Bringing back the Reputation System

Should the reputation system be brought back?

• Yes, bring back the rep system as it was before.

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Yes, bring back the rep system but leave out the steroids.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Yes, bring back the rep system but leave out neg rep.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No, we don't need a reputation system.

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

I believe everyone starts off with some. But it can be lost and you can be demoted, thus losing your rank privileges.

I can't remember. I'm on 89 total rep with rep given 7 times. Only about half signed it so I didn't know what amounts I got each time, it only indicates whether positive or negative.

The system still has the 'must rep 20 different people or wait X days before repping the same person again' in place too. This helps prevent mass repping by the same people.

Don't know if that's a standard thing with vBulletin? (This system comes from a vBulletin based board)

That's good. Though I fear I would be de-repped a lot :p But I like it :)

DeletedUser

If it is brought back, will we be where we were or will everyone start fresh?

DeletedUser2795

I would suggest starting fresh, because people who started in the forums shortly before/after rep was removed will be unbalanced in terms of rep amounts

DeletedUser

I would suggest starting fresh, because people who started in the forums shortly before/after rep was removed will be unbalanced in terms of rep amounts
Yea, I had gotten 1 rep point before it was removed.
I remember the post it was for, too.

DeletedUser

I never used the forums when there was a rep system, i personally disliked using forums for certain reasons. Just ask Benvolio. I'd like to have it in place though, just to get a feel of it.

DeletedUser

it is interesting to see the general trend;
-there are people who generate lots of good rep because they only ever are good in the forums not too one sided or rash in commenting
-There are interesting people who make posts and generate good rep
-There are very interesting people ie JKP3nt who say what they think and have a good lark... btw I love you man... Interesting peoples whos personalities generate good and bad
-And then idiots and spammers who will only get bad rep

How about a plus and a minus system, they are like seperate.
You can then see if the person generates people agreeing with them or not. ill use
JKP3nt as an example again as while spying is fun it generates bad rep but also he will get good rep as people like his comments. That way you can differentiate a bit if someone is being sniped by haters.
Of course not fool proof but you make a fool proof system someone makes a better fool.

DeletedUser

Well, to tell you the truth, sometimes disbanding big MRA's get you great rep :D

DeletedUser

Reputation...
You can + or - a Post, and is displayed below Total Posts..
Green = More +'s, Red = More -'s

DeletedUser

So, does anyone know any dates when this may be started...

or finished.

DeletedUser

It's probably going to come back, be abused then removed again :/

DeletedUser909

If only it were that simple. :(

Trust me, people, I'm working on it.

DeletedUser2795

hut, 2, 3, 4, hut, 2, 3, 4!!! :p :p will you tell us how far you are (please do not say 'not finished yet') :p

DeletedUser2795

If she became our community manager then she could not talk to us ;(
She is teh power behind the non-existent throne :D