Best and worst Leaders/Founders

DeletedUser

Lets talk about leaders/Founders. who do u think the best/worst alliance leader/founder till now.

Although I do believe that it is too early to talk about that; but this Thread will be useful on the long run. when alliances fall and we find out that leadership plays a major role in the alliance progress and members motivation.

its an open discussions, no need for specific classification, just say what you experienced.

DeletedUser

Due to the nature of this thread. Please remember personal attacks are not allowed. If you see something you believe fits this be sure to report it and make my job easier.

That said, have fun :)

DeletedUser

Interesting topic,

Surely the only people who could give a genuine insight to this question would be players who had been in several alliances.

And if they have bounced around from pillar to post then they probably arent the sort of player you would want advice from anyway !!

J.

DeletedUser

Good point blade. Also makes it difficult to be objective if you happen to BE a founder/leader... and the vast majority of the people who use these forums are exactly that.

So... Thunder435 is awesome. Best leader I've ever seen.

DeletedUser

Interesting topic,

Surely the only people who could give a genuine insight to this question would be players who had been in several alliances.

And if they have bounced around from pillar to post then they probably arent the sort of player you would want advice from anyway !!

J.

agree but the evaluation comes from the alliance advancements and members stability in the alliance, the killing rate and general activity.

DeletedUser

Maybe.

We'll see.

Ive gone with Real Madrid to see whats what, as I believe in trying these things for myself and giving the benefit of the doubt. Besides I know Im not good enough to be considered or want to join a smaller more hardcore alliance as I wouldn't want to let the side down so to speak. Maybe in the next world !!!

Still unsure if I should be pleased or concerned that Im now their highest ranked player !!!

:D

J.

Aicy

Strategos
agree but the evaluation comes from the alliance advancements
That's about the alliance members, not leaders.

members stability in the alliance
Members stability? :/
Uhhh... I don't really think that's even a small factor in what determines a good leader.

the killing rate

general activity.

Good try... But you need to be in the leader's alliance to be able to juudge them, and even then it's too early for them to show their true leadership abilities.

How about we discuss what alliance has the largest percentage of 12 year olds? :D

DeletedUser

come on guys, Aicy, you just block my directions every where i go. :D
I give up. :)

DeletedUser

I think its a good question fella,

But I think its too early to discuss and there havent been enough fights to break alliances down so the truth comes out - theres all sorts of trouble and strife in some of the other worlds' alliances if you read the other parts of the forum. VERY entertaining !!!

J.

DeletedUser

I think many of the things Aicy claims is only for members is truly a job of the leader to keep going.

A leader must be able to:
- Keep the alliance stable (e.g. not split into factions and keep members organised and secure)
- Keep the activity level up by encouraging coordinated attacks and forum use otherwise punishments should be used.
- Kill rate ~ Tutor the members and organise campaigns and mass clearings.

There are many people that can affect an alliances advancements but utlimately it is up to the leaders. No question about that.

Aicy

Strategos
come on guys, Aicy, you just block my directions every where i go. :D
I give up. :)

Oh please, I did nothing but let you know that this thread wasn't going to have an activity (On-topic that is) before you found out yourself as a result of such happening.

DeletedUser

finally :) thanks for the support bro.
and yes Aicy I fingered that out, ;)

DeletedUser

I think many of the things Aicy claims is only for members is truly a job of the leader to keep going.

A leader must be able to:
- Keep the alliance stable (e.g. not split into factions and keep members organised and secure)
- Keep the activity level up by encouraging coordinated attacks and forum use otherwise punishments should be used.
- Kill rate ~ Tutor the members and organise campaigns and mass clearings.

There are many people that can affect an alliances advancements but utlimately it is up to the leaders. No question about that.

It weird,

I started off when I saw the first post thinking much of what Aicy said but didnt comment as it would have shot Hosams thread down which I didnt want to do !! Then i came back and read Aicy's comments and thought "I was right", but I kept thinking about it afterwards and now I have come back to this topic to write pretty much exactly what you have said.

I think experienced members make a huge difference, but ultimately its the leaders decisions that should affect how the alliance works and therefore what choices that alliance does, which can then have an impact on what happens to them, just look at Teh Penguinz as an example of something that could have been good but the choices made by the leaders quickly brought it to its knees. Long term it might always have gone that way, but it doidnt need to take on the NarNars straight away and several others at once opening up fights on several flanks, it was suicide.

J.

DeletedUser2663

ok since no one has actually done the purpose of this thread let me get a list for you all

TBR - 123koan
Semper Fidelis - KillaBanana
IUNCTUS - KAS1
S.G.C - MetalCore
SWAT - Williams69
the marines - GenDodo right?
Narwhals - Emperor Narwhal

These are the founders of good alliances i know of so now some one can actually rate them

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
All I can say for this is...

You can't really rate any leaders/founders yet because no alliance has yet got to conquer other alliance's cities or take over Oceans. Once that happens and if the leader of the alliance can coordinate attacks, Make sure everyone is active, support fellow members, be active in the forums and make threads with other alliance leaders then that's a good leader.

DeletedUser

William from SWAT deserves a node. He's a good guy. but like me it getting use to the 50 player limit in Lambda. He has the leader of an MRA, so the adjustment is a long one.

Also Thunder in the Marines is cool. He's running a tight ship.

DeletedUser

At this stage of the game I believe there are several criteria.

First, as noted in the (slightly insultingly named) 'Nub Server' thread, this server might contain a high percentage of newer players. A good leader here is forced to adjust to these considerations. The Marines have adjusted as well as anyone could, entering the game with a select group of players, keeping Lambda as their primary focus, and keeping recruitment very low. Obviously placed in the very good leadership slot.

For all the other leaders, it's going to be a lot harder to see.
But there are some ways to discern how well they are doing.

First of all, with a new game, and a lot of new players, these leaders will have to train, uphold morale and keep people active by encouragement. This can easily be seen on the point charts by looking down the alliance's list.
-Are a lot of players really low in points, seemingly inactive?
-Is the fat being trimmed?
-Is there a core group of higher point players?

Second, I believe it is vital for these leaders to be active themselves. No recruit (or experienced warrior), no matter how good they are or may eventually be, wants a leader that seems to be wishy-washy or doesn't care.
Granted, people have real lives, but at this point of the game one sign of a good leader is someone who is near the top of the points chart (alliance, ocean and world), and also has a tidy number of BPs.
This shows commitment; to their players, the alliance, Lambda, and especially to their own leadership.

As I glance down the lists, there seem to be some excellant leaders out there.
But, as everyone here has indicated... only time will tell.