fact that it uses about a Petabyte of data got me interested

Aicy

Strategos
I got a tad bored in the big battle scene, it goes on for months. I was just thinking towards the end "Alright, we get the picture, they're fighting"

DeletedUser

twas gonna write something totally engrossing and mindblowing,,so much so ,CNN would probbly pick up on
it......and then i thought............................................................meh

DeletedUser

it took 10 years making and wasn't the best film i'd seen although it's quite good

DeletedUser

Far from the best movie I ever saw. It was "Dancing With Wolves" but with blue aliens in space. I actually found it quite boring midway through and wanted to shoot Cameron for wasting my money.