Boycott of Morale

DeletedUser

I am here to propose a boycott of Morale...
Innogames is a business is it not?
So, what's the best way to get its attention?
To cut off the money supply!

I ask all premium users to STOP BUYING gold until the devs take notice of us, and do the very simple thing of issuing an in-game poll where every active member of this grepolis community will vote for or against morale.
If the poll shows that people like morale, no more threads will be created about it, "but if we win moral will stop having an effect once the defending player reaches 25,000 points. At that point they should be able to deal with things without the bonus... " (Edit suggested by Uber Lord).

Until they take notice, i will not be buying anymore gold, and i ask the rest of you to join me.

Comment from Uber Lord:

I just want to comment on the suggestion I made. Perhaps a limit could be put on morale so that after a certain number of points it no longer helps a player. 25,000 was off the top of my head but I am sure it would need to be discussed more to keep things balanced. Essentially, it is just that morale should be for the very new players to allow them to get into the game, not to protect the 100K players harrassing my CS in port and me being unable to retaliate because I will hit a bireme wall supplied by their alliance along with a 50% morale.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, all members of the top 12 alliances in Theta (who haven't blocked me) just got a message about this... Hopefully we can get enough support to get their attention... Please spread the word on your respective worlds...

DeletedUser

HUGE FACEPALM. :S

Got the stupid link wrong in the message! :S

DeletedUser

You do realise your are not the first to propose this kind of action, right? There were polls held exactly as you described, and an overwhelming majority of players voted FOR the morale system. I think this happened mid-last year, when Morale was first introduced.

DeletedUser2950

I hate morale too, & the top players I've heard from all agree. You just get penalized for being successful. Having it go all the way down to 33% is crazy, & then there's that annoying "luck" on top of it. I'd like to see them both go.

Please make a poll as he asked. That's a reasonable request.

DeletedUser

Yeah, let's see what hurts their business first...you not buying premium. Or them never having another new player enter a world successfully to even start buying premium due to the lack of morale inhibition.

If you remove morale then you simply open it up for those that love attacking inactives, ghosts...and now add - people too small to do anything about it, rather than them buffing up and learning how to attack like a big boy with the other big boys.

Say goodbye to any new influx in the existing worlds whatsoever....and do we not routinely hear the great whine and moan all over about difficulty recruiting new active players?

Yeah, do that, ditch morale and see how much easier that becomes. *insert sarcasm flag here for the cognitively impaired*

DeletedUser

You do realise your are not the first to propose this kind of action, right? There were polls held exactly as you described, and an overwhelming majority of players voted FOR the morale system. I think this happened mid-last year, when Morale was first introduced.

I am aware of it happening last year, but as was suggested in another thread, a new poll should be held now as you should always double check your results...

please see teh initial post as i have changed the idea slightly.

DeletedUser

I hate morale, and it makes no sense, if your playing well your troops would have good morale, not bad morale! But they can't do that as it would let big players grow uncontrollably. This is like a form of tax where the poor pay nothing and get given benefits for being lazy sods and whilst the rich have to pay more than half their salaries to pay for those sods.

The whole system is terrible and should be scrapped.

P.S I got the fail link, thats why I'm here :)

DeletedUser

:pro:I agree, at least to reduce moral effect.

P.S I also got the fail link, thats why I'm here

DeletedUser

I just want to comment on the suggestion I made. Perhaps a limit could be put on morale so that after a certain number of points it no longer helps a player. 25,000 was off the top of my head but I am sure it would need to be discussed more to keep things balanced. Essentially, it is just that morale should be for the very new players to allow them to get into the game, not to protect the 100K players harrassing my CS in port and me being unable to retaliate because I will hit a bireme wall supplied by their alliance along with a 50% morale.

DeletedUser

Thanks Uber. :)
You can delete that btw, i added it to my first post...

DeletedUser

Uber makes a good point, what I think though is that morale is merely too strong, i.e. it lowers too fast. I'd recommend just changing the formula a bit to make it lower a bit slower, and possibly add in Uber's suggestion as well, but for a higher point count.

I'm not boycotting btw, that's just overkill in my opinion.

Noreii also makes a good point (she's good at those), morale is for the newer players, not for the old big guys. Though I have no idea why people would join a world that's many months in with 100k+ players on the rim.

DeletedUser

Congratulations to Uber Lord, at least, for grasping the concept of game balance and why the concept of morale even exists as well as offering a suggestion that took a moronic idea into the realm of more worthwhile discussion. Ie - how to alter the perceived problems and still allow for the game balance issue that morale attempts and DOES address.

Now to sit back and read the influx of chaff from those that still don't grasp it. Can we start a thread and move those responses there? I'd title it "Gee, I never did reckon it might be for more than just mucking around with the big players for no apparent reason whatsoever. Golly golly, who'd a thunk it?!"

DeletedUser

Can i just ask why you are so pro-morale?

No experienced player is attacking a 10,000 points inactive... It is when you are 370,000 points and you attack a 90,000 point player and loose that is annoying!

DeletedUser

a lot of players like morale though

The worlds have different settings with a mixture of morale and non-morale to cater for all types of players. I would suggest just avoid the morale ones, that is why they don't release the same setting everytime, so everyone gets a chance to play a world with the settings they like :)

DeletedUser13646

I think morale both "hurts" and "helps" strong players. Once you go beyond 30-40 towns, then getting to the next CL requires way too many CPs and that translates into BPs.

So, when your troops fight at 33% power you earn 3x as many BPs as you would normally do. That helps earn CPs and without CPs you can't grow.

In order for morale to actually hurt a strong player, that player needs to be focused to attack single town players instead of strong ones. I think this rarely happens. Alliances have smaller players too and these players can take on the small targets.

DeletedUser

Well, the last 4 worlds have had morale, including the 2 2.0 worlds (Which i will not be joining).
If they really were mixing it up the would just go 50% active and 50% not... That way it would actuall ybe fair.

I think morale both "hurts" and "helps" strong players. Once you go beyond 30-40 towns, then getting to the next CL requires way too many CPs and that translates into BPs.

So, when your troops fight at 33% power you earn 3x as many BPs as you would normally do. That helps earn CPs and without CPs you can't grow.

In order for morale to actually hurt a strong player, that player needs to be focused to attack single town players instead of strong ones. I think this rarely happens. Alliances have smaller players too and these players can take on the small targets.

You don't get more BP from killing men when you have 30 morale then when you have 100 morlae do you???