Beta Game Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Some of you feel Beta is slowing down. Wait a few days and see just how boring it will become.

I can't explain due to the fact that the Mods will delete this post.

----

@Mods: I would still like to know how to contact a Grepolis Developer.

DeletedUser

Are you referring to what I think you might be referring to (an update)?

DeletedUser

Some of you feel Beta is slowing down. Wait a few days and see just how boring it will become.

I can't explain due to the fact that the Mods will delete this post.

----

@Mods: I would still like to know how to contact a Grepolis Developer.

Well thanks for giving us all that useful information. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

If you desire more information please send me an IGM.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

One Account Per Player

Players may play in each world with only one account. The giving out of an account's password is forbidden at anytime. A game account may only be controlled by a single player.

Examples:

* Players may use a single computer for more than one account however these players sharing a connection must note Rule 2.
* It is forbidden to control another account even if its player is absent for any reason.
* It is forbidden to attempt an unauthorized log in to other accounts.

----

Buying an account is highly against the rules.

Being gifted an account is not in certain circumstances.

I do not see where giving your account to another player is acceptable but our Mods seem to think it's okay on a case by case basis. The mods have told me that this is a word of mouth rule that they don't want published for all to see. Why is a 'hidden' rule being allowed?

----

In the past, UAE has taken cities from our inactive players... Would have been much easier if we knew that you can 'gift' your account to anyone. Of course, the Mods would have to approve it. It would be helpful if we knew what defines 'certain circumstances'.

My 42 day VM starts soon and after this time I have requested that my account be 'gifted' to Raptok. (I like that guy... he and Jarp have brought much needed humor to the forums) I hope that 'certain circumstances' allow Raptok to take my account.

DeletedUser

Well, the hidden essence of this is most likely so that the mods aren't overwhelmed with account swaps.

Possible "Loop-Holes" to wording:

One Account Per Player I do have 1 account on this world

Players may play in each world with only one account. The giving out of an account's password is forbidden at anytime. Thats a tough one... Possibly this rule was made to stop co-playing. If so then they need to change the wording A game account may only be controlled by a single player. It is.

Examples:

* Players may use a single computer for more than one account however these players sharing a connection must note Rule 2.
* It is forbidden to control another account even if its player is absent for any reason. More coplaying RE: Player is on vacay
* It is forbidden to attempt an unauthorized log in to other accounts. Was authorized by previous owner
[/QUOTE]

Now if these loop holes are correct, then we just have to reword the sentences.

DeletedUser

By rewording the sentences you are changing the rules not just little rewording

By changing the rules some people might chose not to play this game with rules like account sharing and such,

DeletedUser

Yeah, the mods are clearly bending the rules at their own discretion.

The rules say this:

The giving out of an account's password is forbidden at anytime.

It is forbidden to control another account even if its player is absent for any reason.

NOWHERE in the rules does it say an account may be gifted.

Rules were broken.

If account gifting is "OK" then it should be in the rules and all players should be able to take advantage of it. It should have been common knowledge to all players from the very beginning.

DeletedUser

Then rules have been being broken for a while now. Most players even knew it was going on!

DeletedUser

Good point Jarp.

The rules need to be changed or there needs to be better policing of the existing rules.

----

This matter is about you taking over the aznxasazn account. I thought it was against the rules to trade accounts so I called you out on it. The Mods have explained to me that it is a common practice for accounts to be traded. It's not in the rules because the Mods would be flooded with account transfer requests.

----

I'm only seeking the truth and want all players to know that Account Trading is an option. It can save time and help reposition players to more suitable areas (closer to their Alliance)

----

This is nothing personal against Jarp or Phenomen. I thought a rule was being broken so I alerted the Mods. Had I known that account gifting is fair game play, I would have never brought this subject up.

It just makes me wonder what other 'hidden' rules there are.

DeletedUser

Buying accounts is clearly stated against the rules. But passing an account on too another player is definitley not against the rules.

DeletedUser

a slight change in the guideline procedure (which I have mentioned to the mods at point of contact) for account trading (for a leaving player, giving their account on a voluntary basis), would mean that there was no clash with the current rules as stated in the game contract, with regards to passing account details to 3rd parties.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure they will amend the rules but I hope they do. I asked a Mod the same thing.

This was the Mods response:

It's not in the rules and it won't be. It's meant to be word of mouth knowledge as we don't particularly want thousands of players giving their accounts to other players.

Please realize that the players who do acquire new accounts this way are playing within the rules. Their old accounts are set to delete before they play their new accounts. Therefore, they are still abiding by the one player, one account rule.

DeletedUser

i think if u quit u quit can't just give your account to someone
this all a bunch of BS people just trying cheat if people are not going to play fair then what is the point in playing at all?

DeletedUser

Everything is settled Raptok. My account will be yours after my VM runs out. (42 days from now)

DeletedUser

Buying accounts is clearly stated against the rules. But passing an account on too another player is definitley not against the rules.

And how can u be sure that there was no pay ? buying or selling ...... cause u cant control all factors in my opinion gifting can be considered as buying .....

DeletedUser

It's not. I wouldn't even pay for a 2 billion point account as it's just a game

Status
Not open for further replies.